Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

you can break me down

“OK, so I thought these for the top table place settings,” Mia said, showing John and I some teal flower arrangements. “And then maybe these for the guest place settings,” she said, showing us two other arrangements.

John and I had hired Mia as our wedding planner a couple of weeks ago. With John either on the road or recording a new album with the band for pretty much the rest of this year, I couldn’t do all the wedding plans on my own. Whilst John was home for a couple of weeks before going to continue work on The Maine’s third album, we decided to fit in as many meeting with Mia as possible. I could tell John was trying to show interest but I knew deep down that he didn’t care about what flowers we had on the tables.

Once our time with Mia was up and it was just us in the house again, John was back in what had become his ‘den’. or rather where I would find him strumming away on a guitar, sitting at his piano or singing to himself for hours on end.

“So, honestly, what did you think?” I asked, leaning against the door frame.

“About?” he asked, still playing his guitar.

“Any of it,” I sighed. “You were very quiet today.”

“Yeah, you picked out some great stuff,” he said, his voice very monotone.

“What is it, John?” I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

“SHE WANTS 80 FLOWER PLACE SETTINGS!” he said, raising his voice and putting his guitar down.

“What do you mean, ‘she’?”

“You can’t honestly tell me you want those sat in front of everyone at our reception?” he asked.

“And what would you have?” I asked.

“One, two, maybe three at the most, per table. But every single fucking person?” he said, getting up from his stool and walking towards me. “Is that really necessary?” he asked, walking past me out of his room.

“I just want our day to be perfect,” I told him.

“You know what would be perfect? Less fuss,” he spat at me.

“So what would suggest?” I asked, moving my hands to my hips.

“How about we don’t have an 80 person reception?” he yelled. “I can’t even think that we know that many people, let alone have that many people at our wedding!”

“When we drew up a proposal for a guestlist, you agreed that amount, John,” I told him, calmly.

“So I changed my mind. I’m still allowed to do that, right?” he asked, before running down the stairs.

“Yes, but maybe you’d like to be the one that tells Mia that,” I said, following his footsteps.

“I know we brought her in to make this easier for both of us, but I can’t help but fell like she’s making this the wedding she wants it to be, not our wedding,” he said, bringing his voice back to normal.

“She has a lot of great ideas,” I reasoned.

“I know, I know she does,” he said. “I’m just saying that maybe they aren’t all prefect for our day.”

“And what would you like, O’Callaghan?” I asked, stepping in front of him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

“If I had my way?” he asked, looking down and raising his eyebrows at me. “I’d whisk you off to Vegas, just me and you and just simply get married.”

It was now my turn to raise my eyebrows at him and say, “Really?”

“Yeah but I know you’d hate it, so I wouldn’t entertain the idea,” he half smiled.

“I have a feeling Holly would love it though,” I smiled back. John looked at me confused before I shook my head. “Never mind.”

“I’m sorry, I just blew up,” John said quietly.

“It’s alright.”

“No, it’s not,” he said. “It’s just with doing the album ourselves and thinking about the next tour and the wedding as well, it’s a lot for me to think about.”

“I know baby, I know,” I said. “From now, I’ll ease off with the wedding plans. Just know, it’ll be perfect,” I told him, kissing his lips. “Guess I’d better tell Mia we don’t need all those flowers then.”

John laughed as he pressed his forehead against mine, “I really love you, you know that?”

“Yeah, but it’s always nice to hear it,” I laughed softly.

Apparently, weddings could send even the best of us crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Just a quick update, hope you like it.