Status: Inactive.

Unwhispered Words

Thirteen.

Image

Draco smirked, and it took everything in my inner being to not get up and smack him right then and there. He began to stroll towards us casually, Crabbe and Goyle right behind him. I felt Harry move against me, and I knew he was grabbing his wand, just in case Malfoy tried anything. I knew he wouldn’t. Crabbe and Goyle were both too thick to battle alongside him. They’d probably hurt Draco rather than Harry. Plus, Harry was definitely a better dueler than Draco. Everybody knew it too. Draco isn’t that dumb to try him, especially with me here.

“Draco, did you follow us here?” I hissed at him. “Don’t you think that’s a little, I don’t know, stalkerish?”

He chuckled, his eyes never leaving mine. It was like he was trying to pierce my soul or something. Nothing but an abyss of icy gray and blue, sucking me in once again.. Dammit Charlotte, snap out of it!

I shook my head, leaning back against Harry just to assure myself that this all wasn’t just a dream, and it was really happening. He instantaneously wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. Draco’s eyes narrowed.

“What brings you out to this neck of the woods, Potter? Can’t afford to take your girlfriend out on a real date?”

Did I detect a hint of jealousy in his voice? Oh my, is Draco jealous of Harry??

“Frankly, that’s none of your business, Malfoy.”

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Draco laughed.

“If you’re truly that interested in knowing, Draco, Harry knows how I feel towards material things, and I would prefer this date over anything that you could possibly come up with, even if you had all the money in the world.” I snapped.

“You’d be surprised by what money can buy, Charlotte, if you know where to go.” He winked.

What in the name of Merlin?! Did he really just wink at me?

By this point I could practically feel the anger radiating off Harry, and all I could do was hope that he didn’t do anything foolish. That would only be playing into Draco’s little game.

“I think it would be in your best interest to leave now, Draco.”

“I think it would be in your best interest to leave this prat and be with a real man. Now, if I listen to you, does that mean you’ll listen to me?”

“Think you’re funny, do ya? Get lost Malfoy.”

Draco smiled. “Not without her.” He presented his hand out to me. Did he really expect me to go with him?

“You’re barking mad!” Harry exclaimed. Oh, if looks could kill right now..

“Why don’t we just let Charlotte make up her mind on her own, Potter? Charlotte?”

I honestly didn’t know what to say. I was at a loss for words. Is this really happening right now? All I could do was gape at him. He couldn’t possibly be serious about this. Was he trying to be humiliated? He knew I would pick Harry. Didn’t he?

“Yeah right, Malfoy. Like she would ever want anything to do with you.”

“You may find yourself surprised, Potter, by what she may or may not want.”

“You’re crazy, Draco. Why are you doing this?”

He leaned in towards me and whispered “Because we both know who you really want to be with.”

“I want to be with Harry. If I didn’t want to be with him, I wouldn’t be with him, plain and simple. If I wanted to be with you, I would be with you. It’s not that hard to comprehend. Maybe if you weren’t such an ass all the time, you would understand that. All you think about is yourself. You’re an ass. You’re a prat. I don’t want you. Why would I? You’re cruel. No thank you. Go away.”

Draco recoiled, pulling his hand back and stepping away from me. Harry pressed his lips against my neck, trying to suppress his laughter. Draco’s mouth hung open, speechless. I guess he really did expect me to leave with him..

I instantly felt guilt began to build up in my chest. I am not a mean person. He had never even done anything to me. What I just said to him was so cruel. Why would I speak to him like that? Where did all of that even come from?

Half of it was a lie. I did want Draco. I wasn’t going to lie to myself anymore. I had the hots for him and there was no way I would be able to fight it any longer. I just have to accept it and move past it.

Draco looked so downtrodden; he even looked genuinely hurt. Oh my. I’m an awful person.

“Very well then.” He turned and quickly paced away, Crabbe and Goyle hurrying to keep up with him.

“That was amazing, Charlotte. Dinner and a show.”

I turned to Harry, my eyes wide. “Oh, Harry, I feel absolutely awful. I’m so mean!”

“What are you talking about? It’s only Draco Malfoy. He deserved it!”

“Only Draco Malfoy? Harry! He’s a human being too!”

I pulled away from him, standing up. “I need to go apologize.”

“Charlotte, no. He’s not worth it.”

“Harry, I won’t be able to live with myself if I don’t apologize to him. I’m sorry, I’ll be right back.”

I turned away from him, quickly hurrying in the same direction Draco had taken only moments before. As I rounded a tree, I caught a glimpse of his blonde hair.

“Draco, wait!” I called, quickening my pace. He came into view again, and I was shocked to see that he was alone.

“What do you want?” he questioned as I approached.

“I came to apologize.”

“Why, you obviously said how you feel about me, and why apologize for that? You can’t help how you feel, right?”

Wow, I had really gotten under his skin..

“Draco, that’s not how I feel at all. I was just angry that you barged in on my date. You’re so arrogant and you don’t even realize it. It makes me so mad. I promise, I didn’t mean those things I said. I feel awful, and it only happened no more than ten minutes ago. That should tell you right there that I didn’t mean them. Plus, I have too much pride as it is, and you don’t realize how hard it is for me to be apologizing to you right now.”

I took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, Draco. I mean it.”

He looked around, taking in everything I had just said, before looking directly into my eyes.

“You promise?”

“Yes, Draco, I swear.”

He nodded, acknowledging my pledge.

“Fuck it.”

Before I had a chance to ask what he meant, Draco crashed his lips against mine, pulling me against him, one arm around my waist, the other dug into my hair. I moaned against his lips, kissing him back with just as much force, pressing myself closer to him.

I don’t know how much time passed before we pulled away, but when we did, I was breathless. I gazed up into his eyes, and I couldn’t help but smile.

That’s when I realized what I had just done, and the smile slowly slipped off my lips.

Holy shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally a little Draco action for you guys!

Hope you liked it! (: