‹ Prequel: Safe Ride Home
Status: plotting : )

Now and Forever.

Say goodbye to the halls and the classes.

I hummed the same tune that had been stuck in my head for days as I folded my clothes and neatly placed them inside my suitcase. The house was empty and eerily quiet. All the boys were out, having a band meeting to plan the upcoming tour some. I smirked as I imagined the scene. It would be mostly just Matt talking about the interviews and side shows he’d booked while Alex and Jack mouthed dirty words at each other. Rian would be texting Casadee under the table and Zack would either be trying to listen to Matt, or day dreaming.

I chuckled out loud as I placed the last tank top into the case and closed it. My clothes were piled a little too high, but after putting my weight onto the top I was able to finally zip it up. I managed to also drag it from the bedroom to the hallway, but I gave up half way down and left it.

I checked the time and figured the boys should be back within the hour. Then I went into the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal. As I was re-entering the living room with my mouth full, my phone started ringing on the coffee table. I skipped over and smirked before answering it. “Wellow!”

“You know, you could have answered the phone after you finished chewing your mouthful.” I giggled and hurriedly swallowed.

“I love you too, Kenny!” I gushed and cradled the phone between my cheek and shoulder as I scooped another spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

“Too true. So, you all packed?” There was a clapping noise on his side that I ignored.

“Just finished actually. You?”

“I don’t really ever unpack anymore. It’s just a waste of energy.”

I giggled and nodded even though he couldn’t see me. “We all know it’s just cause you’re lazy.”

“Well, there is that too.” I could see his smirk as I rolled my eyes. “John says hi.”

“Hey Johnny Oh!” I yelled into the phone and then snickered as Kennedy cursed under his breath. “Ugh, I can’t wait for tour to start. I miss you guys so much.”

“Isn’t it awesome? We’ll be able to hang out tomorrow!” I shivered at his words.

“I’m psyched!” I squealed and sat my bowl down on the table as I danced around the living room. Kennedy laughed. “This is going to be the best summer ever!”

“Don’t get your expectations up too high.”

I rolled my eyes. “All of my best friends are touring together and I get to tag along for free. How can my expectations be too high?”

“With tour comes chaos, my dear. You should know that best.” He muttered the last part and I frowned a little.

“I hate that you’re pointing out the truth right now. It’s totally crushing my mood.” I sighed as I sunk back into the couch, placing a hand over my eyes.

“I just want you to be careful. Stay safe. Avoid drama.” Kennedy sighed too.

“Can we at least have fun while we do all that lame stuff?” I pouted and he chuckled.

“Yeah, Dell. We’ll party hard and have sleepovers in hotel rooms. Does that sound better?”

“Sounds like the good times.” I heard the front door open and close, making me sit up abruptly. “I think the boys just got here so I’ll talk to you later, kay Kenny?”

“Sure, Dell. I’ll see you tomorrow sometime too.” His tone had changed into something strange but I forgot to say something about it the second Alex came around the corner.

“Mkay, Ba-bye Kenny. Love you.” I listened to his mumbled goodbye and then ended the call, tossing my phone to the couch as I smirked. “Hey there doll.”

His hair fell into his face as he looked down to kick his shoes off. Then those brown eyes connected with mine and I bit my bottom lip. “Hey.” His low voice gave me goose bumps. He shuffled his feet toward me as I got up on my knees, leaning on the back of the couch.

“How did the meeting go?” My head tilted back as he stepped closer and hovered over me.

“There’s about fifteen hours before we have to leave for tour where we’ll be surrounded by the guys and everybody else all the time.” He sighed as he cupped my face in his hands and rested his forehead against mine. “I think we should spend those fifteen hours not talking about the band or tour or anything else. Just us.”I grinned as he ran his thumb over my bottom lip.

“Sounds good to me.” I mumbled before he pushed his lips to mine. His warm hands trailed down to my neck as his fingers went into my hair, giving me more chills. He gave me a few short kisses before pushing me down to the couch. I arched my eyebrows at him as he smirked down at me. Then he hopped over the back of the couch, his knees landing just at my sides perfectly. “Oh, you’re so smooth Mr. Gaskarth.” I giggled as he slowly leaned down to me.

“Only for tonight.” He muttered before kissing me hard again. I closed my eyes and locked my hands behind his neck, enjoying every last second of our time together because he was right. Once tour started, we wouldn’t be able to be really alone. Tour flew out of my thoughts as Alex started to trail the kisses down my neck. I bit my bottom lip to keep in any moans as my hips arched upward toward his body.

“Alex?”

“Hmm?” His voice vibrated against my skin, driving me absolutely insane. I moved my fingers to his chin to bring his eyes up to mine. He was pouting slightly, which only made me smile wider.

“I love you.” He grinned in response and left a quick kiss on my nose.

“I love you more.” He snickered as I rolled my eyes.

