Status: I just love those puppy dog eyes!! :D

Raindrops In My Heart

Part 3

Saturday Morning:
"And clean this up too!"
"Yes ma'am." I mumbled sweeping my kitchen floor. My mother was keeping herself occupied by yelling and bossing me around the house. At least I wasn't getting hit by her or my old man.
"Aye dumb fuck you missed a spot." My father said dumping his cigar and cigarette ashes on the floor. I frowned and sweeped them up then put the broom back in the closet.

"Here have a drink." My father tossed a beer at me. I caught it but put it on the counter. My mom came into the kitchen and and said, "Johnathon one of your gang thugs is outside. Go with him and leave or I shoot 'em." She said coldly.

I didn't say anything I just walked outside and away from the hell hole only to find Dally lighting up a cigarette.
"Hey Dal." I said happy to see him.
"Hey I figure we got a few hours to kill lets go." He said walking off. Tonight was the bonfire the guys were throwing and I was extremely excited for it because I would see Dani again.

"Lets go to the bar and waist time there." I suggested.
"Sure why not." He said shoving his hands in his pockets.

We met up with Two-bit at the bar and we set ourselves up at a table with wooded chairs. The TV showed the weather channel showing a thunderstorm coming our way.
"Man that's a fierce storm coming." Two-bit said.
"Yeah but the boys will all be to drunk to not have a care." Dally said putting out his cigarette.
"Hope Dani would have fun." Two-bit smiled looking away from the TV.
"Oh yeah I forgot that hot shot's gonna be there. You think I can make a move on her?" Dally asked leaning back in his chair.

I instantly snapped, "No!" They both looked up at me. "I, I mean Pony might get mad or something if you did." I lowered my head and face down.
"Yeah he probably will." Dally said looking out the window.

A few hours later we started to head over to the back of Tim Shedpard's place to where the bonfire was. When we got there the guys and Tim Shepard's gang was already there starting a fire.

"Hey boys." Steve and Soda came over to us handing us beers.
"I'll see you guys around I'm gonna play poker." Dally walked off towards Shepard and his boys. Dal always liked to mess with those guys all the time. I really never understood why.

"Hey Johnny Pony's with Dani and Darry over by the wood pile." Soda said drinking coke. He hated alcohol.
"Thanks." I smiled walking past them to the back. When they came into view I heard them laughing about something.
"Hey y'all." I lightly smiled.
"Johnny!" Dani smiled jumping down from the wood pile and wrapping her arms around me.
"Hi Dani." I smiled hugging her back.
"Hey Johnny. Two-bit here? I wanna talk to him about my truck." Darry smiled and winked.
"Yeah he's with Steve and Soda." I laughed letting go of Dani. Darry nodded and walked off.

"So you guys wanna sit around here or have fun?" Dani asked pointing to the bonfire.
"Sure lets go." I said. I noticed Pony smiling and winking at me. I rolled my eyes and followed Dani only to feel Pony's hand on my shoulder. He lightly laughed as we walked to the party.

Everyone was laughing, talking, and all around having the best time they could. We were all sitting around the fire when the sound of thunder interrupted the sky. But the guys didn't care that it was probably going to rain. They partied hard all the time.

I was standing by a barrel of drinks when Pony came over with Dani behind him.
"Hey Johnny can you take Dani back to my house? I don't want her getting sick if it rains." He had a huge smile on his face.
"Why can't you do it?" I knew what he was trying to do and I didn't wanna fall for it.
"Cuz Darry wants me here to help him with anything. C'mon man." He said.

I looked behind him at Dani. She was looking up at the sky.
"Okay fine." I said grabbing my jacket and throwing it on.
"Great thanks. Dani, I'll see you back at the house kay?" He said hugging her.
"Oh your not coming with us?" She asked surprised.
"Nah I'll stay here and help out Darry. Johnny will walk you home. Darry can give you a ride home when we get back."
"Ohh okay. See you then." She said looking at me. "Shall we?"
"Sure." I said turning and walking. Dani followed.

We walked in unison and in complete silence until we reached the park. I remembered that dream I had here but I would never tell Dani.
"Did you play there growing up?" Dani asked me. She must of noticed me staring at the slide.
"Sorta. I always come here to get away from my parents or problems." I said hearing more thunder.
"Oh. Why would you..." But before Dani could finish, rain started to hammer down Earth in big drops of cold water and loud thunder.

"Here grab my hand we're almost there." I shouted to her. She took my hand and our fingers entertwined with each other tightly. We started running through the wet air until we reached Ponyboy's gate.

The both of us were soaked having no protection from the weather. I let her hand go and unlocked the gate then just as quick as I let her go, I grabbed her hand again and ran for the door.

I pulled open both doors and we ran into the dark living room.
"Wow it's bad out there." Dani said, this time letting my hand go.
"Yeah. Have a seat I'll get some towels." I said walking to the bathroom. I switched on the light and grabbed some towels off a shelf. Leaving the light on I went over to Dani and gave her two towels.

