Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

DON'T YOU DARE!

“No fries for you either?” the woman behind the counter asked me.

“No thanks! Just the burger.” I answered politely.

“Wow! Other than the guy that just ordered, you are the only person that hasn’t ordered French fries at Five Guys!” she said, shocked.

I smiled at her.

“$4.79” she told me. “And you two must be made for each other!” she winked, taking my money.

I walked down to the ‘pick-up’ area and stood waiting for my food to be made.

“No fries, huh?” I heard from next to me.

“No!” I answered, smiling as I turned to see the person.
“Me neither. Trying to get in shape—though I guess the burger isn’t helping very much.” He laughed, trying to make conversation.

“I wish I had that kind of control. I only had $5.00 on me.” I admitted, embarrassed.

“Do you want fries? I could give you money!” he asked, concerned.

“No! No! I’m fine!” I insisted.

He smiled at me, “I’m Brandon, by the way.”

“23 AND 24” a man yelled from behind the counter.

We both walked over to it, picking up our food.

“Katie” I said back, in return to his introduction.

“Would you like to join me?” he offered.

“Sure!” I accepted, “I am done with my shift at work for the day!”

We sat down and began to eat.

“So, where do you work?” He started to make small talk.

“I work in the Emergency Room at the On Site Hospital at UNC. I am taking classes there to become an Emergency Specialist Doctor.” I answered, “You?”

“I play for the Hurricanes— the hockey team.” He stated.

“I know.” I laughed, “I am a huge fan! I just didn’t want to seem rude and not ask you back.”

His eyed widened. “You fooled me! I seriously thought you we’re clueless. You played it well.” He joked.

“So let me guess, you’re a Bieb— Skinner fanatic?” He questioned.

“No and no. LaRose actually.” I explained.

“Oh, I just figured that since you were about 13, like Jeff, he would be your favorite player.” He stated.

“Uhmm, 18 and no.“ I fought back at him.

“Oh, cause I just texted him that I had a cute, young, girl for him and he said he was on his way down, but I guess I will just text him and tell him never mind…” he sarcastically said.

“DON’T YOU DARE!” I freaked out, causing a bit of a scene in the restaurant.

Brandon and I laughed with each other at the awkward looks we got.

“So, have you been to any games?” He started with the small talk again.

“I have been to one. I was actually going to another one tomorrow with some friends, but plans changed.”

“Well if you want a ticket… I have connections.” He winked.

“What’s this?” A voice behind me asked.

“Oh hey Jeff. What’s what? He asked confused.

“You text me there is someone you want me to meet and I come down here to find you winking at her…” he asked, seeming jokingly jealous.

“Hi, I’m Katie!” I introduced myself to him, trying to stop the awkward ‘fight’.

“Jeff. Hey!” he smiled at me.

Not just any smile. THAT smile. The famous Jeff Skinner smile that everyone talked about. I never understood why so many people went crazy over it, but now I knew.

Sorry Chad, you are now number two on my list.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys. I know this is not really long and not too good, but I am trying to come up with something. I actually have 9+ chapters done, but I have to edit and add other points of view to them. I'm hoping it will make the story better. Let me know what you think and I will try and post more tonight/tomorrow to see if it is easier to understand.
~ That was a lot--sorry (: ~
And if anyone that reads this would comment just to let me know that someone is reading this, I would love it. And if you read it and don't like it, just tell me. Whatever you guys think, I respect it.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :)