Status: Complete

A Daydream Away

Chapter 11

I had somehow managed to sleep through all of yesterday and woke up around 9 the next morning to the sounds of ‘Weightless’ coming from the kitchen. I listened for a bit just laying there hearing his voice made my heart hurt. Why did i have to be accepted here?

"Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year, And i'm so sick of watching the minutes pass as i go nowhere" Someone was singing along to the music, it sounded like a girl's voice. A loud crash made me jump out of bed grab the bottle of water next to me, how this would help if the person in my kitchen was a serial killer i don’t know, I took a deap breath before slowly turning the knob and opening the door. I sighed in relief when i saw a young red haired girl dancing around singing along to her ipod and making breakfast. I closed my door making her jump a little but she just smiled sweetly and waved at me. Still slightly sleepy i just waved back and walked over to her.

“You’re Lacey right?” she asked, well more like yelled she was way to cheery for me at this time in the morning. I just nodded. “Thank god i was hoping it was you and the person in your bed wasn’t a homeless person.” She turned back around to butter toast and i smiled. “Oh and by the way i’m Anastasia but please just call me Ana?” I nodded again. “You don’t talk much do you?”

“I do i’m just tired.”

“Oh and another thing there was a parcel delivered here earlier for you, i left it on the coffee table over there.”

“Thanks Ana. How long have you been awake for? You seem really cheery.” I laughed and walked over to the pale table.

My living room was an off white colour with a big fireplace in the middle just underneath a large TV on the wall. I knew this would come in handy in winter. The sofa was black and could even recline. How cool is that? On the table there was a single baby pink orchid. My favourite type of flower. My mum and Ana’s mum had done an amazing job with this place; it looked like something from TV. It was so big and the views from our windows were amazing.
Just like Ana had said there was a parcel on the corner of the table. I tried pulling the tape off of it but ended up giving my finger a massive paper cut from the box. “Fuck”

“What is it Lacey are you ok?” Ana rushed over to me with a tea towel over her shoulder like a chef would do.

“Yeah i just got a paper cut” I shrugged and she toddled back over to the kitchen.

I opened the parcel and saw a picture of me and Alex, my face was all scrunched up and he was kissing my cheek all sweaty. He had just finished a show when he came and hugged me. I chuckled at the memory. There was also one of his shirts that still smelled like him and a note:

Hey there babygirl,
I wanted to send you this because even though i won’t be with you in person in New York i will be there in a way. So have my shirt, i know it’s your favourite one of mine. I may have stole one of yours before you left. I was also looking through pictures from tour the other day and saw this one, i liked it because your face looks you cute in it, not that you don’t look cute all the time but anyway. Go have fun in the big bad world, but not too much fun if save that for when i come see you :p.
Anyways i better finish this letter now because otherwise i will end up taking up like 10 pages telling you how much i love you and well that isn’t manly and also my hand would get sore. :(
I LOVE YOU LACEY, and i miss you already.
Alex xxxxxxxxx

I couldn’t help the few stray tears the slowly made their way down my cheek. But i also couldn’t help the massive grin on my face.I lifted the shirt to my nose and lightly sniffed it, it still smelled like him so I put on Alex’s shirt and made my way back to the

“You alright Lacey?”

“ I’ve been better just missing home, but i’m alright thanks. So when did you get here? Oh and you can call me Lace by the way.

“I miss home too and I got here this morning and well thought it would be nice to get to know each other over breakfast. So Bon appétit!” she motioned her hand to the mountain of food on the table. There was pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, sausages, fresh fruit, yoghurt, coffee and fruit juice. “I wasn’t sure what you liked so i made everything” she chuckled. This girl was cute i could see us becoming good friends.

“Well here’s to new friendship” I toasted with the juice. “So you like the band All Time Low? I heard them playing this morning.”

She blushed yeah” i love them. You like them?”

“Yeah well i sort of have to, you know the drummer Rian?” She nodded eagerly” Well I’m .... Erm I’m his sister.” Her mouth dropped open and her eyes widened i prepared myself for the scream but luckily i didn’t hear it. “I’m also Alex’s girlfriend”

“That’s so cool” She finally replied after looking at me like i was some sort of alien for 5 minutes.

We hung out all day together and we figured we had a lot in common. She was so easy going and hardly brought up the boys besides the few normal questions and things like “What are they like?”, “Was touring with them fun?” and “I’m soooo jealous of you lol, i would kill to go on tour with a band like them, well anyone really.” She was so cute and soo pretty and looked like she should be Scottish, with the wavy red hair, pale skin, bright blue eyes and faint freckles on her face. I had always loved red hair but i never had the balls to dye mine that colour so i stayed brown.

With only spending a day here I was becoming excited for the next stage in my life as i had a fabulous roommate and i would be able to become a journalist but still i felt t like something was missing. Most likely the boy who had been stuck to my side for the last month
♠ ♠ ♠
So i decided to update twice tonight because i couldn't sleep. Hope you enjoy. Please keep commenting it means alot. xx