Waking Up with Headaches

Unbroken Promise

(Lily‘s P.O.V.)

I wiped my tears away silently in the waiting room chair as Kara tried to cheer me up. Jack went to call the guys and get coffees from down stairs. His young sister Abby called the police and when they got to the house he was badly hurt. He was in surgery now.

The police had taken his sister to the police station because they couldn’t reach their father or find the older sister. Which was only making me worry more knowing what happened even if Matt won’t tell me what happened.

We found a pair of Rian’s shoes in his car for Jack to wear and Kara had an extra pair of flip flops for me to so they would let us into the hospital.

The nurse and doctor headed over to us in the empty waiting room. Kara and I sat quietly waiting to hear the news. The short brown hair nurse was the first to talk “He‘ll be fine. He will be out of the O.R. in a few minutes and wake up in about an hour. You can wait here till he wakes or go home and come back tomorrow. We won‘t kick you out. He will have to stay a day or two before we can release him.”

Weight pulled off my shoulders as I sighed out fear. “We will wait for him to wake up.” Kara told them “There is a group of people coming. We will take care of him.”

“Was his sister okay?” I asked curiously hoping for the best

The nurse and doctor looked at each other before the doctor answer “We can‘t share that information since she is miners without parents version right now. Your friend is over 18 and we were told the sister had the police call you” He explained. I sighed hoping for good new and getting none “Do you have an way to contact their parents?”

Kara and I looked at each other. I stumbled over my words telling them “Their mother is dead and I don‘t think anyone has met their father.”

“I think maybe one or two of the people coming have. Jack might know, we will ask when he comes backs” Kara added. They two workers left us and Jack came in with coffee shortly after. I knotted my fingers around the warm cup as Kara asked Jack about the farther.

Jack sat on the arm of my sofa like bench I sat on and said “Yea I met him a few times but only once after Matt‘s mom died. He is a creepy dude now. Matt hates him, he doesn‘t like people being around him anymore. He was a nice guys and always happy. Now Matt told me that now he is like a baby and his bottle. Can‘t stop drinking.” Jack admitted.

I took a sip of my coffee trying to get the terrible image out of my head. I put the coffee off the table in front of me and buried myself into my knees. “What did the guys say?” I mumbled sadly

“Rian said they‘re outside trying to find a spot to park now.” Jack said rubbing his hand on my back.

“I think I will go wait for them by the door” Kara said staying up and leaving.

Jack filled her spot next to me on the bench. I wiped the tears washing my eyeliner away. Jack sighed before he spoke and said “I don‘t think you should break up with Matt yet. Not after all this. He is going to need someone there for him and breaking up with him is not going to help him get better. I was stupid to think I could steal you away from him. You are your own person and you clearly still love him and I can‘t hurt anyone other than myself.”

I wiped my eyes once more “I do love you Jack. I have and still will. I want to be with you but the worst part is you are right! I do still love Matt and I don‘t think I could talk to him after this.”

Jack wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug “Just don‘t worry about it. I will be here if you need me. Just don‘t panic please.” He said sweetly kissing my temple before pulling away and sitting in another chair with his coffee.

I picked up a tissue from a box next to my drink. Kara came in with the group. Rian and Kara sat next to me. Alex and Lisa sat by Jack. Zack had his arm around Katie standing by the door. Julia sat on the empty chair next to me and handed me a clean tissue. I smiled and took it.

Like normal I didn’t listen to the anyone or what they were talking about. I was too worried about Matt. The clock didn’t seem to move at all making me wish the nurse would come in and say he is awake early. Sadly she would not.

I was sick about thinking about the worst and hearing about it. “Did you guys win the battle?” I asked changing the topic.

“No, we did not win.” Rian said “But the scoot I was talking to wants us to drive down to New York and try out for the company. If they likes us we can put an EP out and tour by the end of the school year.” Everyone buzzed over the good new.

“What City? Like New York City?” I asked curiously as an idea formed in my head. Rian nodded. “You guys would get killed there! You couldn‘t get a cab to stop for you!”

“I am sure we could stop a cab!” Zack said trying to pick a fight with me.

“Zack, you are to quiet they would not even hear you call them. Rian, you are always wearing dark colors they would think you would mug them or not pay. Alex just looks like a punk with his beanies and baggy clothes. And not trying to be mean but I think they would be scared to pick Jack up!” Everyone agreed with me.

