Status: Active, but not updated often.

Growing Up

C h a p t e r 3 ;

The guys and I had decided to go out for dinner this evening; we had chosen a small diner in the middle of town, it wasn’t well known, but the food was delicious. As the waitress walked off after taking our orders, my eyes followed after her until they overlooked a table on the other side of the room. A middle-aged man was sat opposite a woman from what I could tell from the back of her head, it wasn’t until I looked a bit harder that I noticed it was Mr D’Arcy, Alexis’ dad. My breath caught in my throat when I realised that it was her that was sat opposite him. It had been years since she had up and left without a single word of goodbye or anything. I was completely distraught when I found out that she had left, I felt betrayed. I was her boyfriend for god’s sake.

“Dude, why so serious?” Pat laughed from beside me dragging me away from my thoughts.

“She’s back” I muttered.

“Who’s back?” John asked from his place beside Kenny.

“Alexis” I replied bluntly.

As soon as I mentioned her name, the guys all shared a union of ‘ooohs’.

“But how do you know she’s back, Gare?” Jared asked.

“She’s sat right over there with her dad” I sighed before pointing over to the booth where the pair was in deep conversation with each other.

The guys all turned to look in the direction in which I was pointing too.

“You know, Gare. You should definitely go over there and say hello” John proposed as he turned back into his seat.

“You’re joking, right?” I exclaimed. Was this guy being serious?

“Nope, I’m being deadly serious here. Do it for your benefit, go talk to her” he pushed, all the guys agreeing with him.

I sighed miserably, before dragging my hand down my face.

“Fine” I muttered, before getting up from my seat and head over to where the pair was sat.

My heart nearly stopped when Mr D’Arcy looked over Alexis’ shoulder at me, the look in his eyes scared me quite a bit. If looks could kill, I’d be six feet under. But I don’t understand why, so I shrugged it off before I slowly walked towards them. He muttered a few words to her, obviously about me as she turned her head and looked in my direction. I could see her piercing green eyes staring at me as I walked closer, a look of hurt and pain flashed through her eyes before she turned back to face her dad. Just as I was about to reach the table, she muttered a few words to her dad before she got up from the seat and pretty much ran towards the direction of the bathroom. I was confused. I got to the table, about to open my mouth but before I could mutter any words, Mr D’Arcy spoke.

“I suggest Nickelsen that you stay well away from my daughter. I don’t take much to those that break her heart, especially those who cheat on her” he sneered.

“Wh-what?” I asked flabbergasted. How did she find out? It was a mistake!

“Don’t act dumb with me, boy. She saw you with another girl, why else would she have up and left so quickly?” he spoke with irritation, his jaw tensed.

My throat felt dry, I had no idea what to say to him. I could feel the guys’ stares on my back, so I just simply nodded before turning away and walking back towards the guys. I could feel the colour drain from my face as I sat down, meeting the eager eyes of John, Kennedy, Jared and Pat. All expectant of answers of the questions they are dying to ask.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been months since i last update this. I feel like an idiot, because i had so much potential for this story! Eeek. I'm going to do my best to update more frequently now! So sorry guys, really i am! <3 Thanks for commenting;

Dan Flint; and h8 lyf

Please comment and subscribe!