Waking Up with Headaches

Curved Kisses

(Lily‘s P.O.V.)

The golden anchor fell from the base of my neck with grace. It was once my grandmother’s. My grandfather gave it to her the night he leave for the navy. She never told it off once in her whole life. We had thought it was buried with her but later found out it wasn’t and started to believe it was lost.

I couldn’t even take it when Jack handed it to me. I was just so happy and it was getting harder to be mad at him and honestly if May did not get sick, I probably would have never gone over.

After the Christmas break I talked to Jack a little more at school. I wasn’t doing to well with my grades at first but since Matt was trying to graduate early I found myself studying with him more. My grades were rising and I had been to school more.

Reading the emails kind of scared myself. I had trying to eat more. Knowing what people were thinking about me kind of scared me. My head was just spinning in confusion.

This weekend the whole group was going to New York for the night. All Time Low put out an EP a bit back and now finally a their first Album so they were going to have our own little party in the city. Kara and Lisa was over to help me back. She knew nothing about that night at the battle. No one did.

“What about this?” Lisa asked pulling a old dress of mine out of my closet.

I sighed looking at the golden lace “I don‘t know isn‘t it a bit to over the top? What are you wearing?” She walked to bag and pulled a simply black dress out with a pair of matching heels “Yes! You dress so simple and want me to where that fancy thing!” I pointed out

“But it will look pretty on you! This is the only thing I look good in!” She mocked pushing the dress back into her over night bag. “Please just try it on! It will make your eyes stand out.”

I took the dress from her and shut the closet dress pulling the dress onto my curves. It felt tight and awkward on my skin. The strapless dress rubbed roughly on under my arms. “I don‘t like it!” I shouted from behind the door.

“Just let us see!” Kara called back. I cracked the door showing her the old flower lace short dress “You look so fucking pretty Lily! I bet Matt will go crazy for you all over again in that dress!” She said walking me and fixing the dress slightly “Or Jack. Neither one.”

I rolled my eyes. No matter how much I lied to her she wanted me to break up with Matt for Jack. I shoved her shoulder sitting down next to Lisa on my bed. “Fine Kara, what are you wearing?” She held up her red one shoulder dress and modeling in onto of her clothes. We nodded enjoying the dress on her.

Giving up I pulled the dress off and packed it into my bag. We did part of our hair then hind the curls into buns and packed the car. We were going to pick Julia up but she did not want to go for some reason.

We got to the city around five. It was amazing seeing the bright lights again and the crazy city crowds. I pulled my phone out and texted an old friend of mine. I was planning on just staying another night so I could caught up with my friends.

Once we got to the hotel most of the guys were there already. Jack and Zack were still on their way up with Katie. Matt and I quickly made our way to the room we were sharing for tonight. It was small but we wouldn’t be in it for the night that must.

I strolled over to the window overlooking the snow covered city. My heart blow the winter frost away being home. “Tigerlily, your phone is going off!” Matt shouted tossing me my phone.

I quickly picked it up without looking at the caller id. “Hello?” I asked foolishly into the phone

“LILY!” came a happy familiar scream from the other side of the line “What bring you home to New York? You have to come over! I have missed you so much Lillian!”

“Hi Audrey, and I hate when you call me Lillian.” I told the excited teen. “I am here with some friends. We are going out tonight but I can hang out tomorrow with tomorrow if you want?”

Matt over listening to the conversation butted in “Tell her to come with us!”

I nodded to the idea and told Audrey “Or you can over and out with us tonight?” A high pitched tone shatter my ear “Calm down Audrey! I’m telling it was a yes?” More loud noises answered my question. “Okay! I will take a taxi over to your house and we can met up with my friends.”

“Okay Lillian! I love you! Hurry up!” She said. I quickly hung the almost broken phone back and gapped my bag with my wallet in it.

“Want to come met Audrey?” I asked Matt hugging him.

He pecked my lips lightly “Sure why not. Where are we heading?”

