Status: Active

Second Heartbeat

To Me You Were My Soul Companion

Haley’s New Look:
Image

I knocked on my dorm room cautiously. I didn’t want to walk in on someone having sex. A few seconds later, a stunning young girl opened it.

“Hello, can I help you?” she asked, and every time she opened her mouth I got a glimpse of her dazzling white teeth.
“Yeah, my name’s Haley Sanders, I’m your roommate.”

I gave her my ‘deal with it’ face and walked right past her, chucking my suitcase onto the spare bed in the room.

“I’m sorry, I was told that I wasn’t gonna have a roommate this year.”

I left my Chucks on and just lay back on the bed, resting my arms behind my head.

“Isn’t this the freshman block?”
“Yeah, but that’s got nothing to…”
“You said, ‘THIS year’. Dude, how many times have you had to repeat college?”

I grinned at her, knowing I had her cornered. That is until, the tallest guy I’d ever met, bar Jimmy, walked into the room. He was covered in tattoos, piercings and his long dark brown hair looked like it hadn’t been washed in about a week.

“Hey baby, who’s this?”
“Um, what was your name again?”
“Haley, Haley Sanders.”

He had been nuzzling his face into her neck while I watched with a disgusted expression but as soon as I told him my name his head snapped up.

“You mean Haley Sanders as in the Haley Sanders who screamed on the Avenged Sevenfold track?”

Oh God, here we go.

“Yep. The one and only. Lead singer is my brother.”
“Man, I’ve got so much respect for you.”
“Thanks. What’s your name?”
“Matt. Matt Richie.”

I reached my hand out and he shook it.

“Nice to meet you Matt. So, you didn’t tell me your name.”
“It’s Francesca. You don’t need to know my last name.”

I nodded while an awkward silence squeezed itself into the room. I sighed and looked around the room… no wall space left. Well, that was gonna have to change and soon.

“So, where’d you want me to put your posters that are on my wall?”

She gaped at me and I just smiled. We stayed like that for a little bit, Matt chuckling at his girlfriend’s expression, until my phone rang, letting everyone hear the amazingness that is my screaming vocals.

“Light a fire, strike the matches. Fuck a duck and see what hatches. You’ve reached the phone of Haley none of your business, how can I help?”

I noticed Matt bust a gut laughing while Francesca glared daggers at him.

“And you wonder why people think that we’re NOT related. Hey Hales. It’s Matt. Um, what block you in? Me and the guys have a couple days off to come and stay with you.”

I did a little happy dance and told him where to find me, listening to Jimmy shouting at him in the background and then hung up.

“What are YOU so happy about?” Fran spat at me.
“My brother and our friends are coming to see me. My parents and younger sister didn’t really care. Anyway, back to the present… Where’d you want me to put your posters?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening to: Somewhere - Within Temptation