Status: Active

Beautiful Mistake

Chapter Eleven

We all started to eat as my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and flipped it open.

I see you


I smiled and looked out the open window to see David on his bus at the red light. He was hanging out the window as Chuck tried to drag him back in. I laughed and waved, blowing him a kiss. Kevin looked out at David and his jaw dropped.

"Is he crazy?" He hissed. I laughed harder and nodded.

"He has ADD." I said, explaining his hyperness.

"Isn't it cute?" Ash giggled. Kevin's smile faded a little at her comment.

"Sometimes." I said, watching Kevin. "Sometimes it gets unbelievably annoying." I said and Kevin looked at me. We finished eating and headed to the back room to watch a movie. Ashley sat next to Kevin, Nick on Kevin's other side and I ended up sitting next to Joe. I was a little hesitant because I thought he was still mad at me.

"Chrissie?" He whispered as the more started.

"Hmm?" I replied tiredly.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier." He apologized. I smiled.

"It's ok." I yawned. He wrapped his arm around me so I could lay against his chest and soon I was asleep.

When I woke up I was in my bunk and we were still moving. I yawned, stretched and climbed out of my bunk. I went down to find Frankie and Kevin having a thumb war, Nick and Ashley battling at guitar hero, and Joe was sitting at a laptop in the kitchen/table area. I went over and sat across from him. He looked up and smiled.

"Hey, sleeping beauty." He said and I smiled.

"Hi." I said quietly. "Did you bring me upstairs?" I asked and he nodded, typing on the keypad.

"You're lighter than I expected." He said, chuckling. I smiled.

"Where are we?" I asked, yawning.

"About an hour from the venue." He said. I finished the yawn squeaking and he laughed at me.

"Joeee." I whined.

"I'm sorry-that was just so cute." He said, still laughing.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I joked. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out. I had five messages from David.

"So-who's this David guy?" He asked almost casually.

"He's from Canada. He's really good friends with Charlie and that's how I met them." I explained.

"Them?"

"Him, and the rest of his band, Simple Plan. There's Pierre, Chuck, Seb, Jeff, and the camera guy-Pat. I call him Paterick and he calls me Dina. They're like my big brothers." I said.

"Dina?" He repeated, looking thoroughly confused.

"Chrisdina." I said. "It's just a stupid joke." I said, waving my hand.

"It's cute." He said. I smiled.

"So what are you doing?" I asked, motioning to the computer.

"Checking our myspace." He said. "You should add us." He said, glancing up at me. I shook my head.

"I don't have one." I said, glancing out the window.

"Why not?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I wouldn't have had a way to check it-it seems kind of pointless, to be honest." I said.

"Well-it's a good way for our fans to keep in touch with us." He explained.

"That's not the pointless part. The pointless part is all the stupid drama it causes. I've had friends want to kill each other because of it." I said and he nodded.

"Do you also think that myspace makes………" He looked around. "Sluts?" He whispered. I laughed.

"No. They'd be sluts without myspace." I laughed. "That's just an excuse for sucky parents to explain why their fourteen year old daughter is pregnant with some twenty three year old's kid." I said and he laughed.

"Good point." We sat around for a while and surprisingly an hour passed pretty fast with Joe and soon we had pulled into the venue parking lot. We got our assigned parking spot and drove around looking for it. The bus we had parked next to was My Chemical Romance's bus. I smiled to myself. The bus shut off and Frankie ran past us.

"Can we get off?" He shouted. I chuckled.

"Yes-in one second. Joseph-walk around with your little brother." Denise instructed. He rolled his eyes.

"I want Chrissie to!" Frankie whined.

"We both can, how's that, bud?" I asked. He nodded happily. I slipped on my vans, and we headed off the bus. The two let me exit first and two seconds after my feet touched the ground someone jumped on my back and I screamed loudly. Everyone came running off the bus and I heard a very distinct, high pitched laugh.

"David!" I yelled. He giggled hysterically and let go.

"Everything alright?" Charlie asked, stepping down. "Oh, hey, Dave."

"Hey, Charlie. I'm kidnapping your niece." He said.

"You can't. I'm hanging out with Joe and Frank-the-tank." I said, pointing to them. He waved. "This is Kevin, Nick, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas, you know Charlie, and this is Ashley." I introduced. He waved energetically. She smiled.

"Well, do you mind if I tag along?" He asked Joe. Joe just shrugged. I looked at him, but he wouldn't meet my eyes. Frankie took my hand and then took Joe's. I smiled as David walked on the other side. We walked around for a bit, Joe was being extra quiet.

"Joe-come here!" Frankie yelled, pulling him away. I watched them walk away, Joe glanced over his shoulder at me then they disappeared. David nudged my arm, grinning.

"What?" I laughed.

"Sooooomeboooody's got a crush." He teased. I pushed him lightly.

"You're crazy."

"Ok-let's review-he got all quiet when I asked to come along, wouldn't looked at you, hasn't spoken since I've been with you. He just looked at you until he couldn't see you anymore." He smirked.

"So? That doesn’t mean anything." I said.

"You're blind." He laughed. After a while we realized that they probably weren't coming back-so we continued to walk around for a while. We were by Green Day's bus, talking to Billie Joe when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered, taking a few steps away to not be rude.

"Hey, Chris-come on back-we're going out for dinner." Charlie said.

"Alright." I hung up and walked back. "Dave-I have to go back." I said quietly.

"Alright-I'll walk you." He smiled. Billie Joe hugged me good bye and we headed back for my bus. He hugged me good bye. "I'll see you tomorrow, baby." I smiled and stepped on the bus. I headed towards the back room and sat next to Joe. He looked at me. I smiled.

"Sorry we didn't get to walk around like we were supposed to." I said. He nodded. "You ok?" I asked, facing him. He shrugged. "Wanna talk to me about it?" I asked.

"Not really." He muttered. I bit my lip.

"Is it 'cause of something I did?" I asked nervously. He looked at me wide-eyed.

"No. It's just…stupid. Not even worth mentioning." He said quietly. I linked my arm with his and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm a good listener. If you ever just have to vent-I'm here." I offered. He chuckled and Kevin, Nick and Ashley looked up.

"Thanks, Chris." He said, gently resting his head on mine.

"Anytime, Joe." I smiled, closing my eyes. After a few short minutes we were there.

"Uno's ok for everyone?" Mr. Jonas asked through the bus. We all answered yes and climbed off. I wasn't feeling very hungry. We sat down and I started to feel dizzy. I was seated between Joe and Ashley and across from Charlie and Nick. I closed my eyes and took a few deep, quiet breaths.

"You alright?" Joe whispered. I nodded. "For some reason I don't believe you."

"Just dizzy-I'll be fine." I said and he gently took my hand underneath the table. I smiled and flipped absent mindedly through the menu, all my thoughts on Joe's hand in mine. He began to rub tiny circles on the back of my hand, relaxing me.

"What are you getting?" Ashley asked.

"I have no clue." I said and everyone laughed.

"Get this." Joe suggested, pointing at an item-it was an appetizer. I smiled at him. The waiter came over and we all ordered. Joe continued to hold my hand.

We finished eating and headed back for the bus. Someone had put on the air conditioner and after a while I was starting to get cold. We were sitting in the back of the bus watching a movie. I was resting against Joe and I began to shiver noticeably.

"I'll be right back." Joe whispered. I nodded and sat up. He went up to the bunk area and came back down a few minutes later with a hoodie and a blanket. He handed me the hoodie and helped me put it on. He gently pulled me back against his chest, covering me with his blanket and wrapped his arm around me. I inhaled his scent and closed my eyes-relaxed. Kevin put in another movie after the first one finished and after that one ended-it was late so everyone said goodnight, heading up to the bunks, leaving me and Joe downstairs.

"Thank you." I whispered, moving closer.

"For what?" He asked, tightening his grip.

"Helping me at dinner, letting me use your hoodie and blankets." I said.

"It's no problem." He said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked quietly.

"Of course."

