Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

baby don't stop now

April 2013

Holly and Eric had asked us over for a barbecue tonight, which we of course accepted. They had moved in together just over a year ago and were now living just a couple of streets away from us which was great since they were our closest friends. They had invited a few others as well so I was looking forward to hanging out with them.

Once I was ready, John and I made the short drive to our friend’s and noticed there were already a few cars here.

“They’ve known us long enough now, they should expect us to be late,” John commented as we walked to the door, as if reading my mind.

“Hey guys,” Eric said, opening the door to let us in. Walking through to their backyard, I could see that it was the usual crowd who were were here. John’s bandmates, Eric’s bandmates, their old school friends, mine and Holly’s college friends, a few other girlfriends, amongst others.

“HI!” Holly said, running up to me with a huge grin across her face.

“Hello, mad woman,” I said, as she threw her arms around me. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine! You’ll find out why in a minute,” she winked before walking away.

“There’s something very strange going on,” I said, as me and John walked further into the backyard.

“I know what you mean,” he nodded, as we took at seat at one of the tables laid out. We were sat with Garrett and Kennedy who been here a while apparently. “Hey guys, does Halvo seem weird to you?”

“Today or in general?” Kennedy asked. “Because if you mean today, then yes. And if you mean in general, then I’d still say yeah.”

“OK, but Holly too, she’s up to something,” I said.

“Yeah but they’re both a bit out there, that’s why they’re so great together,” Garrett commented. “I guess we’re about to find out though.”

“Hey guys!” Eric shouted, trying to get everyone’s attention. “OK, so Holly and I didn’t just invite you guys here for a barbecue today,” he began. “We also have some pretty big news to tell you. So Holly and I have been dating for two and a half years now and I’m happy to tell you all that-”

“WE’RE ENGAGED!” Holly shouted, interrupting.

“Holy fuck.”
“Oh. God.”
“I did not expect that,” John, Garrett and I all said, at the same time.

“You’re all our closest friends, so we just wanted to tell you here all together,” Eric continued. “So now, I’ll let you all eat food and get drunk.”

As I turned to John, I saw him sat smiling at me.

“O’Callaghan, why on earth do you have that stupid grin slapped across your face?” I asked.

“Two reasons. Firstly, who would have thought that house party at Gomez’s house nearly 5 years ago would eventually lead to two couples getting married?” he said. “Secondly, when me and Halvo were younger, I’m talking like 10 or 11 years old, we used to say how if we ever got married, we’d want the girls to be best friends like we were so we could all do things together.”

“Well looks like those two little boys had their wishes come true,” I smiled, leaning in to kiss John’s lips.

“Hey, can we borrow you two for a minute?” Holly asked. We nodded and they led us into the house and through to the living room.

“Before you say anything, I just want to say congratulations to you both,” John said.

“Yeah I’m so happy for you two,” I smiled.

“Thanks guys,” Holly said. “So we’ve brought you in here for a reason, and it’s because we need to ask you something.”

“John we’ve been best friends for a long time, so I couldn’t see myself getting married without you as my best man,” Eric said.

“And Hannah, we’ve both dreamed of this day for years and we always said it, but I would really love it if you would be my maid of honor,” Holly then directed at me.

“Now, we want you to know we’re not just asking because we were your best man and maid of honor, we just couldn’t imagine our wedding with you guys stood up there with us,” Eric continued again. “So will you do it?”

“Of course!” John and I said at the same time. We all got up and hugged each other, as me and Holly shed a few tears.

“Should we tell them now?” I turned and asked John.

“It’s up to you,” he smiled.

“Tell us what? What are you two up to?”

“I’m pregnant,” I told them. “We’re going to be parents.”

“What?! Hannah, that’s amazing!” Holly squealed.

“Ssh, we’re not telling anyone else yet,” I said. “And we certainly don’t want to ruin today for you guys.”

“But this is so great!” she smiled.

“Yeah, congrats you two!” Eric said, hugging John.

“This is great, I’m so happy!” Holly said, getting excited. “You’re gonna be a mom!”

“I know, and you’re going to a be wife!” I laughed. “We’re growing up, Hol!”

“Aw, and I always wanted a little girl as a bridesmaid!” she said getting excited.

“My baby probably won’t even be walking by the time you get married,” I said. “And it might not even be a girl, it could be another John.”

“Lord help us if it is!” Eric laughed, earning a smack to the back of his head from John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

:)

Can't believe there's only 4 chapters left of this story to go! This is definitely my favourite story that I have, so it'll be sad when it's over.

Also, I seem to have gained quite a few new readers/subscribers recently, so thank you to you for checking it out, and thanks to all the old readers for sticking around