Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

You can use me up until it all runs out

“I can’t believe it actually took us six months to finally have a first date,” John said, as he pulled up outside my apartment building.

“I just wasn’t ready before,” I told him. “But this was a really great first date, thank you,” I smiled.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it,” he grinned.

“I kinda wish we’d done this sooner, you know,” I said. “Feels like we just wasted time until now.”

“Yeah but you know what it’s like with me on the road,” he sighed, reaching over and taking my hand.

“Yeah, I do,” I sighed.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes as I stared out of his truck and John kept hold of my hand whilst never taking his eyes off of me.

“So do you wanna do something again tomorrow?” he asked, breaking the short yet comfortable silence.

“Sure, I’d love to,” I smiled, turning to face him and meet his eyes.

“I’ll come pick you up around 2, alright?”

I nodded and leant over towards him, placing my lips to his cheek. “Thanks for the first date, O’Callaghan,” I laughed, before opening the door to get out.

“Hey Frazier,” he called as I was about to shut the car door. “Expect the unexpected.”

I looked at him confused, “what’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’ll see,” he winked, as I shut the door and walked up to the building as he drove off.

Once I got inside my apartment, a smile grew across my face as I thought about how great John really was.

“Well, someone looks happy with herself,” Holly commented, seeing me stood inside the door. “Take it the date went well?”

“Oh it was amazing!” I grinned, throwing m body down on the couch next to her.

“I would assume so, since it’s gone midnight and you left the house around six hours ago,” she laughed. “So come on, details.”

“Well he took me to a bar first, where we had a couple of drinks, I think he was just trying to get me drunk, but it didn’t work. We were there for about an hour, just laughing and talking about stupid things. Then we moved on to a Mexican restaurant where he’d made reservations for us and we stayed there for a while, just eating and talking.”

“Please tell me he paid.”

“Of course he fucking paid!” I told her. “I was actually really nice because I’m not usually into the whole cliche of dinner dates, but it was easy to keep the conversation going with John and that’s kinda what I’ve always liked about him.”

“So what;s going on with you two now? Are you guys official or what?”

“I have no idea” I sighed. “I’m seeing him again tomorrow though.”

“Nice. What are you doing?”

“I don’t know, but the last thing he said to me tonight was ‘expect the unexpected.”

“Ever the suspicious one, isn’t he?” she sighed as I agreed and got up to go to my bedroom. I’d had a long night and couldn’t wait to climb into bed. Before I did though, I pulled out my phone to send a quick text.

To: John
Hey, thanks again for tonight, it was really fun. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! x

I got changed into my pajamas and as I got under the covers, my phone vibrated.

From: John
It was my pleasure. Oh and dress nice tomorrow! :) x

I woke up around midday and immediately got up and showered, before throwing some shorts and a t shirt before trying to decided what to wear to see John later. I didn’t know what he meant by ‘dress nice’, so I settled on a pink and white dress and nude heels and hoped it would be appropriate.

After doing my hair and makeup, it was just before 2pm, so I waited for John to arrive in the living room with Holly and Kirsten. About 10 minutes later, the door buzzed and John was waiting for me.

“Wow, you look...WOW!” he said, once setting his eyes on me.

“Well, you did say dress nice, I hope this is about right,” I smiled.

“You look perfect,” he said, leaning in and kissing my lips. As he stood back, I looked him up and down and saw he was wearing a nice white dress shirt with a black tie and smart dark skinny jeans.

“So you gonna tell me where we’re going or do I have to guess?” I asked once we were in his truck and driving down the road.

“You can try and guess, but you’ll never get it,” he laughed softly.

“Oh come on, that’s not fair!”

“OK, OK, so we’re going somewhere you’ve almost certainly never been before and we’re seeing people you probably don’t know,” he said, smirking.

“John, what the fuck are you talking about?” I asked, still completely clueless about where he was taking me.

“Just...wait, OK?”

We drove for a while longer, before he pulled up outside a big house. He got out of the car and came round to my side, holding my hand and helping me out of the truck in my heels. As I stood next to him, I was nearly the same height thanks to my shoes. He kept hold of my hand as we walked up the driveway and to the side of the house to let us in to the back yard. As we walked through, I saw the yard was filled with people who all turned and started saying hello to John. At that moment, I realised where he brought me.

I turned to him as nerves took over my body, which he must have sensed as his grip on my hand tightened.

“You brought me to meet your family?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits!

So things are finally looking kinda good for these two!

I've been struggling to write for this story for the past couple of weeks and I'm not entirely happy with this one to be honest. It's just a filler kinda chapter to get us ready for the next few chapters, which I am slightly happier with!

Hope you enjoyed this one!