"Why were you upset earlier? Unless you don't want to talk about it-I won't push it."

"I got in trouble for 'just leaving you alone' earlier." He mumbled.

"Me?" I asked surprised, sitting up and looking at him.

"Yeah-when Frankie pulled me away. We came back without you and my mom got mad and said I was irresponsible." He said, turning towards me.

"You were not. We were there for Frankie. I was with David, Uncle Charlie knew that." I said defensively.

"I know. That's why it wasn't even worth mentioning." He smiled softly.

"There's something else…" I trailed off.

"Ok-shoot."

"When I came in and I made you laugh earlier-why did the others give you that look?" I asked. He cleared his throat nervously.

"Well…"

"What? You can tell me." I smiled.

"Usually after my mom yells at me I don't even talk for a while-like two…three hours. So when I laughed because of you…they were a little surprised." He said quietly.

"I made you laugh even though you don't talk?" I asked confusingly.

"Well, yeah-but you were being cute." He said, keeping eye contact with me. I felt my face get warm. I smiled, looking down. He gently lifted my chin, leaning closer. Our lips were almost touching when my phone rang loudly. I closed my eyes, biting my lip. He leaned back, sighing. I answered my phone-it was a text from David.

Meet me tomorrow for breakfast
David XOXO


Joe had stood up, grabbed his blanket and gone to the bunks. I groaned and hit my head. I waited for a few minutes before going up and I could hear Joe's iPod blasting.

"Thanks, David." I muttered sarcastically. I climbed into my bunk under Joe's and fell into an uneasy sleep. I was woken up by Frankie running past my bunk, stomping loudly. I closed my eyes, trying to fall back asleep, but it didn't work. I rolled out of my bunk and grabbed some clothes to change into. I headed down for the small bathroom and quietly got changed. I went back upstairs to stuff my stuff back in my bunk just as Joe was getting out of his. His hair was a mess and he still looked exhausted. Adorable. I smiled politely.

"Good morning." I said quietly. He simply nodded, brushing past me. I sighed. "Joe-are we going to fight everyday?" I asked softly. He just looked at me before going down the short staircase. I groaned and grabbed my phone as I slipped on my shoes. Charlie headed towards the staircase.

"Going somewhere?" He asked, bemused.

"Breakfast with David." I said dully.

"Don't get too excited-you might pull something." He joked.

"What time is their set and what do I have to do?" I asked, avoiding the David topic.

"Ten and for today all you have to do is stand in front of the barricade and look as important as we all know you are." He smirked.

"Shut up." He kissed my head.

"Go eat breakfast." He said, laughing. We walked down and I continued out the door, feeling Joe's eyes follow me. I found David and he led me back to his bus.

"So how was your first night on the bus?" He asked, sitting me down.

"Well, it was going well-until someone interrupted something and now someone else won't talk to me because of it." I said vaguely-not wanting Dave to feel bad. It's not like he knew he'd done something anyways.

"I'm sorry. Can I do anything?" 'Stop texting me when I'm about to kiss Joe?' I thought.

"No-I just have to handle it." I smiled.

"Alright, well, I'm here if you need me." He offered.

"Thanks, Davie." I said as he cracked some eggs into a fry pan and began to make us breakfast. He sat down with two plates and we started eating. I helped him do clean up just as Pierre came downstairs with messy hair-still half asleep, still in his boxers. I giggled.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." I said and his eyes flew open.

"Chrissie!" He screamed, picking me up in a tight hug. Pierre Bouvier was my unofficial blood brother. When I was younger, Charlie told Pierre that nothing is deeper than blood, so Pie and I each cut our hand and smushed together the blood. Ever since he's been my brother.

"What are you doing here?" He asked excitedly. I laughed.

"I live with Uncle Charlie, now." I said.

"Let me get changed and we'll go hang out." He rushed. I looked at his watch-9:40.

"I can't. The Jonas Brothers have their set at 10 and I have to work." I sighed as he headed towards the stairs.

"I'll walk you." He called, already up them. I smiled as the others came down to see me.

