Waking Up with Headaches

I Swear This Time I Mean It

(Matt’s P.O.V)

The door to my house was unlocked as normal. The house was a mess and that would not change. Rambling around the closets I got clothes for Kayla and Abby then tossed into the car before going back for myself. Fresh set of clothes and a few other things and I headed back to Lily’s.

I came in the door silently bags covering my arms and hands. Laying them down next to the stair case I found my Wendy asleep on the couch.

“Lily, wake up” I said nudging my head into her shoulder. She moaned a turned with the blankets “That‘s it you are coming with me!” I said wrapping an arm by her back and shoulders and then by her knees. I lifted the light girl up, blanket and all, and headed down the hall of the first floor to her brother’s room.

She moaned madly as I put her gently on the hard bed. I rolled into the side her. She rolled over facing me with her eye still shut hiding from the world.

I knocked my forehead into hers as I search for her hand under the warm blanket. “You know I really am sorry right?” I asked. She nodded barely awake. “I love you, Lily Sands”

“I love you too Matt Flyzik” She smiled finally speaking. I peeked her lips gently as she wrapped her thin arms around my neck. I pulled her closer enjoying the time I had with her.

Trying not to be stupid, I left it alone at the kiss. I already knew that I might have to leave for awhile. There was just no way I could go back to school tomorrow. Too many stares and too many lies.

My mother’s sister lived in Massachusetts and told me that we are always welcomed there. I have thought about moving in there many times but it never came together. Since my father is ‘missing’ now it could finally be my chance to get away.

I know he can’t be missing. My best guess is that he is drinking or driving. Or both. He is a long distance trucker and spent most his time again. The second he gets pulled over, where ever he gets pulled over, he won’t be missing. He will come back in trouble and try to take it out on the girls before he ends up taking his drunken angry out on me.

Leaving was my best opinion at this point. Leaving Lily is my worst. I need to get my family away from this town and make the best for us. I could left Lily, my Wendy, she keeps me calm. I lie to her out of love. Hoping she ever finds the truth out.

She loved me before she knew my past and till loved me after she knew. Letting myself go too far will only end up hurting myself more then her. I need a plan before I totally fall for her. “Good night Tigerlily. Dream sweetly.” I said kissing her forehead as she barrowed herself under my chin.

(Jack‘s P.O.V.)

I walked down the hall way everyday that week alone. I cut myself off from everyone in a way. Alex hated me for ‘sleeping with Lily’ which was untrue. Rian was a bit awkward around me after hearing what happened. Then I have no clue what Zack’s deal was, he would just hug me and ran away without a word.

When we went to New York, we were just like Lily predicted, like lost puppies. Hopeless Records signed us and we have been going back and forth with mainly your parents to record.

The long sweaters hind the new scar I found myself making. Everyone seems to hate me, I was only second best, and I always fuck everything up for myself. It was all my fault.

Every time I tried speaking to Lily she gave me the bird and would say “Not today Barakat!”. Every time she said that there was a new scar on my arm. And a crack in my heart.

I called her each day, many times, only to be sent to voicemail. Each text ignored and it killed. About two weeks had past and I ran out of opinion. It was a week before Christmas and there was no way I couldn’t not talk to her!

Pulling my laptop onto the corner of my bed I opened my email. I had an email from John, it had been a long time since I talked to him.

‘Dear Jack, Lily must have used your computer because she found our emails. She will not email me back. I understand she might be mad at you but this is very important! Go to my house and into my room. Under my bed is a box with a Green Day sticker on it. Open the box and give Lily the necklace in the small green bag for Christmas. She will not be mad at you after. Trust me! And make sure to tell her I love her too. I might not get a chance to email you soon. I can’t tell you what but something is about to happen soon. Goodbye and good luck. Please don’t forget to tell Lily I love her. Her last email to me wasn’t that nice and if anything happens I want her to know I forgive her.’

My finger ran quickly over the keyboard pounding each key carefully ‘Of course! THAT IS WHY SHE HATES MY FUCKING GUTS! Ok I will tell her but what makes that necklace so special? And good luck and please just tell me you are coming back? Please!’

Once the email was out to the open I quickly headed over to Lily’s with a print of John‘s email. Luckily she was not home. Matt stayed at her house for sometime but moved in with Rian’s family and his sister were with his family. His dad was still missing. I felt bad for the kid but I heard he wanted to kill me. We shared small chats but other then that our friendship was fading.

I knock hardly on the red door of the house “WHO THE FUCK IS AT THE DOOR!” I heard someone yell on the other side of the door. With a turn of a lock and a swing of the door Ms. Sands took there with a cigarette hanging out her mouth. “Oh. Hello darling can I help you with something? How‘s your mother?”

