‹ Prequel: A Muggle at Hogwarts
Status: <------- If you haven't read the prequel :)

Another Year at Hogwarts

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Victoria no More

Draco, he called me Violet. He called me Violet! He knows—he knows it’s me! I thought to myself as I stumbled through the endless forest towards Hogwarts. I couldn’t see anything through my teary eyes, but still, I kept running. But suddenly, I felt something catch my foot and fell onto the cold, dirt ground.
I was able to lift my head from the ground, but couldn’t find the strength to stand up. I just lied there on the ground and cried.

“Violet…”

My gasped before looking up with widen eyes. Looking out into the darkness, I whispered, “M—mom?”

“It’s okay, homey. Mommy’s right here…”

“Mom?” I cried while sitting up and frantically looking around me. Even more tears began to fall from my eyes as I shouted, “Where are you mom? MOM!”

“Wake up, Violet,” I heard my mom say. “Come back to mommy, Violet. Come on…come back—“

“What do you think you’re doing?” someone from the darkness demanded.

My tears immediately stopped when I heard the voice. And as the person emerged from the darkness, I remained sitting on the ground motionless.

“Well?” Snape questioned as he stood before me.

“S—Snape,” I gasped while wiping the tears from my eyes. “What are you doing here? Where have you been?”

“You’re running out of time, Violet,” he said while slowly approaching me.

“Violet?” I repeated while slowly rising to my feet. “When did you start calling me Violet?”

“You’re running out of time,” he repeated as he stood before me. He then reached out and took the charm necklace into his hand.

I followed his gaze to the necklace and immediately noticed that it had lost its baby blue color. Now, it was nothing but a clear rock.

“Why—?” I gasped as I looked up at Snape.

“Don’t worry about Draco,” Snape told me. “He’s going to be fine. If you want to find Potter, come to the Shrieking Shack. He’ll be there soon.”

“The Shrieking Shack?” I gasped. “But that means—”

“It’s time to wake up, Violet,” Snape whispered to me.

My eyes immediately snapped open, and I found myself still laying on the ground. As I got up, my energy felt renewed. It was a good thing, too, because I had to get to the Shrieking Shack as soon as possible.

As I hurried through the woods, a clearing soon appeared. Just beyond that was the bridge that led to Hogwarts.

Racing across the bridge, I had to be careful of where I stepped. Not only did I have to avoid the bodies of dead trolls, Death Eaters and broken statues, there were also parts of the bridge that was crumbling. Thankfully, though, I was able to get into Hogwarts.

Getting to the Whomping Willow proved to be more difficult than I had thought it would be. Everyone was attacking each other from all directions, so getting through without being hit was not an easy task.

“Baker!” someone shouted from behind me.

I stopped for a brief moment and turned back to see who had called out to me. I immediately let out a heavy sigh before saying, “I don’t have time for this right now, Ginny.”

“Are you too scared to fight?” she asked with her wand held out.

“Snape’s in danger and I don’t have time to deal with you,” I said before turning around to leave.

“Stupefy!” Ginny cast.

I immediately dropped to the ground as the spark went flying over my head. I had no patient for this so I quickly spun around and bellowed, “Stay out of my way Ginny! I’m not your enemy here!”

“I beg a differ,” she snapped. Without warning, another spark flew from her wand at me.

“Protego!” I cast just before her spell had hit me. It bounced back from me and flew at Ginny, who easily avoided the hit. “Don’t stop me, Ginny!” I ordered. “If Snape dies because you stopped me from getting to him, I swear you’re going to be in a world of hurt!”

“You’re threats are useless,” she snapped while raising her wand. But before she could do anything else, someone suddenly stood in front of me.

I gasped as I looked at the man blacking me from any more of Ginny’s attack. “R—Remus?” I whispered.

“What are you doing?” Ginny asked while lowering her wand.

“She’s not our enemy, Ginny,” Remus said firmly. He then glanced back at me and said, “Go wherever you need to go, Violet.”

“Violet?” Ginny gasped. “B—but…Violet—she’s dead!”

