Vampires

Blue Dresses

A strange thought came to me in the night. What were we going to do about the Caster Clan? We have been putting this off for days now. Ever since the Grace Clan was slaughtered. I have been blocking the image of little Grace's bloody body out of my mind but it always returned. We should have done more to protect them! Instead you and I were upstairs ding naughty things! How could I have been so stupid? I love you and all but it was wrong! Wrong of us to leave them down there and put Bob and Ray in harms way, and your brother! Your beloved Mikey could have had the same fate at the family!

"Hey what's up Frank, you look kinda sad." Mikey said. I shrugged.

"Nothing Mikes, just not feeling great today." today was my day off work.

"Well I refuse to have you mopping on your day off, were going to the mall." you were in the basement painting or drawing, something artistic. When you did this you became defensive and rather be left alone to tend to your beloved creation. I respected that. Bob and Ray had taken the dogs for a walk in the park. They were good friends now.

"Fine." I pulled off a weak smile. He dragged me to the car and told me he would drive. No one ever drove my car but me. It was slightly nerve racking because he just got his license not to long ago and he was still kinda green at it. He went all over the road and nearly running into old ladies who waved their canes at us. I couldn't blame them. "Mikes!" I yelped as we sped over a speed bump. I may need my car tires replaced sooner then expected. We screeched into a parking space millimeters from a the car in front of us. I gave a huge sign of relief as we got out of the car. I almost wanted to kiss the slushy ground.

The mall was busy and the stores were packed. It was after Christmas, one we didn't really celebrate. We had not presents or music but we were alive and well. We passed a store were I looked in the display window. There were models of children wearing fancy dresses of different colors. One looked just like little Grace's dress. I sighed in despair.

"Do you want me to drive home?" Mikey asked. My eyes widened at the thought.

"No!!" I screamed and snatched the keys of of his hand. People stopped to stare at us.

"Geeze, fine." he raised his hands in defense.

"I mean, no Mikes, I'll drive home."