"Dina!" Pat cried-squeezing me in a bone crushing hug.

"Paterick!" I cried back. Pierre came back down and I said goodbye to the guys. I hopped on Pie's back and he headed off for the stages.

"Which one?" He asked. I dug my phone out and called Ashy.

"Hey-which stage?" I asked loudly.

"Three." She shouted over the noise. I hung up and relayed the message. He carried me over to the stage and I kissed his cheek before jumping down. He hugged me and pecked my cheek before leaving me. I smiled as Ashy came over.

"Was that who I think it was?" She asked excitedly. The boys were standing close by, Joe looking extra moody and Kevin was beginning to match him. I smiled.

"Pierre Bouvier." I confirmed. She squeaked and I laughed. The band before them was finishing up and Ashley and I were moved to opposite ends in front of the stage. I was handed a clipboard and a set of headphones. After a few minutes a voice came through the head phones making me jump.

"I'm sorry about last night." Joe's soothing voice said. I glanced over my shoulder at him to see him looking at me with his own set of headphones. "I didn't mean to get mad." He said into his headphone mic.

"It's fine." I said back, smiling.

"Who was that guy dropping you off?" He asked interestedly.

"Pierre Bouvier-my blood brother." I chuckled. I saw him smile, before I glanced out over the crowd. I heard him say 'Ow!' and I looked back to see a security guy taking the headphones back and Joe rubbing his hand.

"What happened?" I mouthed. He mimicked the guard slapping his hand. I stuck out my bottom lip and pouted. He grinned and I broke out into laughter. I saw Pierre standing in the crowd on my side way off to the side so as not to get trampled. He caught my eye and I smiled. The boys came on stage and I turned slightly so I could see. The crowd screamed and they all broke into giant smiles. They played a song that I recognized as one from the car. Every so often I'd catch Joe's eye and he wouldn't look away. I noticed Kevin glancing at Ashy a few times but for the most part he and Nick looked at the fans. Joe, however, kept looking at me. I felt my face get red ad turned back to the crowd so he couldn't see me blushing. I saw Pierre smirking like a know-it-all and I rolled my eyes. What seemed like minutes later their set was over and I was led back to the wings of the stage.

"So what'd you think?" Joe asked breathlessly, all three of them still grinning. I bit my lip to stop from smiling as Pierre came up the steps.

"Eh-you were ok." I teased. Joe gasped, pretending to look hurt. Pierre wrapped his arms around me.

"You guys did an awesome job." He complimented.

"Thanks." They said together. Charlie, Denise and Mr. Jonas came over. Pie shook Charlie's hand.

"This is Joe, Kevin, Nick, Denise, Mr. Jonas and this is Ashley." I introduced. He shook everybody's hand and gently kissed Ashley's. I smiled, but noticed Kevin glowering.

"Charlie-do you mind if I steal your wonderful niece for a while?" Pie asked sweetly.

"Of course."

"Do you wanna come, too?" He asked Joe, Nick, Kevin and Ashy. I smiled as they nodded. We said goodbye and started to walk around the park. For some reason I couldn't stop smiling. We had just been walking around, goofing off for about two hours when Ashy's phone rang. 'Some day, some how I'm gonna make it alright, but not right now. I know you're-' she cut off the song, but I continued to hum it as she talked.

"I know you're wondering when, you're the only one who knows that I'm gonna make it alright, but not right now. I know you're wondering when…" I trailed off quietly. Pierre watched me and Joe smiled at me.

"You're really good." Kevin said. I blushed.

"No." I said. Joe nodded vigorously. I smiled. "Who's she talking to?" I asked about Ashy.

"Bert." Joe said, rolling his eyes. I smiled. Pierre looked at me.

"Whaaat?" I whined.

"You're smiling more." He stated. "I missed it." I blushed. "I missed that, too." He grinned. I pushed him and he laughed. After a while Kevin, Ashy and Nick went back to our bus and Pierre hugged me goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
just fr the recrd-i can't cntr the "tags" in my stry i dn't want them t be there s whever is reprting it-pease stp