“She‘s fine” Not bipolar like you “I just got an email from John telling me to get something out of his room for Lily. She isn‘t emailing him back” I held out the paper but she just stepped to the side without another look to her son’s words

She flicked her ashes to the ground and headed away “My kids are stupid! Take all his crap away!” I rolled my eyes at the crazy women feeling bad for Lily having to put up with that. Making my way to John’s room and pulling the box out from under the bed.

The box was fill of secret he must have wanted to hide. Drugs, letters, and the green bag. I pulled it out and shoved the box back under the bed before heading home.

~~~~~

It was Christmas Eve. The snow falling lightly from the sky as I alone watching Home Alone with May. Family dinner was over and my parents were out to an adult party.

“Jackie?” May said looking up at me.

“What?”

“I hate this movie, it is giving me a headache!”

YOU ARE NOT MY REAL SISTER YOU FLITLY WHORE! “Okay fine.” Sadly holding back tears as I changed the movie a uncomfortable noise over came my body. I turned to find May throwing up into a empty gift bag. “May! What‘s worse?” I asked running to little girl.

She continued throwing up as I rubbed her back gently. When she was done I took her upstairs and sat her into her bed. I pulled my phone out and called my parents in a panic. No answer. Ms. Sand is a nurse! I called Lily as I got voicemail once again.

Shaking in panic I left her a voice mail “Lily p-please pick up! I-I need your h-help! It‘s M-may! She-is-sick! I don‘t k-know what to do! Help me! No h-help her! Please!”

I rubbed my head as I headed down stair bring a empty pot to May. She was more calm then I was then there was a knock on the door. I ran down to open it to Lily.

“I am here for May. Not you!” She said showing herself in knocking her shoulder by mine. I followed behind as she sat on May’s bed starting to question her.

I hind in the doorway nervously biting onto my nail. Lily quickly got up and pulled on my t-shirt leading me down the stair. “Is she okay?” I asked as she pulled me into my own mess of a kitchen.

Shuffling her way to the to a cup of milk already out she replied “She is going to be fine. Give her this milk and give her a pain killer. She should be fine.”

“What if she throws up again?” I asked nervously taking the milk

“Don‘t panic! She is more scared then you are!” Lily told her shaking my shoulder. Her red scarf tangled around her neck and sighed “I will stay for May. But I am still mad at you”

I nodded before heading upstairs to May’s room with Lily. After ten minutes of focusing a pills down the toddle’s throat we started to watch a Christmas movie on the bedroom floor. May sat in between us, for the best.

By the end of the movie she had was out like a light. I gently laid the tiny girl onto her bed as we sneak out of the room.

“How did you get over here?” I yawned noticing Lily sliding her arms into her jacket.

She rubbed her eyes checking her phone “I walked.”

I cut her off from the path to the door and pushed her sleepy body onto the couch. “My parents can drive you home. Relax.” I told her yawning once more than looked at the clock. It was almost midnight. “Fuck! Stay right here!”

Running up the quickly I found the small green bag and ran back down stairs. Lily sat there quiet and shy like the first day I saw. She told the present as I handed it to her and sat next to her.

“I know you are mad at me and all but, John told me to give it to you.” I explained as she carefully opened the silk little baggy. She pulled out a golden chain necklace with a matching anchor on the end. Lily’s beautiful blue eyes filled with happy tears as she quickly wrapped her arms around my neck. I lost my grip on the edge of the seat and toppled to the floor.

She squeezed me tightly but I couldn‘t complain. She haven‘t said a word to me in a month and it was nice to hold her again. “Thank you Jack! You have no clue what this meanings to me.” She sniffed as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I brushed my finger over the tear. Her cheek burned a light pink as she grinned. God damn it she has a beautiful smile “Always smile, you are most beautiful when you smile.” I told her sweetly causing her to giggle like a fan girl. Biting hardly on my lips, I stop myself from wanting to kiss her. “You know I still love you” I said leaning partly out of the hug.

She nodded pulling herself away “I‘m sorry. I‘m just so happy.”

“Don‘t be sorry!” I teased her. I was just about to ask what about the necklace was so special when I heard the door unlock and my parents came in. We explained what happened to May and they drove Lily home.

I was happy May could bring us together. I was happy just to be her friend again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title- Mayday Parade: I Swear This Time I Mean It

I am sorry this a crappy chapter! I am so tried and just want to set up the next important part. I will put a shorter part up tomorrow maybe!

I saw ATL yesterday in Rhode Island and got a pick from Jack so that made me happy. Also read my friend's story! It is very good!
http://stories.mibba.com/read/408305/She-Was-The-Challange-Hed-Been-Waiting-for/

Love you beautiful readers<3