Status: Active

Beautiful Mistake

Chapter Ten: Chrissie's POV

A week had passed since I had gotten to Uncle Charlie's and today was the day we left for tour. Charlie and I were all packed and we drove the five minutes to the Jonas house where there was a bus waiting for all of us. Ashley was already there looking very tired. I hadn't spoken to Joe very much, but when we did-we were ok. He seemed a little distant, but only with me. We got our bags out of the car and Kevin and Nick took mine from me.

"I can carry my own things." I said and they just waved me off. I chuckled and turned to come face to face with Joe.

"Morning." He said politely, nodding.

"Good morning." I said smiling. I really didn't know why we were being so difficult.

"Where's what's-his-name to see you off?" Joe asked.

"Ayden?" I questioned. Ayden and I had been spending a lot of time together before I left. I hadn't seen him since I was seven. He was my favorite cousin. Joe nodded and I shrugged. "Probably sleeping." I said.

"He won't be here, then? That's kind of sad." He said quietly. I looked at him.

"Not really. We haven't seen each other since we were seven-I think he'll live not seeing me for a couple more months." I chuckled.

"So you've known each other for a long time?" Joe questioned. I tilted my head, wondering what he was thinking about.

"Well, yeah-he is my-"

"Joey!" I heard someone shriek.

"Oh God. Someone hide me." He muttered. An idea popped in my head. I took his hand, lacing his fingers with mine and he looked at me.

"Play along." I said quietly. He smiled. Willy Wonka looked up just in time for her to throw her arms out, smacking Kevin in the chest. She threw her arms around Joe's neck and he let go of my hand to push her away. He put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his warm body. I smiled comfortably. I slid my arm around his waist and we seemed to fit like lock and key.

"You need to leave. Now." Willy Wonka said. Kevin was having a coughing fit because she hit him so hard. Mr. Jonas shut the compartment hatch for the luggage and we were all set to go.

"I was just saying goodbye to my Joe-Joe." She said sweetly, staring me down.

"You're not allowed to, and he doesn't belong to you." He said. "Let's go, guys." Ashley and Nick helped Kevin on the bus and Mr. Jonas led a very reluctant Mrs. Jonas onto the bus. Joe led me over, followed by Charlie. The driver shut the door in her face and we started to leave. Joe and I let go of each other and stepped apart.

"Thanks." He muttered. I smiled. My cell phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to see a text from Ayden

Miss you already
Ayd <3


I smiled.

"Are you gonna mention it to your boyfriend?" Joe asked as we sat down. My head shot up and I looked at him.

"What boyfriend?" I asked, chuckling.

"Ayden." He said obviously. I burst out laughing. "What?" He asked defensively.

"I think that's illegal in most countries." I choked out.

"What is?" He whined.

"Dating your cousin." I said once I could breathe.

"Da-what!" He said loudly.

"You think I'm dating Ayden, right?" I said, making sure. He nodded. "He's my cousin. I tried telling you that before." He stared at me wide-eyed.

"I hate Rachel." He sighed after a minute. I chuckled. "What?"

"That's not the way she sees it." I said as Frankie jumped on my lap.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She thinks she's the only girl you've ever loved." I said mockingly. He laughed.

"She said that?"

"Yup. She also said-" I said, but cut myself off. This wasn't the place to say it.

"What?" He asked looking at me.

"I'll tell you later." I said, glancing at Frankie.

"Alright-I'm holding you to that." I smiled.

"Deal." After what seemed like forever Frankie dragged me into the back room. We were all extremely bored.

"Let's play guitar hero." Nick suggested.

"Best idea you've had all day, Nicky." Kevin said, ruffling his hair.

"Yeah, yeah." He muttered. I chuckled.

"Chrissie-want something to drink?" Joe asked, pulling me into the kitchen area, away from the others.

"Sure." I said, hopping up on the counter. He got out a glass and some milk.

"So-what did Rachel say?" He asked, handing me the glass. I smirked.

"Well, aren't you just Mr. Impatient?" I teased.

"Chrissie-please?" He pouted. I couldn't resist-he just looked so adorable.

"She didn't actually say it herself-but the way she denied it pretty much made it obvious." I said and he nodded.

"Well-what did she deny?" He asked.

"Well, she said that she was the only girl you've ever loved, and then she said something to Ashley about-"

"Joe, dear, can you call your grandma for me? I told her I'd call but I can't right now." Mrs. Jonas asked.