“Alright then why don‘t all you girls come too!” Alex said “If you will make us less thug like. Matt can even come when he is better” The girls were happy and already started to think about plans. I sat and listened to them get off topic finally.

~~~~~

The nurse walked into the room and everyone went quiet. The young nurse looked nervously around the room “Are you all here for Mr. Flyzik?” She asked. We all nodded. “By the looks of it none of you look old enough to be his parents so only four people at a time.”

I got assuming that I should be one of the four and followed the nurse. Zack, Rian, and, Kara followed behind. I walked by the nurse into the room. Matt was barely awake sitting up in the hospital bed. There were a few cuts across his face but I till kissed his forehead gently. “I’m sorry” I mumbled into his shoulder hugging him gently.

“No, I‘m sorry! That was my fault” He said squeezing me carefully “Lets just never fight again. Okay?” I nodded hugging him a little longer before sitting in a chair next to him. I held his hand on the edge on the bed. Pushing joyful tears a way.

“So what happened Matt?” Rian asked the broken boy.

Matt coughed before he spoke “I went home after Abby called me. She was sick and need help. Kayla wasn’t there. And I was walking around looking for Advil and I fell down the stairs. I tripped. It was stupid of me”

I ignored the lie trying to act like it did not brother me. Rian told him about the plans to go to New York and how he was going. Everyone took turns coming in and out to check up with Matt but I didn’t left his side. After just about everyone checked in with Matt a silences grew in the room between us.

Matt looked worried at me with his jaw dropped as he tried to choke up the right words, “Y-you know I really am sorry. I feel like an asshole for what I did.”

“Please. I just don‘t want to fight with you ever again!” I begged snuggling into his arm “I honestly freak out when I got that call. There was a moment where I thought the worst and didn‘t think I had a change to say goodbye. I hate fighting! I don’t even know why I was mad over the stupid mistake. I knew you didn’t mean too. I guess I just wanted a reason to be mad, and I told it out on you. Can we please act like nothing happened? It was a mistake and I see that now.” I looked up his arm giving him the ‘puppy dog eyes’.

He smirked unhappily telling me that he wanted to talk about the fight and felt bad. I snuggled into his arm more making myself at home. “I promise when we go to New York with the guys, I‘ll make it up too you.” He said kissing the top of my head.

“Who said you were picking what we do?” I yawned growing heavy eyed

He laughed resting his head on top of mine “I did since I was an asshole. And when we get to New York I am going to take you to Central Park, take you on a carriage ride, go to Time Square, and, never fight about anything!” I giggled like a school girl curling up into his weak arm “I do not break promises Tiger Lily.”

I hated that nickname as cute as it was. “Can we get Chinese food for the carriage ride?” I said softly drifting asleep. We played around knotting and unknotting our fingers together.

“Of course, Tiger Lily. Whatever you want.” Matt’s word sent me into a blush as I smiled falling into a dream without anymore thoughts. The room was cool and frosty but cozy in Matt’s arm. I felt so safe and carefree but could not help but feeling like the true asshole of the day.

I, cheated on Matt. I, lead Jack on. I, lied to everyone. Matt might had hit me but, he did not mean it! He regretted it! Did I regret kissing Jack? Not really! Hell if I could, I might kiss him again! Then again could Jack be the asshole? Jack did kiss me when he clearly knew about Matt and I! Jack might have heard everything about our fight! He could have been planning this the whole time!

~~~~~

“Lily wake up.” Matt groaned waking me up. “It is almost two in the morning. Go home. I‘ll be here in the morning.”

I nodded and got up from the chair “You are right. I‘m going to pass out. I will be over here straight when I wake up. Promise.” I told him kissing on uncut part of his forehead. The cuts reminded me of the night he came over like this and we kissed for the first time. How I had butterflies in my gut and was so love stuck.

I walked sheepishly out of the room for the waiting room to get my stuff. I found Jack asleep in one of the chairs alone in the room. I pushed Jack lightly till he woke up. “What is it?” He dazedly dreaming before waking up “Oh hi. Ready to go?”

I nodded confused, shaking coldly in my tank top “Yea have you been waiting for me?”

He yawned and moaned sitting up in the chair “Yea did you think I would just left you here without a ride home? I‘d be an asshole.” Jack is not an asshole.

He pulled himself awkwardly out of the chair and walking to the exit with me. I followed him like a lost boy over to Rian’s car. I curled up in the car seat facing Jack in the driver’s seat. Watching him so he won’t fall asleep. It should be a rule that one another people should stay awake with the driver. If the driver does not have someone to keep an eye on them or talk to them when they drive, they will fall sleep more easily! That is not fair. I do not want to die because I am not friendly.

“Why didn‘t you check on Matt?” I asked Jack as he started flashing his eyelids

“Too awkward” He laughed rubbing his head in the silence of the frigid car “What would I have said? ‘Hey buddy, sorry you got beat up! I kissed your girlfriend and am hopelessly in love with her now! Here is a funny card I got in the gift shop with a monkey on it!’ ” I laughed hardly at the goof behind the wheel. He looked over a smiled at me “I love your laugh. Never stop laughing.”

