Sequel: Sweet Nothings
Status: Completed with Readers: 448; Subscribers: 156; Comments: 192; Stars: 10

French Vanilla

And I'm Melting

"Please... please Skylah, don't leave me...." Whispered into my ears. My eyes flinched upon hearing Tom's distressed voice. "Skykah... yeh mean so much teh me. Yeh can't do this teh me," he choked out. My eyes flinched again and I tried to force them open. They felt like there were thousand pound weights laying on top of them.

"Tommy?" My voice whispered out.

His head shot up and I gasped at the site in front of me. I jerked up ignoring the small amount of pain I had. "Yeh up? Oh fank God." He reached over and pulled me into a hug.

"Tom!" I snapped.

"What?" He pulled back and looked into my eyes.

His eyes couldn't distract me from what I was seeing. He had an enormous bruise on the left side of his face. It was swollen and decorated with small cuts everywhere. He had a few bandages in various spots and a few small patches of dried blood. My eyes watered up looking at him like that. "Tommy, what happened?"

His thumb wiped a few of the tears away and he sighed. "I'm so sorreh."

"What happened?" I repeated.

"We got into a car accident. A stupid bloke ran a red light."

"You look a wreck."

He chuckled lightly, "well I'm sorreh I don't look fit aftah an accident, but yeh look propa beautiful."

I smiled and bit my lip, looking down. Of course now is the time when I notice I'm in a hospital bed. I looked over at him again and saw that he had a drip stuck into his arm as well. "Finally," a nurse said, coming into the room. "Skylar Henning is awake." I smiled lightly up at her. "Mr. Sykes here refused to lay in his own bed until he knew you were alright. We insisted you were fine but he wouldn't have any of it."

I grinned looking down at Tom sitting in the chair next to my bed. "Well he's an amazing guy. I'm glad I have him in my life."

He smiled back up at me, a light tint of red covering his cheeks. "You have a few visitors by the way. They've been trying to get in here for a few hours now but we wanted to wait until you woke up. Is it okay to send them in?"

Tom and I nodded and the nurse left the room. "You know, Tommy, you should be laying in bed right now. You need to get better too."

He shook his head and brought his hand up to my face, gently caressing it. "The onleh place I would 'ave felt right stayin' is in this chair next teh yeh."

Now it was my turn for my face to have a light pink tint to it. This boy drove me crazy. "Oh fank God yeh both okay," Oliver smiled from the doorway. He walked in with the rest of the band following after him. "I fought I was going to 'ave teh get a new brothah and model!" We both rolled our eyes and smiled at him. "Glad yeh boff okay though."

"Aye, the little purple bird is alright! Good teh hear!" Jona yelled, ruffling my hair.

"Hey!" I whined, swatting his hands away.

"Well I see that she's still as fiesty as evah," Matt Kean smiled gently.

Matty Nicholls leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Hope yeh feel bettah!"

Lee smiled and sat down next to Tom. He was quiet and complacent. There was always something about Lee that I could trust. He just seemed like that type of guy who you could go to anything with and he wouldn't ever judge you.

"Mum is right upset," Oli chuckled a little. "She's going to 'ave a fit when yeh get 'ome."

Tom smiled lightly. "I imagine tha'. When do we get teh leave anyway?"

Oli shrugged, "I fink the nurse said somefin' about a few days but I'm sure I can get yeh out tomorrah. Juss get bettah."

"Alright kiddies," the nurse spoke, coming into the room. She picked up both our medical charts and examined them. "Well you both look like you're doing a lot better, but you both need to rest." She turned and faced the tattooed gang. "That means visiting hours are over."

Oli rolled his eyes. "Oi! He's my brothah! Visiting hours my arse! I'm staying."

She rolled her eyes and gently put her hands on Oli's shoulder. "They just need rest and you can't help them do that. Come on, out with all of you!" Oli rolled his eyes as he was pushed out the door. "That means the rest of you too!"

Matt Kean left being followed by Matty. Lee waved gently. "Smile fo' the camera!" Tom and my eyes flashed over to Jona to see him holding up his phone. "Got it! Feel bettah!" He laughed, running out of the room.

I laughed and looked over at Tom who rolled his eyes. "That arse is going to put tha' shi' on his stupid Tumblr."

"Let him," I smiled gently. "Who cares?"

His lip twitched into a small smile. "I don't. The onleh fing that matters righ' now is being 'ere wiff yeh." My cheeks blushed lightly. I felt his hand gently grab mine and hold it. "'Ow are yeh feelin'?"

"Fine actually." I took a deep breath. I had to start telling him how I feel or nothing would ever come from any of this. "I'm fine because you're here, and you make everything perfect."

"Fanks love," his face gently blushed. "Yeh do the same fo' me as well."

I scooted over in the hospital bed and patted the empty space. "Lay with me?"

He nodded and got up, readjusting his drip machine. He pulled it next to the bed and climbed in. Tom laid on his side and faced me. "I nevah knew it was possible fo' someone to look so beautiful all banged up like this." His hand reached up and moved a few hairs from my face. "Yeh propa beautiful yeh know. Yeh mean a lot to me, so much realleh."

My face heated again. How can someone make you feel this way? I feel like I'm on fire in the Arctic Ocean. "Why are you saying all this?"

"Because it's true." He sighed and rubbed his face gently before reaching down for my hand again and holding it gently. "I thought I was goin' teh lose yeh. The way that made me feel..." He trailed off and closed his eyes. Shaking his head lightly, he reopened them.

Silence grew in the air and we just watched each other. He was so beautiful, perfect. Everything about him was amazing. I liked his small purple marks under his eyes, his toxic holocaust colored blue eyes, his brown hair that looked good no matter what he did with it, his slim and toned body... everything.

"Would yeh go on a date wiff me?"

His words snapped me out of my thoughts. "What?"

His brows furrowed for a moment before he smiled lightly again. "Would yeh, Skylar Henning," he pulled my hand up to his mouth and kissed it gently. "Like to go on a date wiff me?"

I grinned and nodded my head. "Yes, Thomas Sykes, I would like to go on a date with you."

He kissed my hand again and smiled. "Good, 'cause I've been finkin' lately that yeh are really the onleh one tha' can make me this happeh."

"I'm glad I make you happy, Tom-Tom."

"I juss want to make yeh happeh, and keep yeh safe, so I realleh want to try this out. That's all I want."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He looked generally exhausted, and I wasn't entirely sure if it was the pain medication that he was on that was making him say all those things to me. What does he want to try out? The date? Or something else?

I sighed and closed my eyes. Why were boys so confusing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to babygurl94512, KillenAngel, MudbloodAngel, Waking-The-Fallen, and ashweemcswagger for commenting on the last chapter! I liked how pissed everyone got ;D What do you guys think of how close her and Tom are getting? Stay tuned, kiddies. Shit is about to go down.