Status: Complete

Taken Away

They Can Struggle to Tear Us Apart

Alex and Zack stayed in Jack’s guest bedroom the rest of the night. Alex was deep in sleep curled into Zack’s side. He looked peaceful, a big difference from when Zack had come in the room earlier. Zack sighed and ran his fingers through Alex’s hair. It was dirty but he didn’t mind, touching Alex again, just being able to hold him felt amazing. It felt right. He knew he would never feel this way with anyone else. Hell, he knew he was way too young to know that yet but Alex was it for him.

Alex stirred in his sleep, mumbling something that Zack didn’t quite catch. He watched as Alex pushed himself away and rolled over to the other side of the bed. Zack sighed and turned to rub Alex’s back gently.

“Hmm Zack” Zack peered down at Alex only to see that he was still asleep. Zack had to smile at that, Alex had done a 180 on him. They had gone from completely not talking to laying in bed together, Alex having been snuggled up to his side for most of that time.

Zack looked up at a slight knock on the door and watched as Jack slowly opened it and peered around the frame.

“Hey…” Jack whispered looking somewhat uncomfortable.

“Hey? Come in.”

Jack slipped in the door and came to sit on the edge of the bed. He was staring at the carpet and looking anywhere but at Zack.

“What’s going on, Jack?”

“You’re going to hurt him, Zack, and you can’t do that.”

“What the fuck are you talking about?” Zack’s eyes widened as Jack held up his cell phone.

“You left it on the counter; it’s been going off for the past hour, all texts and calls from John.”

Zack was shaking his head. “I wouldn’t. I won’t do that to Alex.”

“And what exactly are you going to do about, John? I can tell you right now that Alex is not going to be okay that.”

Zack started down at Alex who was blissfully unaware to the conversation, still deep in sleep. He knew he was going to have to do something about John, though he really didn’t want to hurt John either. John was the one who put him back together after Alex had left him. Alex had broken his heart and John had put the tape on to try and mend it and now Zack had to break John’s heart.

“Zack?”

“I know, Jack! I know have to make a decision. I just… I don’t know…”

“What don’t you know?” Zack jumped when he heard Alex’s voice. He hadn’t realized that Alex had woken up.

“Zack? What don’t you know?” Alex coughed to clear his throat and moved to sit up. Zack squirmed at the question, he knew he should just be honest but that was going to hurt him and he had just told Jack he wouldn’t do that.

“I…umm…” Zack stuttered and shifted uncomfortably on the bed. Alex was already giving him a hurt look.

“Just tell me, I won’t be mad, Zack, I just want to know.” Jack was looking around the room and tapping his foot, something he did when he was nervous.

“I just…It’s about John.”

Alex nodded for him to keep going.

“I don’t know how I can do this to him.” Alex’s eyes narrowed in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

“I can’t hurt him, Alex. He was the one who was there for me all summer after you broke me. He was there for me and he means a lot to me. I just…I don’t know…I love you, Alex, but I care for him a lot too.”

Alex was just staring at Zack who was refusing to meet his gaze. He couldn’t really believe what he was hearing. Zack had lied to him last night; he didn’t really want to be with him.

“Alex, I… I just don’t know what to do.”

“Leave.”

Zack’s head shot up to gape at Alex but Alex wasn’t looking at him anymore. He was playing with the bedspread and looking anywhere but at Zack.

“…Alex...” Zack choked on his words but Alex was just shaking his head. Alex stood up from the bed and walked to the door.

“Jack, I’ll be in your room.” Zack broke down crying as Alex shut the door with a snap. He flinched when he felt Jack lay a hand on his shoulder.

“I just ruined everything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
op. Sorry this takes so long.

If I got some feedback that would be helpful.