"Sure, mom." He sighed. I smiled and got off the counter. Joe reached out to grab my hand.

"Later." I said quietly, heading towards the back room.

"Where's Joe?" Kevin asked as I sat next to Nick.

"Calling your grandma." I said, resting my head against Nicky's shoulder. He looked at me, slipping his arm around my shoulders.

"You ok, Chrissie?" He asked quietly as the others played the video games. I nodded. He nudged me, trying to get the truth.

"How do you tell someone something without getting other people in trouble?" I asked confusingly.

"Tell me what happened and maybe I could help." He said comfortingly.

"When Ashy and I talked to Rachel, Ashy made a comment about Rachel sabotaging all of Joe's ex-girlfriends." I said quietly. "Does he know that?" I asked-hoping he did-it'd make me feel just a little bit better about telling him.

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't." I sighed.

"Well, then Rachel responded with 'I, like, have no idea what you're talking about'." I said mockingly. He chuckled. "And now I have to tell him, he'll realize Ash knew and get mad at her-and it'll be my fault."

"Well-it won't be your fault. And if he gets mad at Ash then he's an idiot. Just explain that she didn't tell him because she thought he knew or something." I looked up at him.

"You're asking me to lie to him?"

"Or just don't explain and he can talk to her about it." He said. I hugged him.

"Thanks, Nicky." I said as he hugged me back.

"Anytime." He said, gently rubbing my back. "Hey, Joe." I heard him say. "Where're you going?" He asked, sounding confused. I let go and looked up just in time to see Joe walk up the stairs to the bunks looking mad.

"I'll be right back." I said, standing up and following him. I could hear him in his bunk and I gently knocked on the frame.

"What?" He snapped. I blinked. I heard his music blast through his iPod and I shook my head, going back down the stairs.

"What happened?" Nick asked, closing his eyes.

"He snapped at me so I just came back down here." I said casually. He sighed.

"He's mad again?" Kevin asked, looking up from the game.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it." I said, resting my head back against the couch. Nick grumbled and I patted his knee. "Don't worry about it. He'll get over it." I said, yawning. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I dug it out, flipping it open.
Hey gorgeous. Just got your new number from Charlie
See you soon
Gee XOXO


I smiled. Gerard Way had been friends with my uncle for a long time and I had known him forever. He was practically family. I saved his number and text him back.
Can't wait. =D
Chrissie <3


I closed my phone, still smiling. Gee was in a band with his brother Mikey, Ray Toro, Bob Bryar and Frank Iero called My Chemical Romance. I had the biggest crush on Frank, but he had a girlfriend that he was pretty serious about. Nick took my phone and leaned in close to me to take a picture. I smiled as the flash went off.

"That's a myspace picture." Ashley said laughing. I just smiled-I didn't have a myspace. We hung out for a while before I started getting tired. I closed my eyes and tucked my legs up under me.

"You ok?" Kevin asked. I opened an eye to see them watching me.

"Yeah-just tired." I said quietly. He nodded and I closed my eye again.

"Nerd-can you come here?" I heard Charlie ask.

"I stood up tiredly and followed him to the table/kitchen area. I sat down and he sat across from me. He looked very serious.

"What's wrong?" I asked nervously.

"I want to lay some rules down for this tour. And you know I hate to be the rule guy-but this is important." He said and I nodded.

"I'm listening." I reassured.

"Good. The boys have a strict ten curfew. I expect you and Ashley to respect that." He said-looking at me.

"Of course." I agreed.

"The bus has to be kept clean-if you make a mess-you clean it up. You will be working side stages on their sets with Ashley." He said and I nodded. "If you can't do that-" He hesitated. "You'll be sent home." I nodded. "There is no alcohol, drugs, cigarettes. If you are caught with them-you'll be sent home."

"Willy Wonka-you don't have to worry. I do what I'm told." I said and he smiled.

"I know, Nerd." He squeezed my hand. "You're a good kid. But, My Chem's going to be there and you know how Gerard used to be. And Simple Plan's there-and you know Pie."

"Uncle Charlie-they wouldn't let me anyways. They know you'd kill them." I chuckled. He smiled.

"One more thing-" He started, smirking.

"Uh-oh."

"No swearing, mouth." He said, knowing full well I had a mouth like a sailor. I hesitated.

"I'll try."