“You’re such a nerd.” I playfully ruffled his hair, getting some in his eyes.

“That’s not very nice.” He pouted again, digging his fingers into my sides dangerously so, almost tickling me. “I thought you were just saying how much you love me?” He wiggled his fingers and I cracked up immediately.

“You’ve got it all wrong!” I managed to get the sentence out as I pushed myself against his body. “I love the cool side of you, not the nerdy side.” Alex gasped dramatically and I ended up still laughing after he’d stopped tickling me.

“And to think, I was going to make love to you.” He shook his head and leaned on his side, staring off toward the television.

I snorted. “Make love to me?” He fake glared and I cupped his face. “Aw, I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean to laugh. You can make love to me all you want.” I giggled at myself as his grinned and brought our mouths together again.

My pulse raced as his hands slid all over my body, finally stopping at my stomach. His fingers slowly crept under my shirt and drew small circles just above my jeans, driving me insane yet again. I impatiently bit his bottom lip and he chuckled before kissing me hard, squeezing my hips in his hands.

And then, as if perfectly timed to ruin the moment, someone knocked on the front door. Alex ignored it and continued to kiss down my jaw. I tried ignoring it too, letting the sensations of Alex on top of me drown everything else out, but the someone knocked again.

I sighed and let my head fall back down on the couch. Alex groaned as he pulled away from me and started to get up. I smiled a little and listened as he cursed under his breath all the way to the front door.

“Hey Soph, Shell.” Alex greeted after he’d opened the door. I sat up and bit my bottom lip. Shelly was our next door neighbor, and Sophia was her adorable nine year old daughter.

“Hi Alex. Soph just wanted to stop by and hang out before you guys leave tomorrow. We’re not bothering you, are we?” Shelly sounded strained and worried. I could just imagine Alex running his hand through his hair as he deliberated on his words.

“Actually,” he started and I hurriedly hopped up from the couch, scurrying over to the doorway. “Dell and I—,”

“Alex?” I called his name and his head snapped to me. His eyebrows furrowed and his mouth slightly frowned. I switched my eyes from him to Shelly and Sophia and then he sighed.

“Well, Dell and I would love to have Soph over. Come on Sophie, let’s go find something to drink and then maybe we’ll sit down to play cards. Sound good?” Alex grinned as he took the small girls hand and started to lead her down the hallway, toward the kitchen. I smiled at him as he went by and then turned to Shelly.

“I’m really sorry, Dell. I know you probably had something planned with Alex,” I held my hand up to stop her.

“It’s nothing Shelly. I know it’s hard with just you and Soph. Alex and I are more than happy to baby sit. We love having both of you around.” I smiled at her softly as she sighed heavily.

“It’s definitely not easy.” She nodded. “I’m just going to the store to pick up some groceries. Soph’s such a handful at the store.” She frowned. “I should only be gone for an hour, two tops.”

I reached out and hugged her. “Take as long as you need, Shell. We’ll take good care of her.” I reassured her and patted her back before letting her go.

“I know.” Shelly laughed a little. “She absolutely loves Alex.”

“That’s because he’s close to her maturity level.” I teased and she really laughed at that. She said goodbye and then she was gone in her car and down the street. I closed and locked the door before I started for the kitchen where Sophia’s giggles were coming from steadily.

“What? Nine and a half year olds don’t drink beer?” Alex exclaimed just before I entered, causing Sophia to giggle even more. “What on earth do you drink then?”

“Juice!” Sophia threw her hands up and squealed.

“Juice liiiiiiiike this?” He pulled out a bottle of apple juice and Sophia giggled as she nodded. He continued to make her smile as he poured her a glass and then sent her to go get the playing cards.

I couldn’t help but grin as he drank from his own glass of apple juice. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him from behind. “You’re my hero, you know?”

He chuckled and placed his hand on mine. “I try.”

I leaned up and left a kiss on his skull and crossbones tattoo just behind his ear. “You’re amazing Alex.” I squeezed him and smirked as I whispered in his ear. “And I promise we’ll finish what we started later.”

He choked on his apple juice as I pulled away and I giggled as I took a seat at the table. “You.” He pointed at me as his eyes watered and he continued to cough. “Are so going to pay for that.”

“Pay for what?” Sophia’s sweet little innocent voice popped in as she skipped to the table. I smirked at Alex as we both waited for his answer.

“Uh …” Alex stood dumbfounded and I winked at him.

“What game you got there, Soph?” I pulled her attention away from Alex and continued to grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first chapter<3. Hope you guys enjoy and stick around. I'm picking up my pen again to finish this off. It may be my last story, but I'm determined to finish it. This has been my wonderful baby for years and I've had so much fun with all the readers and commenters. I've missed you guys. Hope you've missed me and the splendid boys, because there should be lots of us from here to the end! Please comment with your thoughts or questions, perhaps concerns on the story!
xooxEmber.