Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

you can use me up until it all runs out

“What do you think John’s going to say when he gets back?” Summer asked.

“I have no idea. He’ll be happy though, I hope,” I said.

“We’ll see about that!” she laughed.

It was the end of October and Summer and I were sat in my living having a night in. We’d dug out a Friends DVD box set and were having a catch up. John had been on the road for two weeks and I was running out of friends and family members to spend time with whilst he wasn’t here.

“So, little sis, I haven’t really seen you since the wedding, what’s new with you?” I asked.

“Erm, not a lot really, me and a few friends from college are looking at getting a house together now we’re all graduated,” she told me.

“Sum, you graduated five months ago,” I stated.

“I know, but better late than never, right?” she laughed.

“What did mom and dad say about it?”

“Dad’s fine with it. I think mom’s a bit more upset though,” she said. “Dad started talking about filling up the house again after that.”

“Ew, what is it with those two?”

“I know, right,” she commented. “So, there’s something else I’ve been meaning to tell you...” she began.

“Summer, spit it out,” I told her. “You know, I hate it when people start rambling so don’t bother starting!”

“Alright,” she said quietly. “So I met someone...”

“A BOY?!” I asked, becoming far more interested in the conversation with my sister.

“Yes, a boy! Now, are you going to let me finish?” she asked, looking at me expectantly. I nodded my head and pretended to zip my mouth shut. “Thank you,” she sighed. “As i was saying, I met a boy, I met him at your wedding actually. We’ve only been on a bunch a dates so far but I’m really beginning to like him.”

“Aw, I miss the excitement of the first dates and having a new boy to occupy your every thought,” i said,

“Don’t you get that with John anymore?”

“Of course I do, but it’s not the same as when you start dating a guy,” I told her. “So, you going to tell me who this guy is? You said you met him at the wedding so I obviously know him.”

“Yeah, you do know him,” she smiled. “It’s Joel.”

“Joel? As in Kanitz?” I asked, to which she nodded. “Aw, check you out, sis! He’s a babe!”

“Well, I like to think so,” she smiled wider. “So, you’re OK with it?”

“Of course I am! Why wouldn’t I be?”

“O don’ know, just that he’s friends with you and John and I didn’t want you to feel weird about it.”

“I’m happy for you, Sum, and I know John will be too. It’s about time you found yourself a decent guy,” I told her. “Just beware of those musicians,” I added with a wink.

----------

Three weeks later

“HANNAH? Hello?” I heard John call.

“Hey husband,” I smiled, walking out of the kitchen to meet him in the hallway.

“Hi wifey,” he smiled back, putting down his last bag and shutting the front door. “I’ve missed you,” he sad, pulling me in for a hug.

“I missed you too,” I said into his chest. “I’m glad you’re back.”

“Me too, I can’t wait to just relax and chill out with you for a few days and then enjoy Thanksgiving with our families.”

“Sounds good, O’Callaghan,” I smiled. “Got room for one more in those plans?”

“What do you mean?” he asked, sounding and looking confused.

“Well, since we got married, there’s only really one thing missing from our lives at the moment,” I said.

“Hannah, are you...?” he began, looking at me questioningly.

I ignored his question and got up and walked over to the door to our dining room that we rarely used.

“I want you to meet someone,” I smiled, before opening the door and walking in the room. I bent down and picked him up before walking back out to John.

“Oh my god, you got a dog!?” he said, excitedly.

“We got a dog!” I grinned back.

“Hi there, little guy,” he said, ruffling his hand through the black and white shih tzu puppy in my arms.

“This is Marius,” I said, holding the puppy’s paw and making it ‘wave’ at John. “That is, if you like the name.”

“You named him after a Les Miserables character, didn’t you?” he asked with a smile.

“Yeah, is that alright?”

“Of course, it’s perfect,” he said, continuing to run his hand through the dog’s fur.

“I’m glad you think so. I had a few names in mind but I settled on that one because it’s special or at least he book is to me after the first time I met you,” I said, looking up into his eyes.

“I know, I remember.” he smiled back at me. “I still remember the look on your face when I joked that you were reading Twilight. How wrong I was,” he said, leaning in and kissing my lips.

I put Marius on the floor and let him run around between our legs, as I wrapped my arms around John’s neck.

“So, husband, how long do I get you for?” I asked, hold him close as Marius ran off towards the kitchen.

“As long as you want me,” he grinned. He kissed my lips with force, wrapping his own arms around my waist and we deepened the kiss. John pushed me against the wall, releasing his arms and letting his hands find their way under my top. “God, I missed you,” he breathed against my neck. My hands then moved to his hair as his arm grabbed my leg and pulled it up and his hips pushed against mine. His mouth moved from my neck to my jawline and back to my lips.

We were completely engrossed in each other as Marius came running back into the hallway and started letting out a few puppy barks.

“Ssh, Marius,” I groaned, as John kept his grip on me. Our puppy continued barking as our lips met again and I felt John’s lips turn into a smile against mine.

“I get the feeling our new friend doesn’t like me very much,” John commented, separating our bodies.

“I think he’s become a bit protective of me over the past couple of weeks,” I told John as I bent down and picked Marius back up. “It has just been me and him, hasn’t it, little guy?” I said, snuggling with the puppy as he licked my cheek.

“Looks like I’ve got some competition,” John said. “He’s like my own personal cockblocker.”

“Come on, John,” I said, walking into the living room with Marius. “Come play.”

We sat on the floor in the living room, continuing to make a fuss of Marius as he ran about. John and I sat side by side, leaning against the sofa and I rested my head on his shoulder.

“John, when I was about to tell you about my surprise, you said ‘are you?’,” I began. “Did you think I was going to tell you I was pregnant?”

“Er, yeah, actually,” he said, quietly.

“So, were you relieved it was a dog?”

“Yeah, kind of,” he sighed. “But I was also kind of disappointed.”

“Disappointed? Why?” I asked, lifting my head to look at him.

“I had this dream one night on the road and it was you and me and we had a baby and it was OK,” he said, with a small smile. “We had this child, our child, and everything felt right and we were both so happy. The dream has been playing on my mind since.”

“Really?” I smiled at him. “So you would have been OK with it?”

“I think so,” he nodded.

“John O’Callaghan, I think this could also be called ‘growing up’,” I laughed.

“Are you trying to quote my own lyrics to me?”

“Actually I was trying to quote Blink 182, but whatever,” I laughed.

“Shame, if it was me, it actually kinda turned me on,” he laughed back, as I jokingly hit his chest.

“Get hi, Marius,” I teased. “He’s being mean to me!”

“Oh, I don’t think so,” John said, grabbing my waist and pulling me on top of him. “He can’t help you now,” he breathed, holding me to him and kissing my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits

This is Marius.

So Hannah's sister is dating Joel Kanitz and Hannah and John got a dog! Quite an eventful chapter!

I've been thinking about writing a Joel story for a while now and I'm still debating it. We'll see ;) Maybe after I'm done with this one.

Hope you like this one!