Hum Hallelujah

On the Defensive.

Brendon's POV.

"Die?! What do you mean die?!" I screeched.
Beckett raised an eyebrow at me and I lowered my gaze. If he thought he could use Emily to get me to do his bidding he would use it to his advantage and I would be unable to do anything to stop him.
"Problem Urie?" he asked still looking at me.
"No Sir I just don't understand what use she will be."
"Well this girl obviously means something to Peter and Iwant him to join our team. If we stand any chance of destroying the Hunters then we need him aswell."
"Then why would she need to die?" I asked. I was completely and utterly baffled.
"Why I didn't know she meant so much to you Brendon."
"She doesn't but I just don't see any need."
"Well if he decides not to join the girl is no use to us. She would make a weak vampire and a bad toy." he stated clearly.
"I would rather die than become one of you!" she screamed.
I gave her a look that said "Shut your mouth or he'll make sure you don't have one" but I don't think she understood. Well she probably did and just didn't care.
"Why on Earth do you think Pete would give a crap about me? I don't mean anything. I'm just his friend. Not even a good one!"
"Hmmm you are quite feisty aren't you? Maybe I should keep you for my mate. I like a little fire." William smiled and crouched to stroke her cheek.
I think that may have been a little much for her to handle. Well something snapped in her anyway cause before I could stop her she punched Beckett in the face as hard as she could. He reeled back and hit the wall. I'll admit she was impressive.
Three Dandies sprung on her and shoved her against the opposite wall. William stood up, wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth and growled. This really wasn't good.
I quickly moved infront of her and growled at the other Dandies. They looked at me with confusion but soon stepped aside. They knew I was more powerful than then and they knew not to get in my way. I turned to face Beckett who was coming steadily closer. He looked angry.
"Brendon move. She will get what's coming to her." he growled.
"But Sir. I'm sure she didn't mean it. She's probably just frightened." I rambled.
"Babe why are you protecting her? Lets go out come on. The movies going to start in 10 minutes."
Why was I protecting her? She didn't really mean anything to me. But she was the only one of the guys who was nice to me when I first turned up. She let me out of the room when I couldn't find the key. She let me back in when some would have just left me. She even spent time to get to know me. So I guess I felt I owed her.
"Amy I can't leave now. We will have to go tomorrow. I'm sorry." I turned back to Beckett. "Sir I really don't think hurting her is going to make any difference. She's petrified. Just look at her."
"I don't care Urie. Step aside and let me deal with her."
He continued to walk towards us but I stayed where I was. Beckett wasn't at all like I thought he was. He seemed nice and seemed like someone who actually cared about his family.
"I'm sorry Sir but I can't do that. You need to think. If you injure her and Pete see's he may decide not to join us. You need to treat her as if she was one of us."
That seemed to work. He faltered for a minute and stopped to think. I had gotten to him and he knew I was speaking sense. Hopefully it'd work.
"Hmm. You seem to have a point. Okay then Brendon she is now your responsibility. She will stay in your room with you. If you go out you will take her. You want to look after her then that is exactly what you will do."
Maybe that wasn't my best idea.