Status: Active-ish Depending on Response

Shout

No

[5]


"You're telling me, I've been missing the fact that Breadsticks is in fact, Breadstix for years now" I deadpan staring down at the menu in awe.

Sam shrugs, grinning up at me over his own menu, "I thought you we're suppose to be the smart one." I roll my eyes at him, kicking his shin under the table laughing loudly when he jumps, a girlish yelp piercing the air.

"What was that for!" he pouts, his one hand reaching under the table to rub his knee. I shrug innocently before turning back to my menu not being able to keep the smile off my face. I definitely felt better now, any confusion I was feeling before was gone. Did I like Finn? As a friend yes, but anything more, definitely not. I liked the idea that he may like me, but I was pretty sure that was about it. I mean, everyone likes the feeling of being liked, that little pep in your step you get when you know someone has a crush on you. It's human nature. Though I still had the urge to smack Rachel Berry right in her midget face.

"So, Finn and Rachel, didn't see that coming huh?" Sam jokes. I laugh, setting my menu down, grabbing a breadstick from the basket and snap it in half.
"You're being sarcastic right? Cause I saw that coming a mile away. I just don't want to deal with their drama for the next few months. We are graduating soon, it's getting annoying," I groan, watching as the younger boy nods his head in agreement. Sam was an easy guy to get along with, he was also not above gossiping, something else I enjoyed.

"So what about Mercedes and big football guy, he seems nice." I offer watching Sam's posture change almost instantly. I narrow my eyes slightly at his response, as he shrugs in answer, "He's on the football team, nice guy."

"You do that a lot, are you and Mercedes in a fight or something? You two have been acting odd lately.." I question watching him with calculating eyes. His jaw twitches slightly as he opens his mouth to reply, just as our waitress arrives.

"Are you guys ready to order?" she asks in a friendly tone, I watch Sam for another moment before prying my eyes away from him to give our server a smile. I'd get to the bottom of it eventually.

------------------------


"We dated over the summer," Sam say's matter-of-factly as I pull my car out of the parking space. Thrown off I slam my breaks on, and turn to my friend confused.

"We did what now?"
He laughs quietly shaking his head, "Not us, Mercedes and I, we had a bit of a summer…fling. She ended it though before school started. Said that we only worked in private and that was it. It was the day before we went to Six Flags, she came over the day before and did it, thats why when we were all together with Kurt and her the next day, I spent most of my time glued to your side because it was awkward as f-"

"Got it, it was weird," I say before taking my foot off the gas and leaving the Breadstix parking lot.

"It's weird now, she doesn't want to talk about it and neither do I really, I just wish that she'd give me some closure, yea'know?" he asks. I nod my head pulling onto the main street of Lima, heading towards our houses.

"Well, you could always sing about it in Glee. That seems to be a theme among our group? Depends what you want to say to her though I guess, don't make her cry." I order. Sam scoffs, "I'm not going to sing about it, I want to avoid that drama".

"But I was under the impression all of our friends liked drama," I tease putting my turn signal on as I sat in the intersection.

"You said you wanted a drama free, senior year. I'm just being a good friend and helping you out," he says, I see his hand go up out of the corner of my eye like he was raising his hand in surrender.

"Thanks, babes" I tease, making his deep chuckles fill the car.
"Anything for you, snickerdoodle."
"No," I say seriously, watching the light change and turning onto our street, "just, no."