Status: updates when inspiration and free time collide.

Designer Dreams, Designer Shades

Poetry is Past-Tense Tension Played Out Yesterday.

“You know what…I like it,” I said with a nod after studying his hair. I went to the mall with Drew for some shopping and to get his hair done. His hair was this reddish, dark brown, and he got some blonde and light brown highlights in it. “It’s very…different for you.”

“Different here having the same meaning as ‘ugly’ or…?”

“I said I liked it!” I laughed, bumping my hip into his. “Now, to the food court! I’m starving.” He went to Auntie Anne’s and I went to the Cinnabon, as was our custom. I got Drew two pizza pretzels with lemonade and Drew got me one of those giant Pecanbons with a bottle of water, like we always did, and met up on a bench just outside of Spencer’s.

“Hey, Darcy, what are you doing tonight?” Drew asked, licking some icing off his fingers.

I shrugged, slurping up some lemonade. “Well, my friends have some friends that are having this party tonight, but I’m so awkward…what do you say we go see a movie, Drew?”

“You’re not awkward.”

“Compared to them, I am very awkward, Drew…”

“Why compare yourself to them? You’re way out of their league.”

I grinned and wrapped an arm around his neck, leaning up to kiss his cheek. “Aw, Drew, you’re so sweet! But, seriously, though…even Harley’s going to that party tonight,” I sighed dejectedly, snuggling into Drew’s side now. “I’m just not a party girl…”

“Just come over, you know my parents would never say no to you.”

“We’re gonna have the most epic, extreme sleepover ever!” I declared, raising a fist into the air.

“Oh, hell yes. We’re going to build a fucking fort and everything,” Drew laughed along.

We really did build a fort, too. That was another one of the many things that were so awesome about Drew – he wasn’t afraid to act younger than he was. I mean, it’s not like he acted like an obnoxious five year old every single second of every single day, but he knew when to let loose and just have some fun. I got to be a kid when I was with Drew, and I loved that, because I felt like it was stolen from me much too soon…


▲▼▲▼▲

Hey Darcy.
I know you don’t want to see me, and I guess I was pretty rude to you at The Grind, but just know that you and your dad are in my prayers and that I’m here for you if you need anything.
I always have been.
-Drew.


I slipped the small note into my wallet, trying not to grin like a fool and failing epically. Tulips? Oh, gosh, Drew knew me way too well. I held the flowers in my arms and was just about to leave the hospital when another familiar face dropped by the room – Harley. “Hey, girl,” I said, trying not to cry.

Harley was so sweet to me. I have no idea how she found out I was in town, but she did, and she was the only one who knew. She wasn’t mad at me for leaving and coming back, both without warning. She didn’t judge me. I was determined to keep it that way.

Harley wasn’t mad, once she knew everything…and I do mean everything. She cried for me. It was awful, but we were over it, and we were better friends than ever before. I was so glad she was keeping my return on the down low, too. Because, now, she was friends with Macy.

I have no idea why it killed me to hear that Macy and Drew were an item.

“Are you alright? Who got you the flowers?”

“The hospital,” I lied, cradling them protectively to my chest.

Harley nodded, pulling her hair back behind her ears. “Hey, Darcy…are you doing anything this weekend?”

“Harley, I’m with my dad twenty four seven,” I told her, motioning to his still form on the hospital bed. “Why?”

“I wanna take you out for dinner!” Harley declared. “Please? We can go to that one sushi place you adore…”

“Harley…”

“Come on, Darcy, I haven’t seen you in years. You at least owe me dinner, bitch.”

I sighed and hung my head, so Harley knew she won. I gave her the address of the hotel I was staying at before we went our separate ways…

But before she picked me up the next day, I actually made an effort to try and dress like I used to – skinny jeans, tank top…granted, the clothes I had packed were all these high end labels, but hey, at least I tried. There was nothing I could do for shoes, though – heels and heels and heels upon heels were all I brought with me. Oh well, I still looked good. I put on some of my designer shades before leaving my room to join Harley in the hotel lobby.

“Hey, you!” Harley said excitedly, getting up to hug me. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah,” I said with a nervous laugh, but when I got in the car, somebody sitting behind me blindfolded me, so I inevitably screamed.

“Don’t let her peek!” Harley laughed, and I felt her speed us away in the car.

“Harley, what the fuck?” I complained, trying to push the blindfold up.

“Stop it, Darcy! Just let me surprise you!”

“Surprise?” I repeated, feeling my heart sink, but I just swallowed thickly and calmly buckled up so I at least wouldn’t die.

“I’m surprised you’re not complaining more,” Harley remarked when I finally felt the car slowing down a good fifteen minutes later.

“I know there’s no use fighting you, Harley…it’s nice to see some things never change,” I muttered under my breath.

Even when the car stopped, the blindfold never left my face. Harley’s friend tied it around my head and Harley led me…somewhere. I heard a door open and we walked inside somewhere, then the door closed behind us. “H-Harley?” I said uncertainly when she dropped my hand.

“You can take your blindfold off now,” Harley said, and she sounded far away from me.

When I pulled it off, I was standing in the Ingle’s living room. “Surprise!” They yelled at me, and even though it was just Harley and her parents, it was loud as fuck, and I started crying.

Firstly, because the gesture was so sweet, even though I really didn’t want to see anyone here.

Secondly, because I saw Macy hugging a shocked Drew on the stairs just past the living room.

…Here we go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading & sorry for the wait! please don't hate me!
inspiration. his name is Harley, too! xD
after watching one of these, i don't want to eat food. lmfao.
anyways, comment/subscribe and all that good stuff :D