Status: new:)

The Runaway Bride

One million emotions

Why does the one you love
make you want to cry?

-Maroon 5 "How"

Paul stood at the door as the girl behind it continued to pound madly against it. That’s what he got for having random one-night stands. Out of all of the normal girls in the world he was the one to get involved with the neighborhood stalker. What in the world was he thinking when he slept with her? Nothing that’s what. He tried everything in his power to keep as much distance as possible and it had worked for a while, but that girl was persistent (meaning absolutely creepy).

“Pauly! I know you’re in there! Your truck is parked in the front! I can hear you breathing!” She sang cheerfully.

Talk about creepy Paul shook his head passing a hand through his cropped hair. Well it was now or never. He took a step forward and unlocked the top of the door. He finally opened it reveling a small blonde headed girl with a grin that spread across her face.

“Pauly baby!” she jumped putting her arms around his neck and planting a big one on his lips. Violet upon hearing the girl decided to take a peak and stood behind the hallway wall. She poked her head out observing the scene before her. She gasped putting her hand on top of her mouth as she saw the girl jump on top of Paul.

“Meredith” Paul grumbled on her lips trying to push the clingy girl away from him. “Stop!” he finally managed to pull her off of him. He rushed around the couch standing behind it giving distance and a barrier in front of them.

“What’s wrong honey?” she said playfully going from left to right. Paul mimicked the opposite of her movements.

“Just stay there will ya’?” Paul said cautiously as he watched her every move.

“What’s the matter? Don’t you want to play?” She growled seductively ‘clawing’ at him. .

Paul was far from being a wuss, but the small girl in front of him made him wonder. He just wanted her to leave so Violet wouldn’t hear anything that came out of her mouth. Now more than ever he regretted sleeping with her. He didn’t want Violet knowing everything he had done while she was gone. Especially how he had gone on a crazed sex rampage.

“Don’t come near me ok. We’ve been through this a million times Meredith! I don’t want anything to do with you!” Paul bellowed.

Violet sighed out of relieved. Paul heard the sigh and turned her direction. He threw her a glare for not listening to him. Violet immediately hid behind the wall. Damn it. Caught in the act.

“Who was that?” Meredith demanded walking towards the hall. Paul immediately blocked the way.

“Just leave Meredith”

“Are you cheating on me!” she yelled.

Violet rolled her eyes. Boy did Paul really know how to pick them. She had had enough of listening to them. She decided it was time for her to make her entrance.

She walked out and stood behind Paul, Meredith kept her eyes on her the whole time.

“Why you little skanky bitch!” Meredith lunged at Violet but Paul quickly grabbed her. “Who is she? Huh Paul? Another one of your whores?”

“Meredith, Stop it!” Paul yelled angrily.

“It’s ok baby” she grabbed his face “we’ll get through this”

Paul scrunched his face frustrated. This girl was so bipolar and did not understand the meaning of ‘no’. Paul pried her hands off his face.

“There’s nothing to get through Meredith! There’s nothing between us! Nothing!” he yelled trying to get that in her head.

Meredith shook her head vigorously “No you don’t mean that! What about all the times we’ve made love?”

Violet scoffed crossing her arms. Paul grimaced not wanting to see Violet’s expression. Violet then realized she had no reason to be mad at the girl. As so as she left, Paul had become fair game. Even though, the girl had called her a ‘skanky bitch’ she guessed she could see where she was coming from. Paul was a great guy, who wouldn’t want to fight for him? Violet frowned slightly, she hated when her good conscious kicked in.

“Listen, Meredith is it?” Violet moved forward and stood besides Paul. Meredith nodded her head strangely forgetting that she had called her a skanky bitch and what not. “Paul and I are just friends, great friends actually” she emphasized, “There’s nothing going on. He’s all yours” she smiled. Paul turned to Violet with his mouth opened. What the hell was that for?

“Really?” Meredith asked hopeful.

“Yup”

“Should I leave you two alone?” Violet asked politely.

“No!” Paul blurted desperately. “Meredith leave” Paul had finally had enough of the young blonde. He needed her to understand that he wanted nothing to do with her. No more Mr. Nice Guy. He picked her up easily over his shoulder and carried her outside with her screaming and banging on his back. He opened her car door and put her in there. “Don’t ever come on my fucking property” he threatened “there’s nothing between us! Get that through you head” he slammed the door and stormed back inside his house slamming the door.

“What the fuck was that about?” Paul demanded as soon as he was in the house.

“What was what about?” Violet asked innocently.

“He’s all yours” Paul mimicked her voice.

Violet shrugged. “I wanted her to know there was nothing going on between us”

Paul raised an eyebrow. That comment did not suit well with him.

“What?” Violet questioned when she saw the angry frown on him.

Paul snapped out of his angry frown “Nothing” he mumbled “Don’t we have a movie to watch?” he asked trying hard to lighten the mood even though he wasn’t in the best one. He didn’t want to ruin the rest of the day. He wanted to save as much as possible as he could of the rest of the day.

“You sure you still want to watch a movie?” she asked hesitant.

“Why wouldn’t I?” he snapped. Violet slightly grimaced at his tone. “Don’t you want to watch the movie?” he soften his tone.

