Status: Complete. <3

Tonight I'm Loving You

Happy

There's that moment in life when a terrifying decision must be made. Its when the father of your child breaks up with his girlfriend. Its when your boyfriend asks you a question that makes you doubt everything. Its when its time to take another step forward instead, of dwelling in the past. Its time to forget and forgive.

Some joyful, energetic Latin tune was vibrating the floor and air, everyone seeming to feed off the music's energy. Laughter and the flutter of chatter floated along, mixing with the thrill of the evening. Lights that had been strung up along the walls were the source of the dim lighting in the room.

And I was in the center of it all, my body swaying to beat along with my husband's. The hem of my white dress swished across the floor, the little diamonds embroidered on it glimmering in the sparse light.

“Enjoying the night so far?”

I smiled as he spun me around and pulled my body back to press against his. “Very much so.”

He smiled, white teeth gleaming. “Mrs. Iglesias. I like the sound of that.”

I smirked at him. “I'm sure you do,” I quipped.

Enrique grinned and pressed his forehead against mine as the music dropped to something slower. “I do. Because that makes me the luckiest man alive.” I hummed in response, closing my eyes.

Yes, I became Mrs. Enrique Iglesias. Can you believe it? I can't.

The day came when Enrique told me that he had broken up with Rebecca, declaring that he still loved me and no one made him feel that way that I did. No one ever would. I tried to ignore it and go on with a life with Armando. However, Armando knew the truth.

He knew I wasn't truly happy with him and never would be. So he broke up with me, told me to do what was best for myself and Satia because it wasn't him. I'd been shocked and a little heart broken, but I realized he was right. My heart just wouldn't listen to me.

The song ended and I went to get myself something to drink. Satia was playing with her new cousins, ones she'd never met until maybe a year ago. She'd fought and won the battle against the cancer. Healthiness returned to her, along with the excitement that her father would now be living with us permanently. She was all smiles all the time.

“You look beautiful tonight, if I'm allowed to say that to a married woman.”

I turned and smiled at Armando. “Of course you are. Thank you.”

He gave me one of his classic smirks and said, “congratulations. I'm happy for you and Satia. And Enrique...” I gave him a sad smile. “What?” he demanded. “I am!” He rubbed a hand over his bald head and smiled. “You wanna dance?”

“I'd love to,” I answered, setting my glass down.

He led me out onto the floor and we danced, making small talk. Satia came running over to greet her Uncle Pit, who returned her enthusiastic greeting. Even though Armando was a great man, I didn't regret my decision of going back to Enrique. Enrique had proven himself to me. He wanted a life not only with Satia, but with me as well. He was willing to sacrifice his career for us.

The day it was released that he had a child, the press went nuts. People wanted to talk to me and know who the “real” Enrique was, wanted to know everything about Satia and I's life. It was overwhelming. But Enrique handled it with strength and integrity even if he was heavily criticized along the way.

It would take time getting used to—the news of our engagement hit front page nearly a year ago—but Enrique was handling it to the best of his ability and I was doing my best to become invisible. The one good thing that had come with the publicity was the sales on my artwork. I'd quit my jobs to take care of Satia, and that had left me extra time to paint. People now wanted to see what artistic talent Enrique Iglesias' future wife exhibited. Apparently, it was worth buying.

Enrique and Pit's relationship--it wasn't as close as it used to be, but they were civil to one another and continued to have that Hispanic, brotherhood bond of their's. Though it was a little strained at times. I think Enrique was just a little threatened--still--and Pit was only being protective.

Armando pulled away from me, bringing me back to the present. “Best of luck to you, mami. If you ever need anything, I'm a phone call away, 'ight?”

I kissed his cheek. “Thank you, Pit. For everything.”

He smiled and walked away, ready to turn his charm on for a single woman. The thought of me not just...not single, but married came plummeting down at me. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist, hot breath blew across my neck.

“So I'm thinking...when we leave for the hotel room, we get some wine and—”

“—and sparkling grape juice for Satia,” I added before he could get any ideas of romance. “She's staying with us tonight before we leave for the Caribbean,” I reminded him.

He sighed, sending another wave of air across my neck. “You're right.”

“Aren't I always?”

“Yes.”

“Good answer.”

He laughed. That wonderful, angelic chuckle that matched his perfect features and charming persona. Satia came bounding over and wrapped her arms around the poofy, gossamer skirt of my dress. She looked up at me and grinned. “You look like a princess.”

I chuckled and Enrique picked her up. “She looks like a queen,” he corrected lightly, shooting a mischievous look at me. “You're the princess tonight.” Satia's grin grew and she wrapped her arms around her father's neck.

The music had slowed to the soft, Latin plucking of a guitar. Enrique opened his free arm to me and I gladly entered his embrace. He hugged me close to him, swaying to the slow beat. I laid my head on his shoulder, my eyes level with our daughter's as I fiddled with his tie. Men is suites were my weakness.

A little over a year ago, I never would have even thought of forgiving Enrique—let alone marrying him—but he'd made his second chance worth while. And I had no feelings of regrets, no sixth sense telling me that all this would come crashing down on me.

No, Enrique was ready to put his daughter first, take our relationship seriously. Satia smiled at me, showing every ounce of contentment, and I returned it. Finally, she was truly happy.

And so was I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...before you lovely people who chose Pit try to kill me(and you have every right to), I did start with Armando as the lucky guy. However, it just didn't...work. It felt forced as did Rosin's thoughts and just everything was coming out uneasy, like Rosin was actually telling me, "No, I want Enrique, not Armando." It was werid. o_o

So yes, my friends, this is the end. Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Special thanks to:
MoMo_92(I know how much you wanted Pit. :( But just think, now you can have him to yourself! :D)
Wolfpack9610
SugarCoatedPoison
rue in blue
Zombiexlollipop
And to all you subscribers, readers, and past commenters! Much love to you all! <3

Here's some love to leave you with!

Both those men about kill me in this video. :3