"You wanna watch some TV?" I looked down at her on the couch. I didn't know why but I kept the lights in the living room off.
"Sure thank you for the towels." She smiled wiping her face and hair down.

I turned on the TV and looked through it only to find an old comedy movie. "Is this okay?" I turned to look at her.
"Yes it's fine." She smiled putting down the towels. She sat up straight against the back of the couch and folded her hands together on her lap.
I walked over to the other end of the couch and sat down. I kind of slumped down so the back of my neck was resting on the couch. My arms were on either side of my and a towel over my shoulder. My jacket was off and hanging over the chair.

We sat there quiet through most of the movie. Then Dani said, "Ohhh I almost forgot. Can I ask you something Johnny?" She said looking at me.
"Sure." I lightly smiled looking back at the TV.
"Do you have problems in your life?" She came out with it.
"What makes you say that?" I quickly looked back at her.
"No I don't mean to offend you. I'm sorry if I did. It's just I don't know much about you and your always so quiet and only happy when your around the guys. And you said you go to the park to get away from your parents."

I didn't respond so she continued.
"I'm sorry I just wanted to know about you." A crack of thunder hit the sky and she jumped of fright a little but I noticed.
"Are you scared of the thunder?" I questioned her now.
"No it just shakes me up." She smiled then looked down at her hands. "I moved here with my mother only because I knew I would hate my life with my father."

I stared at the side of her face searching for answers then her eyes met mine.
"He remarried a few months after their divorse. He has twin daughters that he adores ha so. I wouldn't want to interrup on his perfect life." Dani finished smiling but looking in her eyes I could see the pain and misplacement she had in her life.

I looked down at my jeans then I moved over next to Dani. Her face met mine with curiousity.
"The only time I go to that park is to sleep there at night when I don't wanna bother the guys at their homes."
"Why do you sleep there?" Dani's voice had a mix of wonder and concern.
"Cuz I live in a house where I'm screamed at and hit everyday." I smiled lightly.
"Johnny! Are you serious!?" Dani shouted full of shock. I nodded a yes to her.
"How can anyone ever do that?" She asked furious. "Especiually to you, I mean look at you!" She motioned her hand toward me and I looked down at myself.

"What do you mean?" I laughed lightly.
"Well... well your Johnnycakes. Your sweet, and caring, and a great friend. I mean your..."
"Not Dally." I cut her off mumbling.
"Well no your not. You're very different than Dallas." She agreed. I knew she would.
"Yeah your right. I'm not Dally, I'm not tough, or laid back, or as good as Dally is." I said leaning on the back of the couch.
"That's not true." Dani snapped. I looked up at her.

"Look Dally's, Dally and your, you. But your just as tough and good in fact maybe your better thank he is."She said gazing down again.
I sat up and was next to her, "I thought you liked Dal?"
"I do but he scares me and he comes on to me to strong." She giggled. "I don't like that type of guy he is."

My heart was racing and my head was screaming to ask the question what is your type, but my lips and voice wouldn't let me speak the words.
"I think Dally's a good friend but I could never..." She stopped and met my eyes. Everything was gone around me. The rapid pounding in my ear from my heart was the only thing I could hear. Then it seemed like my heart was beating to the raindrops on the windows from outside.

Staring into her eyes I became possessed by my feelings and slowly I inched closer toward her. My hand touched the side of her soft skinned face. My palm rested on the side of her chin and my eyes lingered down to her lips.
"Johnny." She whispered my name then pressed her lips to mine. My eyes were wide open but I closed them tight kissing her back. Her hand wrapped around my forearm and the other she placed on my chest. Kissing her was everything I ever wanted to be happy in my life. It was warm, caring, and heart felt. Dani wasn't like other girls. She was special to me and kissing her sealed my feelings for her.

Slowly we pulled apart, opening our eyes. The rain continued to fall and the thunder sounded the sky. This time Dani smiled at me instead of jumping. "I, um I, think I have feelings for you. I know that sounds crazy but since I met you I'm always thinking about you and wanting to be closer to you." Dani smiled with her beautiful eyes.

I smiled back, "No it's not crazy at all. I feel the same way actually. I just never said nuthin 'cuz I thought you liked Dally or something." I said sitting back.
Dani laughed, "You wanna know why I don't like Dally?" She asked looking at me.
"Uh sure." I said drifting my eyes around.
"I don't like Dally because he's not quiet, he's not sweet all the time or caring. And.... he's not you." She looked back at me.
"I like you too." I laughed knowing this is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Dani laughed, "Good." We stopped laughing and shared another very sweet kiss.

When we pulled apart I put my arm around her shoulders and we both layed back on the couch. I held onto her hand tightly listening to the rain slow down and thinking how Dani can change my life for the better.

Soon I felt her head on my shoulder and I saw her asleep. I smiled to myself happy and thankful I had her with me, now in my arms and not just in my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love The Outsiders and Johnny Cade, I hope you enjoyed reading this and again thank you for comments, subscribtions, and everything else ha. Maybe in the future there'll be another 1 like this but I guess we'll see. Thanks again love u guys!