I covered on mouth with my hand hiding my flushed cheek “Keep making me laugh.”

He smiled before turning his head to the road. Nothingness grew again as I found myself eyeballing the guitar player. He felt my look and shot his head over to me rapidly. “Stop staring at me! It is rude, you know!” He laughed but I just giggled without taking my eyes away. He looked sadly over to me once more “Why Matt?”

My heart dropped a little in my stomach. I barely knew the answer myself. Now I am happy and in love but before I could not even remember why we kissed. “Why do you care?” I asked like the bitch I was.

He frowned reminding me I was the asshole “Well when I asked you to be my girlfriend you said no and that you were not ready for a relationship. But when Matt asked, it was yes?”

“Bullshit” I mumbled remembering the words that went around my head that day. “So much bullshit in so little time. I shouldn‘t have said no. I guess I am the hypocrite now. Do you hate me?” I asked honestly wanting to know the answer. Jack looked awkwardly from the road to me, to the road, then to me once again.

“Of course not. Who could hate someone with those big blue beautiful eyes? You fall in love just looking into them,” The goofy sweet kid had me feeling like melted butter. “I know at else two people have. Then again you are a bit of a tease, there could but others I do not know or approve of.”

I giggled till hiding behind my hand “I am not a tease!” I disagreed

“At the party you would not leave my arms after you already turned me down!” He said having a sense of humor about it “Thanks for reminding me what I just lost! Next time you could have at least let me ran the bases before you strike me out!” We shared a laugh as the car came to a slow pace onto a driveway of a new house that was till not home. “I will wait till you get inside to leave” Jack told me rubbing his eyes.

I nodded and headed to the door and reaching above the frame for the key. I gripped tightly on the cool copper like metal then changing my mind quickly. I headed back to the car and into my seat. “The key isn‘t there and my mom works last shifts. Would your parents mine if I sleep at your house for the night?”

“Nuh, not at all. They know you, your mom, they should be fine with it.” He smiled starting the car back up. I sat silently on the seat coming to look awkwardly at the boy. “You got to fucking cut that out before I sl-. Never mind. I‘m sorry.”

“Slapped you? Is that what you were going to say?” I asked. He nodded biting on his lip clearly causing pain to himself “Do not beat yourself up about it. It‘s fine. Matt and I talked it out.” I lied.

“Is he sorry? Or do I have to kill him?” He said in defense mode causing me and my sleepless haze to laugh more. “It‘s not a joke! I do not care who the fuck you are, or if you are my best friend, you don‘t treat someone you love that way. But you are not stupid, you knew that, Liles.”

“It was a mistake, Jack. It won‘t happen again.” I mumbled standing up for Matt.

I stayed silent focusing myself to keep my eyes open. We finally made it to Jack’s house and slipped inside as quiet as mice. The hall light Jack flit on burnt my eyes as I made my way to Jack’s room. He pulled out a pair of old sweat pants and tossed them to me before quickly leaving the room. I kicked my way out the tight skinny jeans and into the heavy cotton plaid.

“You done?” Jack asked lighting knocking on the door. I opened the door and let him in. “I‘ll sleep on the couch. Take my bed.” He said rubbing his eyes.

“You can stay in here. I‘m a girl, not a monster.” I said hoping he would stay.

He smirked a pulled on his cheek “I don‘t trust myself.” He said honest and brave.

I giggled reading his dirty mind. Smiling up at him almost wanting to beg him to stay I said. “Please Jack Rabbit? Stay? For me.” I batted my lashes just wanting for him to simply stay.

“Fine” He sighed heading to pull the sheet down on the bed “But I trust you to stop me!” He laughed as we got cozy on different sides of the bed.

I faced to the center of the bed looking darkly into Jack’s back. I pulled the navy blue sheet into fists in my hands. All I wanted was to be cuddling in the arm’s of one of my best friend when my boyfriend is in pieces at the hospital. I am a bitch.

Today was a crappy day, I think. Walking on the beach with Jack made my heart skip beats! I just wanted to be happy, is that so much to ask for?

I pushed my forehead between Jack’s shoulder blades. “Jack Rabbit!” I whined into the darkness “I‘m still cold.”

“Are you fucking joking?” He moaned unhappily.

I giggled wrapping my arms around his boney rib cage “Cuddle with me.” I begged

He fixed himself turning around and embracing me in his arms. “I trusted you to watch me! This isn‘t fair.” I laughed feeling the warm arms wrap around my lower back. I nested my head into the bay of his neck. Kissing his collar bone welcomingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I just finished editing this. I have been going back fixing up chapter. I will start writing the next one but it might not go up till tomorrow.

Comments! I also enjoy friends.... just hinting there c;