Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

you can rough me up

September 2012

“So, day before the wedding, you nervous?” my mom asked, as I sat in the salon chair.

“No,” I smiled. “I love John, what is there to be nervous about?”

With only a day to go until the biggest day of my life, last minute preparations were on high on my list of things to do. Right now I was having a manicure and pedicure with my mom, sister and best friend. Also on my list was to pick up mine and my bridesmaids dresses, drop off all the suits at John’s parents house, where he would be getting ready and then attend the rehearsal.

“I can’t believe you’re marrying John tomorrow,” Holly said, as she got her nails painted in the chair next to me.

“Me neither after the bachelorette party,” I laughed.

“You enjoyed it didn’t you?”

“Of course, I enjoyed it, I just wish I remembered it,” I told her. “However I believe my mother had fun during the pole dancing lesson.”

“Damn right,” my mom joined in as we laughed. “It’s done wonders for me and your father.”

“Ew, both daughters here,” Summer said.

Once we were done, I finished everything that I needed to do before tomorrow and headed back home and got ready for the rehearsal dinner.

As I drove back home, the radio was playing in my car and I turned up the volume as I started to enjoy the song currently being played. It wasn’t until I turned it up that it made me really hear the words.

He thinks of his mother
He thinks of his bride-to-be
He thinks of his father
His two younger brothers
Gathered around the wide screen TV
He looks to the left
He looks to the right
And there in a golden ray of light
Is his open man
Just as he planned
The whole world is his tonight


It was almost as if John had written the song and was singing back at me. But it wasn’t John singing and it wasn’t John’s song. From hearing that song though, I knew I was ready for the next 24 hours.

“So your last night of actual freedom and you’re spending it with me?” John said as he drove to the restaurant once we were ready.

“I might be spending it with you, but I’m not going home with you,” I winked at him.

“Hey!” he smirked. “As of tomorrow, you’re all mine for the rest of our lives,” he said as he pulled into a parking space.

Walking into the restaurant, we greeted our guests as they arrived before taking our own seats. We’d chosen to keep the rehearsal dinner small, just us, our parents, his brothers, my sister and Holly and Eric, as they were Maid of Honor and Best Man. We all laughed and chatted as we ate. Eric had grown up with John’s family as much as Holly as grown up with mine.

“OK, OK,” John said, taping his glass to get everyone’s attention. “So I’m not going to stand up for this and I’m not going to be long, I just wanted to say a few words ahead of tomorrow,” he began. “I want to thank all of you here tonight. It’s because of you that myself and Hannah are here today, together. Mr and Mrs Frazier, it my pleasure to have your daughter in my life and thank you for welcoming me into you family. Mom, Dad, I’m glad you raised me the way you did, to be a gentleman. To the rest of you, well, I guess you guys are alright!” he laughed. “And finally, to my wonderful fiancee, my bride-to-be, Hannah. I love you more than words could say and I cannot wait to make you my wife tomorrow.”

He finished talking and leaned in to kiss my lips. As we pulled away, I smiled and said “Thank you,” quietly.

John’s dad said a few words, as did mine and before long, the night was over and John and I were about to head our separate ways for the night.

I smiled as I walked over to John while Holly waited in her car with Summer.

“Hey you!” I called as I got closer, causing John to turn and face me. “You busy tomorrow?” I joked.

“You know, I’m sure I’ve got something important to do,” he smirked. “Oh yeah that’s it, get married.”

“Really?” I asked, half smiling. “Who is she?”

“Oh, just this girl I’m completely in love with,” he laughed. “I’ll see you tomorrow, OK?” he said, his tone turning more serious as he pulled me closer to him.

“Hmm,” I said, cuddling into his chest. “What’s with this stupid tradition that I can’t spend tonight with you?”

“It’s just one night.”

“Urgh, alright. 1 o’clock sharp,” I smiled, kissing his lips.

“Can’t wait, Miss Frazier,” he said as we pulled apart.

“That’s probably the last time I’ll be called that.”

“I know, that’s why I want it to be me that said it,” he nodded.

Once we finally said goodbye, I got in the front of Holly’s car. The three of us went back to mine, where we curled up on the couch and watched 27 Dresses, which we all decided had to be watched tonight. After the film was over, it was around 11pm, and I knew I needed an early night. There was just one more thing I wanted to do before I went to bed.

“Alright, so me and John got some small presents for our wedding party and we didn’t want to give them out earlier because we wanted them to be more personal,” I said, walking over to the drawers and pulling out two small boxes. “These are for you, just a little thank you for being involved in our day and for all your help,” I said, handing a box to each of them.

“Oh Hannah, this is so pretty, thank you,” Holly said as she pulled the necklace out.

John and I had decided on jewelry for the female wedding party members and I’d picked out necklaces for Holly and Summer, each with their initial hanging from the chain.

“Thank you, Han, I love it,” Summer said.

“I’m gonna head to bed and get some sleep,” I told them. “Or at least try!”

“Good night Mrs O’Callaghan,” Summer called as I left the room.

“Not yet I’m not,” I laughed, leaning back around the door frame.

Just a few more hours and my life would change. I was nervous, just excited. I wanted John for the rest of my life as my husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits

So, next chapter is the wedding! :) It's also a long chapter! I'm excited to post it though! Hopefully it'll be up sometime between Wednesday and next Sunday!

Hope you enjoy this update!