“H—how did you—?”

“She is Violet,” Remus informed Ginny. He then said to me, “Harry told me everything after you left Shell Cottage. Plus, I’d recognize that wand anywhere.”

“Thank you,” I said as I reached out and took his hands.

He gently squeezed my hand back. “You be careful, Violet,” Remus said with a warm smile.

I nodded. “Of course. And you be careful, too. Be very careful,” I said before turning and running off.

As I got to the other side of the school, the scenery didn’t change much. Everywhere, there were Voldemort’s followers attacking the students and teachers of Hogwarts. There were bodies all over the place—bodies from both sides. It was a horrific scene.

Eventually, though, I found myself scurrying through the dark, cramped tunnel that connected to the Shrieking Shack. As I neared the end, I could see light coming through from the opening before me. However, the closer I got to the end of the tunnel, the louder a strange sound became. I could hear distant talking, and then a horrid gurgling filled my ears. Tears immediately began falling from my eyes as I quickened my pace.

“Snape!” I shouted as I burst into the room.

Hermione, Ron and Harry all gasped as they turned to look at me. Harry slowly got up from the ground and turned to face me. In his blood-covered hand, I could see a small bottle filled with a familiar blue liquid.

“He’s not—” I said as I turned to Ron and Hermione.

“I’m so sorry, Violet,” Ron said as he looked down at his feet.

I shook my head as my eyes moved back to Snape’s still body on the ground. “No…” I whispered. “He—he can’t be! Snape!” I said as I hurried towards Snape.

Harry immediately raced towards me and caught me in his arms before I could get near Snape.

“LET GO OF ME HARRY!” I shouted as I struggled to get out of his grip. I screamed and pulled at Harry’s hands, but despite my attempts, Harry held me firmly in his arms. “Snape, get up! GET UP! SNAPE!”

“Violet!” Hermione cried when I fell to the ground in tears.

“He…he can’t be dead,” I sobbed while clutching tightly onto the clear stone in my necklace. “He…Harry…”

“Shh!” Harry hushed as he continued to hold me in his arms. He ran his hand through my hair as he continued to comfort me. “Everything’s going to be alright Violet.”

Ron and Hermione, who by this point had tears streaming down her face as well, came over to Harry and me. As Hermione sat beside me, I shifted into her arms, and continued to cry.

Suddenly, Hermione and my tears ceased as a high pitched ringing echoed through the shack. Hermione, Ron, and I winced in pain as me brought our hands up and covered our ears. Harry, on the other hand, stumbled backwards and his breathing became heavy.

“Harry Potter…” rang Voldemort’s voice, “…you all have fought valiantly in his name. However, your actions are in useless. I do not wish this, though. Every drop of magical blood spilled here is a terrible waste. Therefore, I command my forces to retreat into the Forbidden Forest. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity.

“Harry Potter…I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, instead of face me yourself. And that is the greatest dishonor.

“Now, confront your fate. Join me in the Forbidden Forrest and no more innocent blood will be spilt. If you do not do this, however, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who stands in my way. You have one hour.”


Then there was silence.

“Harry!” Hermione gasped as she immediately turned to Harry. “You can’t go. If you do, you’re going to die—”

“I know,” Harry quickly interrupted.

“So…you’re not going to go, right?” Ron asked. “I mean—we can fight this. We can beat him, Harry.”

“Yeah…I know,” Harry said as he glanced up at me. He then looked down to his hand before extending it out to me. “Well, here you are. Snape wanted us to give this to you,” he said as he handed me the vile.

“Thank you,” I said with a heavy sigh.

“What is that anyways?” Hermione asked.

“The potion to summon the Universal Portal I fell through,” I replied. I stared at the bottle for a little bit long before placing it into my pocket.

Hermione nodded understandingly. “Well, we should head back to the castle.”

“Could we—” I paused and looked passed Harry to Snape. “Could we…Snape, I mean. We—we can’t just leave him like this.”

“O—of course,” Hermione nodded.