Hum Hallelujah

William Beckett.

"Well?" Patrick said, glaring at us both.
"Sweetie nothing happened I swear. I even have the shirt you can check if you want!" Emily said moving to his side.
"Get away from me. Do you really think I'm that stupid? Why wouldn't you just put juice on it for an excuse?" he spat.
"Why wouldn't I just come back out in my own clothes if I had slept with him to avoid being caught?!" she said back.
Emily was extremely calm. I on the other hand was a cross between speechless and ready to rip his head off. I didn't like the girl. I was only being nice to her cause she was his girlfriend. Why would I sleep with her?!
"Look Patrick I think you need to calm down. Honestly mate nothing happened I swear." I tried to say as calmly as possible.
"Don't call me you're mate! You took the one thing that means something to me! You're supposed to be helping!!!" he screamed.
Joe grabbed his arm, just incase, and looked at him with concern.
"Honestly Patrick I think you're looking at this all wrong. Why would Pete sleep with your girlfriend? He's not like that." he tried to say but Patrick just glared at him.
"You're on his side?!" he yelled.
Emily flinched and looked at the ground. I couldn't stand this any longer. It wasn't fair.
"Look Patrick you're like a brother to me! I came from my house all the way down here because I was worried you were in danger and I couldn't stand to see you hurt. So after all of that why would I steal your girl?" I said looking at him with pure honesty in my eyes.
I was practically begging him to forgive me for something I hadn't done and I could see the moment click when he realised that he was wrong.
"Oh my god Pete. I'm so sorry. I just thought..." he trailed off almost crying.
I pulled him into a hug.
"I know Pat. I know. It's alright."
I looked at the rest of the guys then noticed Brendon wasn't here. Which is never a good sign.
"Where's Urie?" I asked Andy who was currently struggling with bags.
"He went hunting. Said he would be back soon. Don't worry." Andy replied smiling as Emily removed some bags from his posession.
"Do you know when?"
"He said he'd be about half and hour about twenty minutes ago. So he'll not be long. Stop worrying." Andy laughed.
We headed into the kitchen and started tidying things away. We were nearly half way through when there was a knock at the door. I went to answer it and there stood Brendon... with someone else.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hi Pete. This is William. I met him when I was hunting. He's a vampire too!" Brendon said cheerfully and made his wayinside.
William wore a brown pin-stripe suit with a bowler hat and a shawl made of white fur draped over his shoulders. He smiled. It was awful. He had brown eyes that seemed to peer straight into your soul and long brown hair that curled slightly. All in all I didn't like him.
"Hello. I do believe we haven't been properly introduced." William said grinning slightly.
"Peter Wentz but just call me Pete." I said sticking out my hand.
"William Beckett. But I'm called by either name. Nice to mete you Pete." he replied taking my hand and shaking it firmly.
My eyes widened and I took my hand away as soon as possible. Emily popped her head round the door frame.
"Pete shut the door you're letting all the heat out." she complained.
"We don't pay to heat the street you know... Oh crap." she finished looking at William.She quickly disappeared back into the kitchen and I could hear mumbling.
I turned back to William.
"Thanks for bring Brendon home. Erm I guess we will see you again?" I asked hoping he'd say no.
"No problem my friend. And I'm sure we will be seeing each other again very soon. Goodnight Peter." he said and turned to leave.
"It's just Pete!" I called to his back like a complete moron and shut the door. Quickly locking up I ran into the kitchen to find everyone surrounding Brendon who was looking seriously confused.
"What's going off?" he asked.
"How do you know William Beckett?!" Joe demanded.
"I met him in the street. I was struggling with this bloke and he came down and helped. Shocked me a bit really." Brendon replied a little less calm then before.
"I thought I told you to stay off of those streets?!" Andy yelled at him.
"I didn't go on those streets honest. Why? What's the big deal?!"
"William Beckett. That's the big deal! He's the one trying to kill us!" Patrick said.
"If you didn't go down the streets where did you meet him?" Andy asked.
"I was on the street joining this one." Brendon replied pointing to the list.
"Aww crap they're getting closer." Andy said running to the map and drawing a line.
"Look the main thing is why was he here?" Patrick asked leaning further towards Brendon than he liked.
"All he wanted was to walk me home. He said there were some dangerous people about. Some hunters out to kill us vampires and he wanted to make sure I got home safe."
"Did you tell him about us?!" Joe demanded.
"What is this twenty questions?! Give him some space." I stepped in. Brendon was either gonna flip or bite someone. Either one wouldn't be good.
"Of course I didn't. But he offered me the chance to join his group. The Dandies. We get to wear cool suits and everything!" he seemed too excited about this. Like he was actually considering it.
"Please tell me you said no?" I pleaded.
"I said I'd think about it. He said you could join too if you wanted Pete." he grinned at me like this was something amazing.
"Brendon we can't. He's out to kill these lot. We can't join the "darkside"." I tried to explain as softly as I could.
"Why not? Pete it'd be fun. We could kill what we want. And finally we would be a part of something! We wouldn't have to hide what we are. Imagine how amazing that would be Pete. We could finally be us." he seemed like a child. It was really quite sad.
"I can't Brendon. I can't turn against my best friends. I'm sorry." I mumbled looking at the ground.
"But... I'm your best friend aren't I? We've been through it all Pete. You can't give up on that now." he sounded hurt.
I felt a lump rise in my throat and suddenly gota knot in my stomach. It was like we were saying goodbye. Like my best friend was dying.
"You are my best friend Brendon and you always will be. That's why I'm begging you not to go. Not to join the Dandies. Please for me?" "But what if I want to Pete?! What if I don't want to have to live my life in hiding anymore? What have I got here? Three people who don't want me. One who I barely know and another who doesn't like what I am?! What kind of a life is that for me?" He complained.
To be honest I understood where he was coming from. When he said it like that it did sound pretty crap. But surely it was worth it. Suddenly I understood what was happening. My best friend was going to leave. He was going to become the enemy and I was going to have to fight him one day soon.
"Brendon please. Don't." I begged. I had completely forgotten that there was anyone else in the room.
He looked at me with regret and shook his head.
"I'm sorry Pete. It's what I want to do."