Status: Rated PG-13 for Violence, Innuendo and Blasphemous Plot

The Wayward Son

A Farewell

Ariel nodded and walked from Remy. The angel came to here to gather Remiel and she had completed this task, but at what cost. Remiel wasn’t the same as he was before. She knew this. Everything would change when he returned to Paradise. Ariel half expected Remy to try and kill Uriel. He might even succeed.

Before she got too far, Ariel turned back to Remy and said, “Say goodbye, Remiel. She’s deserves that.”

“I don’t think I can,” Remy replied sullen. He didn’t plan on saying anything else to Taylor. If he even looked at her, he’d be tempted to stay and that couldn’t happen. Not this time.

Ariel sighed and pointed behind Remiel, “You don’t have a choice.”

Remy was about to ask what she meant, but he already knew. Turning, Remiel walked back up the stairs to Taylor’s apartment. When he reached the top, Remy noticed Taylor hadn’t moved any. She was still sitting on their bed with his book on her lap. Taylor’s eyes were locked on the angelic rune that was his name. Remy was about to saw something, but then he saw more. Taylor was crying. Tears fell onto the leather cover.

Finally noticing Remy, Taylor looked up from the book and asked, “Are you leaving?”

Remiel moved in closer. “I have to.”

“Do you want to?”

“No, but it is my job.”

“It wasn’t an hour ago.”

“I was human then,” Remy said, taking Taylor‘s hand. “Now I am more and I have a job to do.”

Taylor fell apart and crashed into Remy. Remy sighed and wrapped his arms around her, his wings curling around her as he moved. Whatever Remy should’ve said escaped him. He loved Taylor, but he had to leave her. This time, it wasn’t his choice. Angels’ lives had been lost because someone wanted his power. Lives lost because of his mistakes.

Seeing a light flash from outside, Remy tried to break away from Taylor and leave, but was immediately pulled back into the embrace. Taylor wasn’t ready to let him go just yet. Again though, Remy broke away and started back for the door.

“Wait,” Taylor exclaimed. Remiel stopped and looked over his shoulder. Tears still lining her eyes, Taylor held the book out for Remy and said, “This is yours.”

Remy smirked, “No. It’s yours. My life is in that book and my life belongs with you.”

Still smiling, Remy walked back to Taylor and touched a hand to her cheek. Not pausing another moment, Remy kissed her and held it. He had a separate plan besides just the need for the kiss. He was blessing her. An angel’s protection. A force to keep Taylor safe from any evil. Focusing on the contact, Remy felt the power flow from him to her. A sort of static passed through his lips to her, giving off a dim light around them.

When the power passed, Remiel broke from the kiss and looked at her. Taylor’s eyes were lit up, but on the brink of tears again. Kissing her on the forehead, Remiel whispered, “I will be back. I promise.”

Taylor smiled, “I know. Just…you know. Don’t take too long.”

Remiel nodded and turned away. As he made his way out the door, Remy saw Ariel standing at the edge of the pillar of light. The staircase waiting on him. Paradise was waiting on him. Remiel breathed in heavily. It had been too long since he had seen home and now he had to go back on a bad note.

Shaking his head, Remy walked on towards Ariel and waited for her to step through to the other side first. One last time, he looked up to the apartment and saw Taylor staring at him from the window. Paradise would always be his home, but she was where his heart was. She would be who he came back to.

Remy closed his eyes and for the first time in awhile, prayed. ‘Father. I have had my doubts, I know. I feared that you have left Paradise and us, but if you are there and I hope that you are. Watch her. Please. Watch her while I try and save my home.’

Opening his eyes again, Remy stepped into the light and felt his body warm. Remiel was going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Generally short chapter compared to the others, but you'll forgive me when you realize that my next chapter will be in Paradise. Leave the comments I enjoy so much and I'll see you next time.

Also, read my new story, Faust. Please and thank you.