Time Turner

Long Way From Home

The Time Turner started to spin out of control after James stopped spinning it. His room suddenly disappeared and James felt like he was flying. All he could see were shapes and colors and numbers all rushing past him. As quickly as it began it ended and everything came back into focus. He looked around. He was standing in front of gates of Hogwarts. He heard footsteps so he ran through the gates and hide where he could see but no one could see him.
“I can’t believe you talked us into coming back here” A boy James age said coming through the gates walking next to a brown haired girl and a red haired boy the same age. James looked closer at the boy.
“Dad?” He said a little too loudly. The boy who was speaking looked James way but he backed up so the boy couldn’t see him. The Boy had messy jet black hair similar to James own and resembles the pictures of his dad when he went to Hogwarts. The Boy shrugged and turned back towards his friends.
“I don’t know why you’re upset. You Love Hogwarts” The girl said.
“I do but it’s not like we need to learn anything else. We know all we need to know and we already got offered Jobs at the ministry”
“I know but I want to finish Hogwarts….”The girl started but the red-headed boy cut her off.
“Then go by yourself because we don’t want to be here”
“As I was saying Ronald, I want to finish Hogwarts and I want my friends there with me. Besides you guys promised you’d come back to Hogwarts with me” The girl continued.
“Hermione’s right Ron. We did promise….” The Black-Haired boy said.
“Damn it….”Ron mumbled.
“So you’ll stay?” Hermione asked.
“I guess but don’t expect me to be happy” Ron Said. Hermione smiled.
“Great then! Let’s go or we’ll miss the feast” Hermione said and walked off. The two boys followed. James came out of his hiding place.
“Did I just see the teenaged versions of my dad, Uncle Ron and aunt Hermione?” James asked himself. Was it possible that he accidently sent himself back in time to when they were at Hogwarts? He looked down at the time turner which was still in his hand. He shook his head. “No impossible! I only turned this 4 times which should have sent me back 4 hours not 23 years! Maybe I’m dreaming.” James pinched his self. “Ouch! Well that rules out dreaming….”
“What are yeh still doin' out here?” James heard a familiar voice say. He turned around and saw Hagrid; except he was different then the Hagrid James was used to. This Hagrid had a lot less grey hair…..
“Hagrid?” James asked.
“Do I know yeh? Don' think I've seen yeh before. Although yeh do remind me o' someone....” Hagrid said.
“Um no. I’m new I….uh transferred here from America…” James lied, which wasn’t a good lie considering he didn’t sound American at all but Hagrid bought it.
“Well then...Welcome to Hogwarts. Yeh're going to love it here everyone does.”
“Well I should go inside now”
“Right, Don' want to miss the feast.” Hagrid said. James nodded and reluctantly walked towards the castle with Hagrid right behind him. On the way to the great hall they came across Professor McGonagall who was speaking to the first years.
“Hello Hagrid, Running a little late aren’t we?” She asked.
“Sorry, had to take o' somethin' real quick but I ran into someone on the way here. Says he's a transfer from America.” Hagrid said. Professor McGonagall looked at James.
“I don’t remember hearing about someone coming from America but thank you Hagrid.” She said. Hagrid nodded and headed into the great hall.
“What’s your name?” She asked James.
“James Potter…son?” James said mentally slapping himself for saying his real last name.
“James Potterson?”
“Yep that’s my name….Apparently” James said saying the last part quietly.
“Well…James, We weren’t expecting you but unexpected surprises aren’t a new thing here at Hogwarts, we’ll make room for you. Do you have your books?” She asked. James shook his head. “I’ll send someone to retrieve your books then but you’re going to have to get sorted with the first years.” James Nodded. Professor McGonagall then went on to explain about the houses but James wasn’t really listening he already knew this stuff. After Professor McGonagall finished talking she took James and the first years into the great hall. James tried to blend in with the first years but that easier said than done seeing as he was taller than them and he was wearing Pajamas which he now noticed he was wearing….
“Come on James you’ll go first” Professor McGonagall said. James reluctantly went up and sat on the tiny stool and waiting for her to put the hat on his head. He wasn’t too thrilled at being sorted again but it had to be done. Professor McGonagall placed the sorting hat on top of James head.
Long way from home aren’t you?” James heard inside his head. “Yes, I know all about the time traveling. Be careful. Bad things happen to those who meddle with time. Seeing as I already sorted you or will in this case no need to sort you again. GRYFFINDOR!” James got up from the stool and headed the Gryffindor table not surprised that the Sorting hat knew he didn’t belong in this time. The sorting hat could read your thoughts and see your memories so it’s only natural that it would know this about James.
“You don’t look like an 11-year old….” Ron said as James sat next to him. Hermione rolled her eyes. She loved Ron but sometimes he could be quite stupid.
“He’s obviously not a first year Ron. He’s probably just a transfer right?” She asked looking at James. James felt uncomfortable. He was sitting next to his Aunt, Uncle and father and they were teenagers….It was weird. James was about to answer when a red-headed girl around James age ran towards them.
“Harry, you came back. I thought you said you weren’t coming back? You too Ron.” She said as she sat down across from James and next to Harry. James stared at Ginny. He couldn’t believe that his mother used to be hot.
“Damn….” He muttered a little too loudly for his liking. Everyone near him stopped what they were doing and looked at him. He purposely dropped his fork. “Dropped my fork” He said and picked it up. Thankfully everyone went back to their conversations.
“We weren’t coming back but Hermione talked us into coming” Harry said to Ginny. For the rest of the feast James tried to avoid talking to Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione. It was near the end of the feast and people were beginning to clear out. James Got up quickly and started walking out of the great hall but as he was leaving he heard Hermione say,
“I should go too. I have to find the head boy and ask for the password for our common room.”
“I still don’t like the fact that you’re sharing a common room with another guy” Ron said as Hermione stood up.
“It’s not like we are sharing a dorm Ron. Just like in the Gryffindor common room the head boy and head girl have separate dorms. You don’t have to worry Ron; nothing is going to happen between me and the head boy”
After hearing this James continued on to the Gryffindor common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter a little boring but promise that the story will get better :D