Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 16

Maybe the reason I didn't heal was because I listened to their music non stop. But it's so fucking good! I was listening to What About Today, the extremely illegally downloaded, extremely rare, extremely unreleased song that was amazing. Damn unreleased album. Damn person who stole/misplaced them. But if it was Billie by accident...No. Don't think about him.
School was going good and I was on my sixth day. Billie and Mom were still together, but she also knew something was up between me and Billie. Not that we kissed, but that we're not really friends.
The only one I was friends with was Mike. Tre and I were starting to talk again, but not as much as I'd like. Either way, I was so done dating rockstars. I couldn't help regret freaking out of them being engaged. If I didn't freak, Tre wouldn't have overreacted, and we'd still be together, meaning no Billie drama.
School let out and I drove home. All the guys were there. Billie was playing an acoustic guitar and Mike and Tre were playing cards. Mom came and greeted me.
"Hey, Jade."
"Hi."
Mom had a laundry basket in her hands. She shuffled off to the laundry room. I sat next to Tre. It feels weird being here, like it's a broken home. Billie pretty much lives here and we are currently not talking. Mom doesn't know anything about me anymore.
I'd been giving living with Serena more thought, but then pushing it away. She comes home drunk almost every night. Plus this house was huge. A big living room, big enough for a party, a spacious kitchen, three bedrooms, and three bathrooms. Not the mention the storage rooms in the basement that were pretty much empty besides the washer and dryer.
Tre put his arm over my shoulder and went back to playing cards. Billie groaned.
"Come on, Billie, take a break," Mike insisted.
"What are you working on," I asked.
He tossed me a notebook. "You're...gonna let me...read it?"
He nodded and hummed a few bars.
I hesitated, looking at him. In the end, I set it on the table.
Billie seemed irrated. "Aren't you going to read it?"
I shook my head. "I wanna be surprised."
"You changed."
I stood up. "What's that supposed to mean," I asked defensively.
"I know you know what I mean."
"No, I don't. Why don't you explain it?"
"Stop getting all defensive. You can take it as a compliment."
"Why?"
"You aren't an obsessive, annoying stalker anymore."
I glared at him. "What about you? The picture perfect idol? Yeah right. All I learned about you is you have no respect for anyone. That's why you kissed me. You don't care about my mom. You're selfish and pompous!"
"Don't pretend you had nothing to do with it," he growled.
"Calm down, guys," Mike said.
At this point, all four of us were standing. If Tre wasn't holding me, I would run at Billie and do anything I could to him.
"Billie?"
We turned to see my mom who was standing, looking shocked.
"You heard that?"
She nodded.
"Good," I said.
I ran up the stairs. I flung clothes into my duffel bag as fast as I could.
"And I leave behind this hurricane of fucking lies. I lost my faith to this. This town that don't exist. So I run. I run away to the light of masochists. And I leave behind this hurrican of fucking lies. And I walked this line a million and one fucking times, but not this time," I sang to myself as I packed.
I was leaving this place. Maybe I could convince Serena to come with me. I sure as hell wasn't staying in Oakland with her. I'm done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another favorite chapter! I like the really sad and really angry ones, I dunno why though. If you comment, I shall give you a cookie. Come on! Who doesn't like cookies!?
Billie: Some people don't. Maybe they don't like chocolate chips or oatmeal or peanutbutter. They could be allergic.
Me: Oh hush up you. I didn't ask your opinion.
Billie: *Facepalms. Gives cookie*
Me: *Huggles* Yay!