Status: Complete

Taken Away

In My Heart

[Zack’s POV]
Zack stood quietly behind Jack and Rian, listening to them talk animatedly about Alex coming home. This had been Jack’s idea, waiting for Alex at the airport, waiting to see the fourth piece that completed their puzzle after he’d been gone all summer. Zack wasn’t too keen on the idea; honestly he was pissed off at Alex. They had everything going right, or so he thought, and in the span of 24 hours everything had changed and Alex was gone. He might have been a bit more understanding if Alex had told him himself but instead he’d heard it from his mother. The car accident and how Alex’s parents had taken him to England to be with family, they thought he needed to be away from things that would remind him of her. Alex hadn’t even called him. He hadn’t heard from Alex since the night before everything happened. He felt torn up about it.
Jack was suddenly bouncing up and down and grinning like the Cheshire cat which pulled Zack back to the present. He immediately spotted Alex’s parents, smiling and chatting to themselves as they walked in to the crowded lobby but it was Alex himself that caught his attention. The boy had dyed his hair black and let it grow long over the summer. He also looked half the size he was when he left, almost like he hadn’t eaten at all. His cheeks were hollow, he looked deathly pale, and there were dark circles under his eyes, it all showed that Alex had been suffering this summer but over who and what, Zack, wasn’t exactly sure. He watched as Alex’s mother tapped him and pointed toward the three of them. He saw Alex’s eyes widen a bit. He looked nervous, like maybe he thought they were upset with him. It made him nervous that he could no longer read Alex like he used to. His eyes met Alex’s as the boy stalled in front of the others. He seemed to be struggling to think of something to say but before anyone could get a word out Alex was running from them with his hand clutched to his stomach.
Alex’s parents came to a stop in front of them, his mother frowning in the direction Alex had just run.
“Poor thing, I don’t think he’s been feeling very well today.” His mother sighed but smiled slightly at the three boys “Maybe you guys should just come visit tomorrow.” Jack seemed to hesitate but Rian quickly to agreed, telling her to let Alex know they hoped he felt better and would be by to see him tomorrow. He pulled Jack by the arm as he waved back at the Gaskarths. Zack sighed in relief. He had one more day to gather up the courage to face Alex. What was he even going to say?
Jack and Rian waved as the dropped Zack off at home. Zack internally groaned but plastered a smile on his face when he saw the familiar figure sitting on his front steps.
“Hey babe.” John stood up and wrapped Zack in a hug. “Where have you been?” Zack just shrugged “Out to lunch with the guys, no big deal.” He had one more day so he shoved all thoughts of Alex aside and kissed John before pulling him into the house and closing the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So nobodies reading this but that's okay. :)