Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

baby, don't

August 2012

As our wedding day loomed closer, I still felt like there was so much we had to do yet. With less than three months to go, I was beginning to panic.

“What are you doing now?” John asked, walking in the kitchen to find me sat at the table with papers spread everywhere.

“Do you realize how much we still have to organize?” I asked, the frustration in my voice very clear.

“Baby, stop stressing. It’ll all work out on the day,” he said, standing behind me and rubbing my shoulders.

“Will it? Because we got rid of Mia because she was coming up with ridiculous ideas but now she’s gone, I feel like we’ve fallen behind with things.”

“OK, so what do you need to do?”

“I need to make sure the menu’s are sorted to go out in the invitations as soon as possible. Then I’ve got to schedule another dress fitting and buy my underwear.”

“I can help you with that last one,” John laughed.

I flashed him a look telling him I wasn’t in the mood for jokes, which he understood straight away. “And we still need to buy our rings,” I said.

“Well that we can do tomorrow. Menu’s we can sort in the next couple of days,” he said, sitting down next to me. “And seriously, Han, anything I can do to take the stress off you, tell me,” he began picking up some of the papers from the table. “What’s this?”

“That’s our invitation.”

“Why haven’t I seen this before?”

“You have,” I told him. “You actually picked that as the final design.”

“I’ve obviously got good taste,” he laughed. “Anyways, you need to get ready, everyone will be here soon otherwise.”

We had invited our closest friends and family over for a barbecue for John’s birthday and as a pre wedding party. I went and got changed as John put started up the barbecue and made sure the fridge was stocked up.

Soon enough, guests started to arrive, first up was John’s parents.

“Hi sweetie,” I heard his mother say as he went to greet them at the door. “Happy birthday!”

“Happy birthday, son,” his dad said after.

“Where are the brats?” I heard John say.

“John don’t talk about your brothers that way,” his mother said, as I walked out to the backyard with some more food.

I walked around making sure that everything was set out and perfect in the garden and I looked up to see John’s parents walking out.

“There’s my future daughter in law!” his mom called.

“Hi Jenny,” I said, walking to meet them both and hugging them.

“I see my son has left all the work to you now, do you need any help?” she smiled.

“No, I think I’ve got it,” I said. “Just take a seat, can I get you a drink?”

“I’d love a beer,” Jay said.

“I’ll have a glass of white wine, thank you sweetie,” Jenny nodded.

I walked back in the house and heard John talking to some more people at the door and within half an hour, our house was filled with around 30 of our friends and family.

“Well don’t you look cute playing the part of wifey,” Holly laughed as I sat down with her, Tessa and Summer on the decking outside.

“And don’t you look all grown up with your new brown hair?” I asked back.

“I thought it was about time for a change,” she smiled, running her hand through her freshly dyed hair.

Sitting here, I realised how truly lucky I was to have such great friends and family. I looked over towards the pool where my mom, John’s mom, my aunt Jackie and John’s aunt Rose were sat dipping their legs into the water all laughing and joking together. I looked left and saw John’s brother Shane and my cousins Joshua and Dylan were kicking a ball around.

“What are you thinking about?” Holly asked.

“Just how perfectly we all fit together.”

“It is a good life,” Tessa sighed, leaning back into her sun lounger.

After a while of sitting with the girls, I went inside to find John. Walking in the kitchen, I found Eric, Garrett, Justin, Ross and a few others stood around the table playing beer pong.

“Hey have you seen John?” I asked Eric.

“Yeah, I think he’s upstairs,” he nodded.

As I made my way towards John’s den, I could already hear the laughter coming from within. Standing in the doorway, I watched as John. Jared, Kennedy and a couple of others sat around passing a guitar back and forth whilst taking sips of their beers. I stood watching them for a few minutes before walking into the room.

“Sorry to interrupt boys, do you mind if I speak to fiance?” I asked, as everyone except John left the room. “You gonna hide out in here all afternoon?” I asked him as I walked over, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind where he was sat.

“I just hate being around everyone wishing me happy birthday and asking questions about the wedding,” he said.

“Aw sweetie, that’s what people do when it’s your birthday,” I laughed, standing back up straight. “Come on, there’s plenty of drinks downstairs, just get a couple more down you and by that time our families will be gone and you can continue to hang out with the guys.”

“Is that how it’s going to be once we’re married? You being the responsible and reasonable one?” he asked, getting up and making his way out of the room with me.

“Babe, that’s how it’s always been,” I told him.

“Great, you guys are back!” Holly said excitedly, once we reached downstairs. “Come on, we’re doing girls versus boys!”

“Girl versus boys what?” John asked as we followed her outside. “Football? Seriously? Oh man, we’re totally gonna beat you girls!” he said, walking over to the other side of our yard.

“But I’m wearing a dress!” I said, standing next to Summer.

“Suck it up, sister,” she said. I kicked off my shoes, ready to play.

We ran about the yard for a while, with John, his brothers, Eric, Kennedy Justin and Joshua and Dylan playing for the boys. The girls team was made up of me, Holly, Summer, Tessa, my other college friends Kirsten and Sara and John’s cousin’s Joy and Rachel.

John currently had the ball and I ran straight at him. I stopped just in front of him and raised my eyebrows at him.

“GIve me the ball or no birthday sex for you tonight,” I smiled. He sighed and shook his head in defeat before holding the ball out to me.

“YES!” I laughed, running away from him.

“JOHN!” I heard a couple of guys shout.

“Hey, my girl doesn’t joke around when it comes to sex,” he said in defense.

“Good to know, man,” Kennedy said.

A few hours later, once all our friends and family had left and our fridge had been drank dry, it was just me and John left clear up. I was picking up a few empty red cups and beer bottles whilst John wasn’t really being any help. I pulled one of the pink stargazer flowers out of the decorations we’d hung up as I went along and placed it behind my ear.

“Everyone had a great time today,” John said, placing his arms around my shoulder. “I have my fiance to thank for organizing all of this.”

“I have you to thank for a great life,” I smiled, as he kissed my cheek. “I used to dream of one day having days like this, even recently, like those last couple of weeks you were on tour. This was all I dreamt of.”

“It’s more than I dreamed,” he said, letting me go.

“So how about that birthday sex?” I asked with a wink.

“I thought you’d never ask!” he grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So a big time jump in from the last chapter, a year in fact. Just two more chapters until the wedding now! Hope you like this one! :)