Waking Up with Headaches

Lies and Scars

I started doodling away in french class. I hate french. If Jack, Rian, Matt, Julia, and Alex weren't in my class I'd be in Spanish right now.

Of course me and my teen-aged bullshit doodled a heart. What else?

I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind. Alex sat behind me and handed me a paper ripped out of a notebook.

'Tell me!' Alex wrote on the paper with a red pen

'No! Because nothing happened!'

'Lies! Everyone knows something happened. You looked like a cherry at lunch every time someone said Jack. If you don't tell me I'll find out from Jack.'

I didn't know what to write back. He handed me another note.

'If you change your mind call me later' then he's number was on the bottom. I tossed the note in my bag.

Crap I still need to call Kara later. The bell rang stopping my mind from going on. Thank god, school was over.

"Hey where you two going?" said Rian stopping Alex and I from leaving.

"Home?"

"Nuh, you're hanging out with all us today. Right Flyzik?"

"Yea come on it will fun." said Matt adding in

"Well I'm in. I got nothing to do anyway." said Alex.

I paused and looked at them.

"Kara's going." said Rian

"What the hell. Why not."

We walked to the front of the school were you met up with Kara and Zack.

Rian, Kara, Alex, and I got in Rian's car. Zack, Matt, and Julia got into Zack's car. I didn't know where we were going or how long we would be there.

"Did you guys want to stop by Jack's and check on him?" asked Rian

"Yea, I think we should." said Kara. I stayed quiet wanting for someone to say something about Jack and I. I knew it was on everyone mind but, no one said anything.

We got to Jack's house and knocked on the door. It looked like no one was home.

Rian knocked even harder on the door.

"I'M FUCKING COMING CALM THE FUCK DOWN!" yelled Jack from inside.

He opened the door hiding under a large blanket. His face peaked out of blanket glowing white. If he was any sicker he'd be green.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he said looking at Rian

"Checking up on ya, I got your girlfriend with me too." he said pointing back on at me and walking inside.

"Did you tell them?" Jack asked quietly to me.

"No. Nothing."

"Okay let's not."

Let's not? What? Why not!

"She isn't my girlfriend!" Jack said sitting down on the couch. I sat down on a other couch next to Alex. Zack and the rest came in after us.

"You going to be okay by the party Saturday?" asked Kara

What party? I know I'm new but, I guess I don't know shit about what's going on. I wonder if Alex knew.

"I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll be fine. I called my parents and they said to stay home for the rest of the week."

"Can you practice tomorrow?" asked Zack

"Nuh, I can't even hold my hand up without shaking. If you a guitarist to practice with, I sure Alex could help you out. If you don't mind Alex."

"No not that all, no problem." Alex adding in

"So where you heading?"

"We were thinking about taking them to spot but, I think we should wait till you feel better. It's always crazier when you're there." said Rian pointing over at Alex and I.

I looked over at Jack. He had a weird look on his face. Then he pulled himself up and walked out of the room.

A few silent moments passed then we could hear him throwing up in hopefully the bathroom.

It's Jack he could have walked into his parents room and thrown up before even thinking about going to the bathroom.

"I'll go check on him." said Rian jumping off the couch and walking into the hall.

It was really awkward sitting there with nothing to say and not wanting to hear Jack throwing up.

If I wasn't kind of mad about him saying "Okay let's not" about telling them we made out, I would just stay here and help him.

I send my mom a quick text saying I'll be home for dinner before Rian came back.

"Umm, I think we need to take him to the emergency room." said Rian with a hint of fear in his voice.

~~~~~

(Jack's P.O.V.)

Rian took me to the emergency room. Back at the room when I was throwing up it was almost blood.

I can't really think straight. I just want to sleep but I can't. I was till in my clothes from this morning skinny jeans and a hoodie. I do regret skinny jeans. That's not going to be fun to take off.

The nurse came over and said I had a temp of 112. I called my parents and they are coming after work because they can't get out early. Dickhead boss.

If my temp doesn't go down I'll have to stay the night.

It was almost five now. Lily, Alex, Rian, and, Kara were all till here. They felt bad about leaving.

Julia is a bitch so I'm glad she left. Then Matt and Zack parents suck.

It was awkward being with Lily in front of everyone after this morning. I hope I didn't get her sick. I really like her.

I just don't want everyone to know. Everyone been asshole to me about liking her I don't need bullshit about it anymore.

I never teased Rian or Zack about their girlfriends. I always wanted a relationship like theirs. I just feel like I can't have one around them anymore.

"You guys should really left." I said to break the silence.

"We don't want to leave you like this." said Alex shyly in a chair.

"I'm going to pass out, my parents are coming, I'm on a great pain killer right now so I think I'll be fine. Please go I already feel like I ruined your nights."

Which was true whatever this pain killer was had me feeling like a unicorn.

I had to argue with Alex a little to leave. I'm guessing he doesn't deal with sick people or something well.

"Lily, can I talk to you real quick?" I asked as everyone was starting to leave.

"Sure,"

"I'm sorry about what I said back at the home. I didn't want the guys to know about early because, I want to tell them." fuck I was already lying

"Okay I get that."

"Lily, I really like you." That was a lie.

"I like you too Jack." Her smile was so amazing. Weird, it kind of reminded me of Rian.

"Now get out of here!" I joked. She kissed my forehead and left.

Alex came in right after she walked out the door.

"Sorry dude I forgot my phone." he said walking over to chair closest to me.

I saw the phone on the ground. Even worst I saw a large scar on Alex's wist. My heart dropped.

"Alex what the fuck is that!" I jumped up pointing at his hand.

"My phone?" he said holding up his hand. I gaped his arm and pulled up his sleeve.

I hadn't even noticed till now he wore long sleeves or howdies everyday. To hind all the large cutter scars on his arms. Most of them looked fresh.

He pulled his arm back and rolled his sleeve down.

"Don't tell anyone please."

"Why Alex? Why are you a cutter?"

"I got to go." He walked quickly out of the room hinding his face and his hands deep in his pockets.

I didn't have an energy to stop him... or a phone to get Rian to talk to him! DAMN IT!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi it's me! Sorry this took so long! And that this story is pretty shitty. I PROMISE I'LL MAKE UP FOR IT!!! JUST WAIT! And for all the Alex fans sorry! I'll put out another chapter as soon as I can!