I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

A Puppy Dog Face

“So how’s the new internship going?” My sister Kylee asked me as we talked over the phone.

”AWESOME!” I squealed while bouncing up and down. “It’s so much fun and it’s great to get to be around all of this stuff since I want to work in the music industry.”

Wow, you guys are probably confused huh? I should fill you in a little bit more before you’re just thrown into this! Well, for starters, I’m Kirsten Callahan and I’m 22 years young. You don’t have to call me Kirsten though, everyone just calls me Kirstie or Kirst. I was born and raised in California but when it was time for me to go to college, I decided that I wanted an adventure so I went to college in London England.

I’ve always been musical and that has been my love my entire life. I knew I wanted to go into the music industry somehow but I didn’t know how. Luckily, my college helped get me an internship with Island/Universal Records.

My sister Kylee is still in California, driving her rally cars…that’s what she does. She’s a professional rally car driver. Yeah, we’re pretty different but yet kinda the same. Ky is way more athletic whereas I’m more musical. On a whole, she’s a little bit more quiet than I am, I’m pretty outgoing and…well what’s the word I’m looking for….hyper and a little crazy but it’s all good. Kylee is quiet but around people she knows and is comfortable with she’s definitely not! It’s kinda funny actually.

“Oh congratulations again on winning yesterday!” I buzzed.

“Thanks, it was nice to be on the top of the podium,” She told me and I knew she was smiling brightly.

“So how’s everything going with you?” I questioned.

“Good, I’m kind of bummed though because Tanner isn’t here,” Ky pouted.

I rolled my eyes because I knew she couldn’t see me. Can I just take the time to say, I really don’t like her boyfriend! She’s dating Tanner Foust, a fellow rally driver and they have been for close to a year. Kylee is 25 years old….TANNER IS 38! Ky doesn’t think it’s weird but I do! I just think it’s strange and I don’t want my sister to be getting used in any way.

“You should come visit me then since he’s gone!” I suggested.

She just let out a laugh and said, “He’s only gone for the day, I don’t think I could fly to England and be back before he’s home.”

“Ky, if you believe you can, you can!” I laughed, causing her to let out a few giggles. “Well I need to get going, I just got the studio. I get to watch a real band record and I get to help work the sound board!”

“Alright sis, I’ll talk to ya later,” She replied.

“Okay, love you,” I smiled.

“Love you too Kirstie,” Ky said before we hung up.

I put my phone in my jeans pocket before grabbing my coffee and heading into the studio. When I walked in, Dave the guy who is kind of my ‘mentor’ I guess you could say, was waiting for me. He’s one of the managers of Island/Universal records and he’s been the one who has taken me under his wing since I came here and taught me everything.

“So today McFly is coming in to try to record some new stuff, you ever heard of them?” Dave asked.

“Um yeah, I’ve heard of them. I can’t say I’ve listened to their music but I’ve heard of them…well it’s kind of hard not to have heard of them here in England,” I laughed.

“That’s true,” He laughed with me. “They’re cool guys though, you’ll like them. Speaking of… here they come.”

The door opened and four boys came walking in, all cracking up over something. Once they regained their composure they greeted Dave and started talking about what they were going to record. One guy, who was really good looking, bright blue eyes, short brown hair, and a crooked smile as well as tattoos spilling over one of his arms. His accent seemed a little different the rest of the guys, it sounded like a mix of Scottish and English. The next guy I saw was shorter, swoopy blonde hair and blue eyes as well. He was pretty cute and he had tattoos like the other guy. An adorable skinny man stood next to him, also with blonde hair and he had big eyebrows, brown eyes and a cute dimple. The last guy was well built, muscular and he was really attractive. He had short brown hair and the most captivating blue eyes. He had an almost puppy dog looking face too, it was so cute!

“Oh sorry! Guys, this is Kirstie,” Dave started.

“Hey, I’m Danny,” The one with the crooked smile and tattoos introduced himself.

“And I’m Tom,” the blonde one with the eyebrows smiled.

“I’m Harry,” The puppy dog one told me.

“And I’m Dougie,” The shorter blonde added.

“Well it’s nice to meet you guys, I’m excited to get to work with you today,” I beamed.

“Oh you’re American?” Danny asked me.

“Yep, California,” I smiled.

“Well let’s get going,” Dave told us. “Guys, go get ready and Kirstie and I will get a sound level on your voices.”

They all nodded before going into the sound room. These guys seemed cool and they’re all so adorable! I really won’t mind working with them at all!
♠ ♠ ♠
whooo! new story!

Kirstie

comments?