He had to remember to control his easily blown out of proportion temper. However he was finding out that keeping his temper mellowed was much harder than he thought when it came to his small beautiful ex fiancé that stood in front of him biting the inside of her cheek hesitantly. There were still some sore spots he wouldn’t deny that, but he was trying hard to fight them. Sadly, things only became complicated when he would deny his feelings for her.

“Yeah, sure” Violet rubbed her arm.

Paul nodded feeling weight lifted off his shoulder. He picked up a movie and popped it in the DVD player. They sat on the couch a bit awkwardly each of them sitting as far away from each other on the couch. At that point Violet did not care which movie he had popped in. All she really wanted was to leave. She felt a little hurt that one he had snapped at her, two there were probably a million girls out there like Meredith that had been with Paul, and lastly Paul had not want Meredith to see her. Was he ashamed of her? So, she wasn’t the prettiest girl in the world and she had changed a bit since she had gotten better from having cancer, but did he have to make it that obvious that she was unsightly? He had bruised her ego. She rubbed her temple probably blowing things way out of proportion. Why did women always have to over analyze situations? She was probably just crazy. But that didn’t stop the thought from poking at the back of her head.

Any bad thought soon ceased when the familiar melody on the screen began to play. She turned to look at Paul her face filled with vivid emotions. Paul gave her a small smile and returned his vision to the movie. Maybe he wasn’t as inconsiderate as she thought. He had played P.s I Love You for her.

***

Violet couldn’t help the tears that ran along her face. She had given up trying to hide them from Paul; it was nearly impossible after he had brought tissues for her. After a couple of minutes of the movie playing they had some how gotten closer and closer together until their arms and legs were brushing against each other. Paul casually tossed his arm behind her laying his arm on the top part of the couch. Violet patted tears away from her eyes as he let out a yawn.

“How could you be so heartless?” Violet asked sniffling. Wiping her eyes with a tissue.

Paul exhaled tiredly “I’m not trying to be heartless, sweetheart. I just don’t get moved by movies”

Violet bit her cheek to keep from smiling. He had called her sweetheart so casually and so easily he probably hadn’t noticed he had called her that. She felt her heart flutter when his thumb subconsciously began to rub her shoulder.

“That’s what they all say” She tried keeping her cool.

“Yeah, yeah” Paul brushed her comment off kissing her temple. Violet’s heart leapt. Suddenly Paul placed another kiss on her cheek then moved down to her jawline leaving a trail of kisses all the way to her neck. Violet held her breath as Paul continued what he was doing.

“What are you doing?” Violet breathed out.

Paul suddenly stopped and sat up straight. He passed hand through his hair “I don’t know” he said honestly “but I don’t want to stop”

Paul suddenly leaned in grabbing her from her neck and placing his lips on hers. Violet was caught by surprise but wasted no time in moving her lips to the rhythm of his. Violet quickly found herself positioned on top of Paul by Paul’s part. He placed his hands on her hips. Their kiss soon turned eager. Violet dug her hands in his hair as Paul moved his hands up and down her back. The sparks they felt were so intense. They were electrifying. Neither of them wanted to stop, it felt like cloud nine.

Paul groaned into the kiss pulling her closer to him. As he kissed her, something triggered inside of him. It was something he couldn’t explain. Something he had no words for. The emotion was so intense it started at the tip of his toes to the end of his hair. The feeling made him fell almost invincible. Ten times stronger. Untouchable.

He picked her up but didn’t stop kissing her. He walked slowly upstairs enjoying every moment with her. He heard her moan and that sent a shiver of pleasure down his spine. He opened the door to his room and placed her gently on his bed. He traced kisses along her neck. And lead up back to her lips and pecked her gently on her lips.

He looked down at her. His face filled with emotion he couldn’t explain. He leaned in for another kiss but was stopped when she pushed on his chest with her palm.

“What’s wrong?” he asked confused.

“Why are you doing this?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” he chuckled a bit nervous. There was so much emotion going through him he didn’t know how to handle it.

“This” she pointed to her and him. “Why are you kissing me? Why did you take me to your room? Laid me on your bed? What does it mean?”

He looked at her not knowing what to say. Truth was he didn’t have an answer. She looked at him and nodded. She knew the answer. She was just another one.

She pushed him off her and stood up. She fixed her hair and her shirt. She turned to him. She felt anger, sadness, disappointment, and so many other negative emotions coursing through her body. “I can’t believe you thought, I was that kind of girl,” she said bitterly before walking out his room and his house.

Paul sat there not being able to comprehend all that had happened. What the hell? What kind of girl was she talking about? He hadn’t even been able to get a word in.

There was a ball of sadness that sat on his stomach as she left further and further away fro his house. Until it consumed him all. He suddenly felt empty. He couldn’t explain it, but when she left it was like a million emotions became one. He felt angry, sad, disappointed. He didn’t know where they were coming from. He just felt them.
Little did he know, those emotions he was feeling were the same ones Violet was feeling.

The exact same ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!

Sorry I took forever!!!

I've been slightly busy, but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I made it with all my love to you guys! :D

Anyways have a wonderful day! Remember to comment! :)

Take care!

Love,

icanread29