Status: Active, but not updated often.

Growing Up

C h a p t e r 2 ;

My bedroom was exactly as I had left it, nothing had been touched nor had anyone entered. The soft peach walls that drew the sunlight to it each and everyday brightened the room, without the need of a light. It made the room comfortable and homely. On the walls hung a few canvas paintings of various landscapes, and cities- places of which I’d hope to see for myself one day. The large bed that had its place in the middle of the two windows that overlooked the neighbourhood, was covered by a floral duvet which added a small touch of detail that complimented the room well. I dropped my bumbag on the floor, before pulling back to the soft duvet and getting into the bed, not bothering to change out of my clothes. I made a mental note to myself to put the sheets through the wash tomorrow sometime, as I snuggled up into the blankets and closed my eyes.

I woke up to someone nudging my shoulder, I forced my eyes open and came face to face with Dad, a smile on his face.

“Wake up sleepyhead, we’re going for dinner”

“Mhm, okay. Give me ten minutes” I mumbled, letting my eyes fall closed again.

A soft chuckle came from my Dad,

“Same old, Princess. Thought you might of grown out of your sleepy stage, obviously not”

His footsteps led off out of the room, leaving me lying in my bed. My left arm placed over my eyes. I heaved a sigh, before dragging myself out of the bed. Noticing the sky outside had dimmed down, to faint orange glow. I smiled softly, before turning away from the window, where my suitcases were sat beside my bedroom door. Dad must have brought them up earlier, whilst I was sleeping.
Rummaging through both cases, I finally found a simple white lace dress that just come above my knee, I slipped on a pair of sandals and tied my long brown curly hair into a messy bun before I made my way down stairs. My Dad stood beside the front door, waiting patiently, whilst jingling his keys.

The small diner was quite this evening, soft music was being played from the old stereo in the corner of the room. There were only a few people sat at tables, and a group of guys no older than me sat in a booth not too far away from dad and I. We both ordered our food, and sat patiently. My dad broke the silence.

“I’m sure Garrett would want to know you’re back from England”

Garrett.

That name made my blood boil.

“Yeah…” I muttered.

“What’s up, Lexi? I thought you guys were dating?” he asked with confusion.

“We were, pops. But before I left for England, I found out that he had been seeing someone else. Obviously he didn’t know I found out, seeing as I was gone the day after” I sighed, not really wanting to talk about it, but I had to tell dad so he’d understand.

When I looked up from the table, meeting my father’s eyes he looked angry. Actually scratch that, he looked fuming.

“Calm down, dad. Seriously. I’m fine” Lie “I’ve got over it, it’s been years since then. He’s probably forgotten about me” I forced a laugh.

My dad’s face didn’t change, as his eyes were drawn past me.

“Forgotten about you? That’s why he’s walking over here right now?” he spoke through gritted teeth.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is actually the worst chapter i have ever written. I'm sorry for the late update ! I've been super duper busy with school stuff ! Thanks for commenting;

MorganLovesHalvo ! :D <3