Running over memories in my head I remembered her address “Soho” I smiled heading to the door. Matt followed as we jumped in the elevator. We held hands as we walked outside into the bitter cool air. Matt pulled me closer under his arm as we stole a cab from another couple already getting out. I told the Indian driver the address as we headed to the shopping area of the city.

Audrey’s home was a huge apartment onto of one of the stores. Most of my friend’s were rich when I lived in New York. I was always that girl on a scholarship. Audrey did not care much about that and had been my first friend since I moved there.

Pulling onto Matt’s hand I lead him to the door with a staircase behind. We headed up the stairs as I told Matt more about Audrey. We came to the top where there were two red doors. I knocked on the one to the left and I no time at all it swung open.

The blonde hair beauty attacked me into a hug. Her brown eyes filled with joy. She cheered happily then noticed I wasn’t alone. “Hi I‘m Audrey!” She said shaking hands with Matt “I am guessing you are her boyfriends”

“Yea. I’m Matt” He laughed shaking back. Then gave me a confused look. The girl knew me to well even after all this time. Audrey welcomed us inside. I took Matt’s hand leading him around the large apartment and to her room. Her was the size of a normal person’s apartment. It always made me sick to think why she needed so much space.

“So where are we going tonight?” Audrey asked heading to a mirror to fix herself up.

Unknowingly I look to Matt. “Alex said I can‘t tell you. It‘s a surprise.” He explained sitting down on a pink chair in the teen’s room.

“Well what should I wear?” Audrey asked peeking her head out of the closet. I followed her in leaving Matt.

I sighed ruffling around her beautiful dresses “Wear this. The other girls and I are dressing up in something like this.” I handed her a hot pink dress I knew she must have brought just liking the color. My trick was we always hung out was to get her what I hated. For best friends we could not be anymore different.

The blonde hair girl closed the closet door and slide off her yoga pants and tank top. Naturally I turned and faced the wall hiding my jealous rage. “What do you think?” I turned around to see the pink dress fitting her perfectly showing off her tiny waist.

“Look nice” I said swallowing the positive insult in my head. “Just put a coat over and you can do your makeup back at our room.” I told her sliding out of the walk in closet. Matt was exploring the room looking like a deer in headlights.

“What is with Audrey and the color pink?” He mocked quietly wrapping his arms around my waist. I shrugged and briefly peck his lips. “I got a surprise for you tonight” He teased.

Feeling awkward I pulling myself out of his arms and head over to the bed side. “And what is that?”

He shrugged leaning over me as I sat on the bed. “You‘ll find out.” Kissing me once more this time a bit more tenderly. My skin started to crawl curving for another kiss. I pulled lightly onto his skirt slipping a little tongue before he pulled away. I felt a little heart broken then, “Just wait for tonight” He said with a heart breaking wink.

I shoved him away playful as Audrey walked out holding a small makeup bag. We left as Matt kept his arm tightly around me. When we got back to the hotel we found Kara and Rian in the lobby. Matt and Rian spilt up going to find the rest of the guys. We headed up stairs to Matt and I’s room.

Kara called Lisa and Katie to come get ready with us but Lisa was busy with Alex and just Katie came. Audrey quickly found Katie’s colorful hair much fun and started curling it and chatting with her. I sat on the edge by the window ready and just waiting a few minutes to put my dress on.

Over looking this city is a beautiful gift. As the sun sets each light begins to twinkle like a star. When the sun shines down the streets painting a golden orange shade no one pays much attention too. Its calming. Almost blissful.

“Lillian!” Audrey yelled from the open bathroom door. “Put your dress on! We are taking photos!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm sorry! I'm just fucking sorry! I meant to update sooner but didn't get to it.

I will type more tonight and see what I can do tomorrow. This 'surprise' which really isn't a surprise at all might last longer than I thought.

I need help, -Tell me what you think about Audrey -Lily and Matt -Jack and his problem -And if I end this soon do you want a sequel??? (I am over half way done with the plot so it will be ending within 10 or so chapters...