"That's all I ask, angel." He smiled. I smiled back and he stood up to hug me. I walked into his open arms, enjoying the tight embrace. My phone vibrated again and I grabbed it from my pocket, flipping it open.
Heeeeeeellooooo nurse! I miss you.
See you soon, babe.
Davie =D


I smiled. David Desrosiers was another friend of mine and Uncle Charlie's.

"Who else did you give my number to?" I asked as I saved David's number.

"Just a few people." He said sneakily. I laughed.

"Thank you." I said, kissing his cheek. I went back to the back room continuing to text David.

"Who are you talking to?" Ashley asked, confused.

"David Desrosiers from-" I said and she gasped loudly.

"You know him?" She said loudly and my phone buzzed again.

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"Lucky."

"They're going to be there, too." I said, watching her face light up. "When's our first stop?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, Virginia, but we get there tonight." Kevin said. I nodded. After a while Mr. Jonas came back and said we were making a quick pit stop to get drinks and stuff.

"Where's Joe?" He asked, looking around.

"In his bunk. I'll go get him." I said, standing up.

"Thanks, sweetie." He said.

"No problem." I headed up the short staircase. I knocked softly on the frame. I heard him mumble something and I peaked through the curtain. He had fallen asleep.

"Joe." I said, gently poking his shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me.

"What do you want?" He grumbled. I sighed.

"We're going to be stopping soon at a little convenient store. Just in case you wanted to get off and stretch." I said quietly.

"Oh…" He trailed off. I turned and walked back downstairs. I sat next to Ashy and a few minutes later Joe came down and sat next to Kevin, yawning.

"What-" Kevin started angrily but I cleared my throat, cutting him off. "-were you doing?" He finished.

"I fell asleep." Joe mumbled. I had to admit, even with his hair all messy and lines on his face from his pillow-he was still adorable. If anything it only made him cuter. My phone buzzed again and I took it out-David. I smiled, replied and shut my phone.

"Who was that?" Joe asked.

"My friend, David." I said. He nodded slightly. After a little while we pulled into a convenient store parking lot, got off the bus and went inside to grab some stuff and just to stretch. We had been inside for about thirty seconds when a bunch of screaming girls surrounded the boys. I got shoved out of the way and into Charlie. He caught me and steadied me.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"Get what you want-I'll pay for it." He said in my ear. I nodded and headed over to the drink section. I grabbed two large red bulls, and a bag of combos. I handed them to Charlie.

"This is it?" He asked surprisingly.

"Why?"

"I was just expecting you to get more-that's all."

"Can I?" I asked timidly.

"Of course." He smiled. I grabbed a big bag of Doritos, a monster and a pack of gum. He smiled at me. "They boys are getting subway-do you want any?" He offered. I nodded. "Well, go over and get it. I'll be over in a minute." He said. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas were already ordering for Joe, Kevin and Nick.

"Hi, dear." Mrs. Jonas said over the screaming girls.

"Hi, Mrs. Jonas." I returned.

"It's Denise, sweetheart." She said sweetly. I smiled. We finished ordering as Charlie came over. They paid and we went outside while Denise and Mr. Jonas tried to get the boys. I noticed a familiar face getting out of a bus that had just pulled in.

"Ah!" I yelled and ran over and jumped on Bob's back.

"Holy shit!" He yelled. "Get off me!"

"But you love me, Bobert." I said sweetly.

"Chrissie!" He yelled. I got down and he wrapped his strong arms around me. I heard someone come off the bus.

"Bob-are you hugging random people again?" Gerard asked.

"Just my favorite one." He said, letting me go. I dropped to the ground and instantly felt two arms wrap around me.

"Chrissie!" Gerard said. I turned and he picked me up and spun around, hugging me tightly. The rest of the guys got off the bus and came over. I got a big hug from Mikey, Ray and then Frank. After he let me go a pretty girl came up behind him, slipping her arms around his waist.

"Chris-this is my girlfriend-Natalie. This is Christina." He introduced. We shook hands as Charlie came over.

"Hey, guys." He greeted.

"Hey, Charlie!" They said happily. Ash waved me over so I hugged everyone but Frank and headed over to them.

"Who are they?" Ash asked, confused.

"Uncle Charlie's friends-they're in a band called My Chemical Romance. I'll introduce you guys later." I smiled, heading back for the bus.

"The girl's in the band, too?" Joe asked.

"No, that's Frank's………girlfriend." I said quietly. I sat at the table area and tucked my legs up to my chest.