Hum Hallelujah

The Final Decision.

Emily's POV.

That was it. It was over. The Dandies were no more and Chicago could finally be in peace. I'd like to say I was relieved that it was all over and done with but I wasn't. All our work to be over in just a matter of half an hour just isn't satisfying unfortunately. I'll tell you what it felt like. Have you ever been out and bought a really big, really expensive firework? One that you expect to be amazing and last forever? But when you light it there's one big bang and a few pretty colours in the sky that after five seconds are gone and you realise that all that money you spent wasn't worth it after all. Well it's a bit like that.
Now not only was I left with disappointment but I had a big decision to make too. One that wouldn't only effect my life but would effect two other peoples lives as well. Which is why I'm stood outside on this here balcony, hoping that, by miracle, the answer will just suddenly come to me which, as we all know, is highly unlikely.
"Hey." a voice said from behind me.
I turned around and Patrick was stood in the doorway. I smiled at him and returned to looking out at the city.
"Hey." I replied.
"Whatcha doing?" he asked coming to stand beside me.
"Thinking." I stated.
"Hm. Stupid question really." he laughed but it was forced.
For some reason it was really awkward between us. Something in that battle had changed us.
"You love him don't you?" he asked me straight out.
"Who?" I asked. He took me by surprise I'll admit.
"Pete. I see the way you look at him sometimes. And, by the way he looks at you, I'm guessing the feelings mutual." he stated.
He sounded sad which hurt but I nodded. He deserved the truth.
"I knew it. Huh. I thought I'd be more upset and offended by this but surprisingly I'm not." he said quietly.
"What?" I enquired looking at him.
"This. The whole "I'm sorry but I love your best friend more than you" speech. It's a lot easier than I thought it'd be."
There was silence. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if there was anything to say. If there was it was evading my mind pretty well.
"I guess it's because deep down I know he's a good guy and I know he'll look after you more than I could. I mean look at that fight. For half of it I just stood there trying to fix a stupid crossbow while you and my best friend almost got killed." he laughed.
I laughed with him. It was then that I realised all the previous feeling I had had for Patrick was gone. There was nothing more than friendship remaining and it felt good. I smiled and looked at Patrick.
"You don't feel it either do you?" he asked like he could read my mind.
I shook my head.
"Go on. Go tell him. I'll be right behind you." he said happily.
I grinned again and pulled him into a tight hug.
"Thank you Patrick." I said and kissed him on the cheek.
"No problem Emily. Now go before I change my mind." he laughed and I ran inside to find Pete.

Pete's POV.

I had seen Emily and Patrick out on the balcony and left them to it. She wasn't mine to celebrate with anyway so I went to help the guys put everything away. Brendon had come back with us claiming that although he loved being able to kill whenever he wanted having to dress the same as everyone else was weird. He did, however, phase back to the mansion to bring Amy with us. He loved her after all.
We were all in the training room when I heard someone shouting my name.
"In here!" I shouted without paying much attention.
That was until someone jumped on me and kissed me. Like full on kissed me.
"Emily?" I said when she pulled away, grinning like a nutter.
"Yeah?" she said still smiling.
"Care to explain what that was?"
"Oh that? Nothing I just got bored." she laughed and stepped away.
Everyone was looking at us, mouths wide open. I frowned at Emily and cocked my head to the side.
"What's going off?" I asked suspiciously. Something wasn't right.
"Nothing. You're just too irresistible." she said and looped her arms round my neck, pulling me in for another kiss.
"I love you Pete." she said after she pulled away.
I smiled down at her but then looked to the door to find Patrick leaning against the door frame. I frowned in question at him and he nodded. I turned back to Emily to find her smiling gratefully at Patrick too. I lifted her face to mine and kissed her. I had been waiting to do this for what seemed like forever and now that I could I wasn't going to let her get away.
"I love you too Emily." I murmured against her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it. The end. If you don't like it that's a shame. If you did like it then yay. :) There wont be a sequel but still. Thanks for reading guys.