Hum Hallelujah

A Plan In Action.

After weeks of contemplating with Beckett and finally working up a good plan with him I returned back to the guys with our final plan. We were attacking tonight. It was going to be in the town centre but it was going to happen. The Dandies were going to be turning up expecting the hunters but what they were going to find is Emily, on her own, in tears. Beckett, being Beckett, would go and try to take her back to the mansion but when he's fully distracted we'd pounce. Now I know what you may be thinking. There will be hundreds of Dandies around William but, because of his pride, he'd take Emily back alone. So as he walks her through the alley's we'd attack. Once he's dead the rest have no leader and no reason to kill. Well we hoped.
"Ready to go?" I asked the guys who were fully loaded with weapons and technology.
I was met with a chorus of "ready"'s and smiled.

Emily's POV.

I stood in the middle of the square waiting. It was 10 o'clock now which meant he'd be around soon. It wasn't like him to be late. Just as I thought that Beckett stepped out from the shadows, followed by hundreds of Dandies, all raring for a fight.
"Ah my dear. As much as I enjoy seeing you, now is not the time." he said bowing.
"What?" I asked acting as frightened as possible. God I wanted to stake him.
"We're expecting company my dear. You should go home." he crooned.
"I've lost my key though and the blacksmith said he wont come out at this time. I just don't know what to do." I wailed.
Of course he fell for it, even though he would think it was all his idea to take advantage of me. In no time his arm was around my shoulders and he was leaving me away from the others. Some tried to follow but he waved a hand, dismissing them.
"Do not worry your pretty little head. I shall take care of you. You can stay with us for as long as you need." he smiled. I smiled back.
"Thank you. You really are a nice person."
"Hm. Well I can't say I miss your previous frostiness towards me. Although it did make you very interesting." he leaned towards me but carried on walking.
I looked behind us to see Brendon watching me carefully. I winked at him, hoping he'd get the hint that I was okay.

He continued to compliment me as we walked and once in position I stopped. He looked at me with confusion but I just smiled sweetly.
"Sorry. Loose shoelace." I said and stooped to tie it.
Glancing up I saw everyone drop down silently behind him and grinned again. Lifting my trouser leg above my boot I looked at him, cocked my head to the side and smiled nastily.
"Oops. Looks like I don't have shoelaces." I said and launched myself at him with the stake I had taken off the strap on my leg.
As planned he dodged it, straight into Joe and Andy's path. What we didn't plan for though was him to throw them straight into the wall, knocking them both out. That left three of us against the most powerful vampire in history. I lunged again but I was too slow. Beckett grabbed my arm and swung me so my back was against his chest. He lowered his mouth to my neck and I felt his fangs slightly press on my jugular.
"Now, now Dear. As much as I do enjoy to play these little games this could hurt me." he said prying the stake from my hand.
"Let go of me!" I yelled and Pete took a step towards us.
"That isn't a wise thing to do now is it Peter?" Beckett hissed from my throat.
I tried to squirm away but couldn't. He was too strong. Our plan was failing.
"Oh I am going to enjoy this." he said and bit into my neck.
I screamed as loud as I could and Pete leapt. Patrick, the one who was supposed to be my boyfriend, just stood there frozen. As Pete collided with Beckett I was knocked to the ground. I rolled onto my back, gripping the bleeding hole on my neck with one hand while trying to pull myself out the way with the other. I was no use to them in this state.
I watched helplessly as Pete and Beckett fought. My gaze switched to Patrick who was fumbling with his crossbow. It appeared it wasn't working. That meant four of us were out of action. Which just left Pete, on his own, to fight and kill William Beckett.
My gaze snatched back to Pete and Beckett as Pete was slammed against the wall and held there by his throat. He tried to struggle against Beckett but he wasn't strong enough. Non of us were and now we were going to die. Patrick, finally giving up with his crossbow, ran at Beckett with a stake in a feeble attempt to save his friend but to no prevail. He, like the others, was thrown against the wall, the only difference being that Patrick wasn't knocked out, only injured, so much so he was no help.
"Oh I'm going to enjoy this." William said smiling and brought his other hand up to rip out Pete's heart.
"Pete! NO!" I yelled and desperately tried to get up.
William's head snapped to me and then back to Pete. He grinned.
"Oh this is too good. Almost too good for words. Let's make this more interesting." he said and brought Pete over to where I was.
"If you can answer me this question correctly Pete will live. Answer incorrectly and he dies. Understood?" Beckett said leaning towards me.
I didn't trust my voice so instead I just nodded.
"Good. What year was I born my dear?"
I froze. I didn't know this. I doubt anyone did other than himself. Well no I couldn't be certain with that either.
"Time is wasting my dear." he taunted and gripped Pete tighter.
"1781?" I tried. He threw his head back and laughed.
"No. Your a few hundred years off! Ha!" he chuckled and brought back his hand.
"Pete I'm so sorry! Please Beckett. Don't do this." I cried making William Beckett laugh more.
"Time to die Peter. It's a shame. You would have made a good addition to our team." he said and punched his hand into Pete's heart.
I closed my eyes, not wanting to see my best friends death. Only the scream I heard wasn't from Pete and when I was sprinkled with ash I opened one eye. Pete was on the floor, gasping for air, Beckett was no where to be seen and it was snowing ash. I looked up to see Brendon twirling a stake.
"Told you I wouldn't stand by and watch you be killed." he laughed as he pulled Pete up from the ground.
I stood up, which was a great struggle, and ran towards Brendon. He noticed just in time and I jumped into his arms crying softly.
"Thank you. You have no idea what you've done." I cried, hugging him tightly.
"My pleasure." he said and hugged me back.
"I always knew you were good." I whispered into his ear.
"Hm let's keep that one a secret shall we." he said as I pulled away from him.
He looked at me with pure happiness in his eyes and smiled. I smiled back but then my gaze flickered to Pete, who was using the wall to support himself. It saddened me greatly and my heart sank. Brendon leaned forward to whisper into my ear.
"He loves you too you know. Treasure that." he said.
"But what about Patrick." I said, barely above a whisper. It wasn't that I didn't want Patrick to hear. I just couldn't speak any louder.
"Follow your heart." Brendon said and moved away to help Pete.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter. Then thats it.