Hum Hallelujah

A Friend of a Friend.

Brendon's POV
"Babe do you mind if we skip tonight? I'm kinda tired." I asked the girl sat next to me.
Her name was Amy. She was tall, had short, brown hair that flicked at the fringe and wore glasses that covered her pretty blue eyes. She was also my toy from Beckett. Everyone gets one but whether or not they kill them is another thing. I decided to keep mine. She was pretty.
"Aw! But I was really looking forward to it!" she pouted.
"But we can go to the movies tomorrow night. It'll still be showing." I insisited. I really didn't want to go.
"But we had planned for tonight. Pleeeaaasssseeeee Brenny Bear?" she pleaded. Damn she was good.
"Only if you promise never to call me that again." I said,sighedand stood from the couch where we were sat.
"Yay!!" She did this little high pitch squeal thing which was just really annoying.
To be honest I did think of her as something more than a toy. If Beckett wasn't around I'd even say she was my girlfriend but we weren't allowed a relationship with a human unless they were to be turned or killed. So if I told her what I thought she would be killed.
I grabbed my jacket and threw it on before holding my arm out to Amy, which she looped hers through, and headed for the door. That was until a group of Dandies came storming through it dragging someone way too familiar.
"Emily?!" I said not bothering to hide my alarm.
"Brendon. Help me!" she burst into tears and I walked over to her.
Pulling three Dandies off her and telling them to step back I dropped to my knees infront of her and pulled her into a hug.
"Who is she babe?" Amy asked seeming a little jealous.
"A friend of a friend. She shouldn't be here."
"Hm a friend of a friend. Everyone seems to be reffering to you like that tonight my dear."William Beckett said appearing beside us.
This was bad, very bad and I had to find out what was happening.
"What's going on Beckett?" I asked letting go of Emily and standing up.
"Oh don't worry. She's just compensation until Peter gets here." he explained.
"Pete? Why him?"
"Because although you're extremely strong Pete is stronger. I need him on our side."
"He'll never be one of you! He's too good!" Emily shouted and spat on Beckett who just laughed.
"Oh but he will, my dear, because if he doesn't you will die."