Waking Up with Headaches

Playing with Matches

(Jack's P.O.V.)

"Jack wake up!"

I jumped up in my bed and rubbed my eye in shock. My mom was standing at the end of my bed holding a letter.

"What time is it?" I asked sleepily and confessed

"Time for you to go back to sleep, you look terriable. How do you feel?"

I sat for a while and to think. Stomach hurts, think i'm going to throw up, head kills, legs are shaken, and my heart felt like it was going to give out.

"I'm fine." I lied

"You sure?"

I nodded which just hurt my head more.

I took the letter and put it on my bed to get ready. I couldn't more fast without my head feeling like it was going to fall off.

By the time Rian got to my house I was ready to go. I tossed a bottle of water and aspirin in my bag and walked outside.

"Jack you look like shit. Go to bed!" he yelled from the car

"I'm not missing school."

I went to gap the car door held but it was locked

"Rian open the door."

"No your fucking sick. I'm not getting sick."

"Rian please open the door."

"No go inside and go to bed you're too sick."

I looked at him and tried to think of what to say. I wanted to go back inside and sleep whatever this was away. I just can't fuck up like I did yesterday. "I said please."

"Jack please go to bed."

"No Rian. I'm not missing school."

"No you just don't want to miss Lily. You hate school. Go to bed I'm leaving."

"I don't miss Lily! I am not sick and I am going to school"

"Not in this car." Rian started the car and pull out of the driveway. I gave him the finger on his way out.

I took the bus for the first time in three years. It was me and all freshman. Loud, stupid, weird freshman. I know I was one of them, fuck I'm still loud stupid and weird just two years olders.

I got to school and found Rian, Kara, and Zack in the cafe.

"What the fuck are you doing?" said Rian when I got into his sight.

"I'm going to class. I told you I couldn't miss school."

"Jack you look like shit." Zack said giving me an awkward look from over his shoulder

"Thanks Zack. You look lovely today too." I said slapping him in the back of the head.

"Shut up both of you!" Kara started, "He clearly came to school sick as a dog just to see Lily! She just went to her locker Jack."

"I'm not here to see Lily. I... umm...." I frooze

"Just go fucking find her already and make kissey faces." said Rian pointing to the hallway

"I hate all of you. And I don't like her so please shut up! My head is about to fall off my shoulders."

I walked out not listening or caring about what they had to say behing me. I took the long way to Lily's locker so they wouldn't tease me about it later.

When I turned around the corner Lily was standing at her locker talking to Alex.

Fuck. My heart is running. Why do I like her so much? It's killing me.

(Lily's P.O.V.)

"Hey Lily!" I turned away from Alex to see a smiling Jack

"See ya in class!" said Alex as he walked away

Jack looked terriable. Cute but, terriable. He's eyes were bloodshot and dry. He's face pale but, happy.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yea I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm good. But really Jack are you okay? You look sick."

"I'm fine! Just a little light headed that all."

I put my hand to his forehead. "Jack you're burning up!"

"I'm fine! I'm not sick."

"No Jack, don't be stupid."

"I'm staying here I'm fine."

"No I'm taking you home now Jack Rabbit."

"How are you going to take me home? You don't have a car."

I pulled a pair of keys out of my bag and shaked it in front of his face.

"My brother let me take his car. He went camping for the week."

He smilied and gave out a little giggle. I took his hand and pulled him to my brothers truck outside. He helped me find my way to his home.

When I got to his house push him upstair and onto his bed.

"Need anything before I go?" I asked rubbing his arm. He liked like shit. I wouldn't tell him like that but, I am all most scare to leave in fear he might just die! That's how bad he look.

"No. I think I'll be fine now." he said softly.

I got up. I kissed his forehead before headed for the door.

"Wait. Can you just stay awhile? I don't want to be alone."

"Of course I'll stay Jack Rabbit." I layed down next to him and looked at the ceiling. His eyes were closed but, he was still smiling. I looked back to the ceiling.

As I started drifting away I felt Jack gap my hand. I looked at our hands. Fingers interlocked next to eachothers. It made me smirk

I looked over to Jack. Who had his eyes open now looking at me smiling back. We giggled at eachother. I leaned over and put my forehead next to his.

I closed my eyes just wishing I could stay like this forever. In this moment. In this place. Just with Jack. Forever.

I want to kiss him so bad but, I don't want to ruin something that could be an awesome friendship. Yet on the other hand, I don't want to miss a great relationship with this perfect guy!

Fuck friendship. I need love.

But before I could even lean in for a kiss he bet me to punch.

He kissed me tenderly on the lips.

"I swear to god Jack Rabbit if you get me sick I'll kill you."

"No promises." He laughed and kissed me again. This time he put his free hand on my lower back and pulled me close to him. Our hands came undone. He put his hand on the back of neck .I put my hands on his cheeks pulling his lips closer to mine.

I think I'm in love. Being with him and kissing him just feels so right to me. Each kiss just left me dieing to another. I couldn't even tell you just how right it feels being with him.

At this point I don't think we were kissing as much as we were making out. We pulled away for a second.

I looked over at clock on wall. 10:43.

"Crap. I got to go Jack!" I said jumping up and pulling myself together.

"Already?"

"Jack, i've been here three hours!"

He pulled me and my panic into a hug. I felt like butter in his arms. I looked up at him.

"Get out of here." He said taking my chin and taking me into a goodbye kiss.

~~~~~~

When I got to school I sneaked into lunch. What did I do back there. What it was or we are I don't regret it. I don't know if I should tell people or just shut up about it.

"Someone is late today!" said Kara with a smiled as I joined them at the table.

"Just a little..." I teased her as I took a seat at to Matt

"Why so late?" he asked

"No reason." I started to blush

"Your blushing, someone things up!" Matt teased

"Nothing happened."

"Where's Barakat? Did he go home alreadly, he looked like shit this morning" asked Rian

"Yea I drove him home."

"That's why she's blushing! She must have had a Barakat sandwich for lunch!" shouted Zack from across the table.

"Shut up Zack! She doesn't have to answer that! Stop being an ass!" Julia yelled at him

"Yea Zack stop being an ass!" Rian joked

"You too Rian!" Kara added in, "You two had been killing Jack and I'm sick of listening to this bullshit!"

Fuck, a fight was about to start. I spaced out from this awkward fight and looked over at Matt and Alex. Matt was happily texting away under the table. Alex looked scared sitting next to Zack and Julia yelling at eachother and on the otherside Rian and Kara yelling at eachother.

'What happened?' Alex mouthed over to me

'Nothing!' I mouthed back but knew I was smiling far to big

'You fucking liar! Tell me!'

I nodded no. He gave me a bird. I made my hands into a heart. He made a heart too then broke it. Then I found myself giving him the bird.

We laughed which much had caught Kara attention because they stopped fighting. Zack and Julia on the other hand was like World War II but, Hilter would be scared fighting with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
note: I am so tried. I got out of this sucky writer's block and this took me all day to get done. please enjoy it. it's late so sorry if the editing isn't that great. I'll try to have chapter 4 up by tomorrow!