Status: Slowly but surely writing. I promise.

Give Me Time Now You Know I'm Gonna Be That

Won't Know What Hit Him

Lexi’s POV

“I loved the feeling of sand between my toes,” I said softly to myself, as my friends and the group of guys walked onto the sandy beach. I looked over to Belle arguing with Liam about something stupid. Melanie put down a blanket and was starting to tan while Carl was saying something about his “big” muscles. Keith and Maggie were having an intense conversation about something.

Suddenly, I heard, “Yeah, I really like that feeling too.” I looked over my shoulder and saw Jay smirking at me. I rolled my eyes. I didn’t feel like talking to him.

“He’s so cute,” I thought to myself. “Get a grip, Lex. You can’t go all goo-goo for this guy. Make him want you.” The advice I told myself was bangin’ advice. I smirked back, removing my cover-up to show off my tan, slim body. Jay’s eyes widened in a mix of approval and curiosity. My smirk just grew as I sauntered off into the water. I let the water go up to my ankles.

I sighed. The water was a bit chilly, but it wasn’t too bad. I closed my eyes enjoying the feeling of the sun’s rays hitting my body and the cool water splashing at my toes.

My perfect moment to myself was ruined by a pair of strong, tan arms wrapping around my waist. I started to squirm and wiggle, but no matter what I did, I couldn’t get out of the grasp.

“Get off of me!” I yelled, still moving around. I flailed my arms, whacking Jay in the face.

“Hey!” he said, pulling me even deeper into the frigid water. “Don’t hurt the face.” I looked up into his sunglasses, but somehow, I could feel the twinkle in his eyes.

“I will do whatever I want to do,” I said indignantly, hitting him again.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” he sing-songed mischievously, throwing me into the ocean. My whole body was submerged in the freezing water.

When I surfaced, Jay was laughing, smiling like an idiot. My hair was a tangled brown mess, and my makeup was probably running.

“Oh, it’s on,” I said. “I don’t get mad. I get even.” I charged him, and he didn’t even have a chance to react. I jumped on his back, playfully strangling him. He laughed, letting me piggyback ride him. I started laughing along, until a brilliant idea occurred in my mind.

I jumped off. As I did this, I grabbed his hat and his sunglasses. I wanted to wear them. “Gosh dangit,” I thought to myself. “I’m such a flirt, but he is so cute.” Giggling, I put on his stuff and looked at him. But he was covering his face with his hands.

“Give me back my hat,” his voice said, muffled by his hands. “And my sunglasses too!” He kept his hands over his face.

“Why are you hiding?” I said. “I just wanted to wear them. C’mon. What are you hiding, Jay?” I walked through the water over to him, trying to move his hands from his face.

“No,” he said, shaking his still covered face. “Please, just give me back my stuff.”

I shook my head, even though he couldn’t see me. “Absolutely not,” I said. “Not until I see your face. What’s with all the suspense?” I could him sigh, and he slowly moved his hands. I held back a gasp and a scream.

“Please don’t scream!” he whispered. “Please? Logan is going to kill me if he found out I blew our cover. Please?” He put on a puppy dog face, which I have to admit was really, really cute.

“James Maslow,” I thought in my head. “How the freak did this happen?” But I decided that I was going to roll with it. An idea formulated in my head.

I smirked, knowing I had a leg up. “Hmmm, well maybe I’ll give you your stuff back,” I said. He smiled. “But for a price.”

His face fell. “What kind of ‘price’? What do you want?” He put air quotes around ‘price’. His facial expression showed that he wasn’t too willing to bargain with me.

“You owe me,” I said slowly. “You owe me a date. Dinner, a movie, the whole she-bang. One date, and you’re off the hook.”

He grinned like a loopy idiot. “Okay, I think I can agree to these totally unreasonable terms.” He laughed. I liked his laugh. “But you know that millions of girls would die to have a date with me.”

“Please, honey,” I said, giving him back his stuff. I looked at him with my hands on my hips. “Boys die to take me on a date. You should be honored that I’m even letting you do that.” His eyebrows rose in interest but decided not to say anything.

With that, I sauntered away, swaying my hips. I could feel James’ eyes bore into my back, but I didn’t turn around. “It is all about making him chase you,” I thought. “Not the other way around.” I walked to Melanie, motioning Belle and Mags to come over.

“Dude,” I whispered. “You will not believe what just happened.” My arms flung around like a mad man.

Maggie giggled. “What? Magical Lexi got a date with a cute boy? Figures. You were eyeing him like he was the last slice of delicious apple pie.” Belle laughed at her simile.

“Belle likes food too much,” I thought. Then I said, “No. Well, yes. I did get a date. But that isn’t the awesome part!” It started to sink in that I had a date with THE James Maslow. THE JAMES MASLOW.

Melanie sighed, “Then what is it? Boys are stupid, Lex.” She rolled her eyes.

“Not this boy,” I whispered. “Guys, those boys over there.” I pointed to the four of them. “They are Big Time Rush. Jay is James. I have a date with James Maslow. THE JAMES MASLOW. Do you understand what I am saying?” My voice cracked in excitement.

Maggie cocked her head as if she didn’t understand, then realization hit her. “So you mean…they are Big Time Rush? The famous Big Time Rush?”

Belle shook her head, “No Mags, the Big Time Toilet that royal kings go on to go.” Sarcasm dripped in her words. Maggie stuck her tongue out.

Melanie said, “So that makes Carl is Carlos. Keith is Kendall. And Liam is Logan?” I shook my head is agreement. As realization stuck all of them, they began to get excited.

“I call Kendall!” Maggie said, sighing. I could see the ideas formulating in her head.

“Well, count boys out for me,” Mel said. But Belle interrupted her. “Oh you know you love Carlos. That’s your celebrity crush, you wacko. GO FOR IT. Get’em. No, you know what? Just get something. Anything!”

Melanie shook her head. I laughed. “So that leaves Belle with Logan, right?” I said, smirking.

Belle shook her head in disgust. “Ew no, he is annoying. We do not get along. I’m okay. Forever alone. I got my single girl swag. No big deal.” Her words seemed strong, but I could see plainly through that lie. She wasn’t a good liar; she liked Logan even if she wouldn’t admit it.

“Well, you guys have to help me with my date!” I squealed in happiness. I was really going on a date with James Maslow. I couldn’t help but to smile like a maniac.

“Of course, we will,” Maggie said, hooking arms with me.

“Because that is what bestfriends do!” Melanie said, taking my other arm.

“And James or Jay or whatever his name is,” Belle said, winking in front of me. “Won’t know what hit him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY UPDATE. IN LESS THAN A WEEK. I'm so cool. Happy Paige? d: Comment?

love you,
caramellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333