Status: Active

Hogwarts? What Kind of School Name Is That?

New Friends new school what could go wrong?

As I walked threw Diagon Ally I sighed. There was really nothing to do in here, my parents where getting my things and the only thing I had to do was walk around bored. I was carrying an umbrella it was raining lightly. I saw a guy around my age walking around with a girl and another guy. I pushed my glasses up and walked over to them. “Hello” I said shifting from foot to foot.

“Hello” said the guy with dark brown hair and round glasses. I held out my hand and he shook it. “I’m Harry Potter” he looked at his friends. “This is Hermione, and Ron.”

“Cool. I’m Lark Smith.” I took my hat off in greeting. Harry, Hermione and Ron looked like they where waiting for something. I put my hat back on and looked confused. “I’m from America?”

“That’s it?” Harry asked. I nodded “No ‘oh my god its Harry Potter!’?” he asked. I shook my head. Wondering why he would say that, Hermione look kind of interested when I said I was from America.

“Why would I do that?”

“Because I’m the boy that lived… The chosen one.” He said in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Way to go?” Harry sighed and ran his fingers threw his hair.

“So where are you from in America?” Hermione asked. I looked at her and smiled. I closed my umbrella because it stopped raining, I leaned on it for support.

“I’m from Illinois. Which part? northern part. What city or town? Chicago!” I said proudly. Oh I was so proud of where I came from. The only thing I didn’t like is when people added a S nose to Illinois. “So are you guys going to Hogwarts?” they nodded and jumped up with happiness. “Yay. Are you guys going into your sixth year too?” they nodded again. Can I get another jump of happiness? I think yes! Ron laughed and I tried to control my happiness. Soon me and the guys and girl got along verily well. Soon they had to go because Ron’s mom wanted to spend some time with them. My parents where still out shopping.
I leaned against a building and a boy with light blonde hair and gray eyes walked over to me. “What are you doing?” he asked sounding a tad bit annoyed. I shrugged and stood up straight.

“Oh you know baking a cake.” I said smiling, he rolled his eyes clearing annoyed now. “Well Mr. Sunshine. I am the infamous Lark Smith.” I bowed.

“Draco Malfoy” He didn’t bow what a shame.. “Your American?”

“What gave it away? My accent? Or or I know you’ve never seen a gal like me around these parts huh?”

“Your accent.” He said very annoyed. A girl came bounding up behind him and hugged his arm tightly.

“Draco why are you talking to someone like her?” she asked. She didn’t look at all like someone who would be dating Mr. Malfoy. Maybe a sister? Cousin? 2nd cousin twice removed?

“Not now Pansy.” I snickered at her name she gave me a death glare. I laughed and started to walk away when I saw my parents waving for me to walk over to them.

“Well see you later Draco.” I skipped over to my parents.

(her outfit http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=36678560)

I sighed as I pulled my stuff onto the train. My mother had tears in her eyes. I sighed and kept pulling my stuff on the train. “Have Fun Larky dear!” my mother yelled quite loud may I add. Something grabbed my trunk and pulled it up I turned and saw Harry smiling.
“Here let me help you. He grabbed pulled my trunk to a compartment. I heard my dad yell “stay out of trouble!” I sighed and followed Harry. Harry put my trunk on a rack above our heads.

“Thank you Harry.” I said gratefully.

“No problem.” He opened looked at the others. “Can Lark sit with us?” they nodded and Harry and I both sat/fell on the seat.

“So what house are you guys in?” I asked them. I heard many children stalk about what houses they wanted to be in. Oh by they way the others where Hermione and Ron.
“Gryffindor.” they said in union. Someone stopped in the door way of the compartment and there was a sound of disgust. I turned and saw Draco.

“Ah hello there Draco. Or um Pansy’s boy toy.” I smiled at him. He looked at me in shook his head.

“Thought you would be better then hanging around with Potter and his friends.” Draco looked pretty mad.

“Why’d you call Harry by his last name?” I asked confused.

“Shut it Smith.” He walked away in disgust.

“Does he have trouble with peoples first names? Or does he have a obsession with last names?” I asked them. They laughed a little and shook their heads.

“Hey Lark what happened to your cute clothes?” Ron asked. I looked down at what I was wearing. Really different from what I was wearing the other day. I laughed.

“Oh yeah my mom picked those out because I was to lazy to get up and it takes me a while to chose what I want to wear.” Ron nodded, as the train started off to Hogwarts.

“So what up with the wolves?” asked Ron. Hmm he took interest in what I wear.

“I love wolves their like always best friends for life! Unless you do something stupid to the pack. Sadness…” I told him. “Aw man now I miss my cute little doggy at home..”

“What kind of dog do you have?” Harry asked.

“English mastiff. Oh how I love that dog.” Hermione looked at me like I was crazy.
“Uh Lark those dogs are anything but little..” I looked at her pretending to be hurt.
“He is little to me!” I put a hand over my heart acting dramatic. I laughed and smiled.

“You have a pretty smile..” Ron said. I looked at him and started to laugh even more.

“Yeah sure.” I pulled my hair in a ponytail.

“Is your hair natural?” Harry asked me. He must of saw the tiny brown roots sticking out.

“Sadly.. No. its naturally brown but I dyed it a reddish brown. And these green eyes are just contacts. I took my glasses off and took the contacts out putting them in their little case. I put my glasses back on and looked at them smiling. “See brown eyes.”

As the train ride went on I found out that we all had a lot in common. Soon we where at Hogwarts and I was sorted into Gryffindor and Draco didn’t seem to like it.
Whats this kids deal?!

outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=36681530
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you like it?
Do you fellow Illinois lovers hate when people add the S?