Status: Slowly but surely writing. I promise.

Give Me Time Now You Know I'm Gonna Be That

Nothing Could Have Been Better Than Tonight

Lexi’s POV

We got off the Ferris wheel, and we were still holding hands. I blushed when I looked down, but I tried to look calm. “So, James,” I said. “Are we going to eat now?” I tucked Sir Lancerlot in my other arm. I looked up into his gorgeous hazel eyes.

He smiled down at me. “Well, Miss Lexi, we’re gonna drop off your teddy bear at my car because I don’t do well with third wheels. Plus, I want you to myself and I can’t compete with a cute bear.” We started walking to the car.

I giggled. “Well, Mister James, his name is Sir Lancerlot, and you’ll always be my favorite. Don’t you worry.” I squeezed his hand, and he squeezed back. “Well, come on now. Let’s go! I’m hungry!” I started pulling him, more like pulling his arm off, as I raced to the car.

He laughed and ran with me to his Viper. “You’re crazy, you know that? We were having a perfectly romantic moment, and you go running like a maniac.” He just continued to laugh though, joking with me.

I winked at him, as I put my teddy bear into his car. “Hey, I gotta keep things fresh! It’s the first date. We can’t be so coupley already. I gots a reputation to uphold. Plus, we always have time for cute things in the future.” I stopped myself and smirked. “That is IF I want to go on a second date with you. You know…I’m a hot commodity around here, and I don’t know if I can be tied down to one guy, even if it is the famous James Maslow.” I giggled, but I still winked at James, indicating I was joking.

“Well then,” he said, grinning. “I will just have to convince you that I’m worth sticking around for. Now aren’t I?” He grabbed me by the waist, looking me straight in the eyes. “I really like you, Lexi. It’s crazy. Just stick around for a while, okay? I want you to.” He looked into my eyes and leaned down to ever so gently brush his lips against mine.

I leaned into the kiss and softly kissed him back. I moved back and said, “I’m not going anywhere.” I smiled, and we intertwined fingers. We started walking to the Pier House where we were having dinner.

It was a comfortable silence between us. We didn’t need to talk. It was just nice to walk together and know that we didn’t have the need to fill the silence. We walked to the Pier House. It was decorated with lots of lights, and the restaurant overlooked the ocean.

“Wow, this place is gorgeous,” I thought, but I actually said it out loud. James looked at me. “I’ve never been here,” I said. “The girls and I usually go to Chinese or something cheaper around us. My previous dates usually take me to places less fancy. Are you sure it’s okay to eat here?” My forehead wrinkled a little bit.

James laughed quietly. “Yes, Lexi. It is fine. This is my favorite restaurant ever. Plus, I got us a private table on the veranda. We have seats overlooking the ocean. Unless you don’t want to eat here! Then we’ll go somewhere else.” James began to look panicked, mentally thinking of different places to go.

I giggled at his silliness. “No, no, James. It’s perfect. I just didn’t want you to spend so much for a first date, ya know? I don’t care where we eat, as long as I’m with you. ” I looked at him like a deer in head lights. “Uh…did I say that out loud?”

He nodded but smiled. We walked into the restaurant. “Table for two?” James said to the waiter. “Reservation under the name Maslow.”

“Sì signore,” he said. “This way to the veranda.” He led us to the table, which took my breath away. It was a single table with two chairs. There was a single rose in the vase with two plates artfully arranged on the table. There were candles on the window sills above my head. The moon seemed to look bigger. The stars seemed to shine brighter. The ocean made a soothing lullaby with the waves crashing into the shore.

“Wow,” I said, as James pulled the chair out for me. “It’s beautiful.”

James, instead of looking at the view, looked at me and said, “Yes, yes, it is. So beautiful.”

I blushed, as he sat down. I began to look at the menu. “Oh my god, everything sounds so delicious. What are you going to get?” I was leaning towards ravioli, but I was curious to what James wanted.

“Well, I’m a guy. I’m going with the steak,” he said.

I rolled my eyes. “You are such a guy. That doesn’t help me at all!”

He looked at me, and said, “Well, obviously I’m a dude, or this date would be sorta awkward.” We laughed. “But seriously, get anything you want. Everything here is amazing. The chef is awesome.”

The waiter came up to us and said, “Ciao, my name is Antonio. I will be serving you tonight. Would you like to start off with drinks and any appetizers?”

James went first. “Yes, I would like a Dr. Pepper. The lady would like a water, yes?” I nodded, impressed that he knew I didn’t want soda. “I would also like Shrimp Scampi Fritta for my appetizer. How about you milady?”

The waiter looked to me. “Yes, I would like water like James said. Could I have Pasta e Fagioli?” The soup had white and red beans, ground beef, tomatoes and pasta. It sounded delicious, and I wanted it.

“Yes, Miss,” the waiter said. “I will get your drinks and the appetizers will be out shortly. Would you like bread for your table? And would you like to order your main course now or later?”

James answered, “Yes, we would like bread. And if the lady is ready to order, I am ready.”

I scanned the menu quickly, but I already knew what I was craving for. “Yes, I’m ready. I would like the Cheese Ravioli. James here wants the Steak Toscano and medium rare?” I guessed.

He smiled from ear to ear. “You heard the lady. Steak Toscano. Medium rare.” He handed the waiter the menus.

“Okay, sir. I shall be right out with the bread and drinks,” the waiter said, walking away with the menus.

“I’m impressed,” said James. “Usually girls don’t know how to order their steaks, and you got my order spot on.”

“Pssh,” I said. “I grew up with a brother and a dad who loved steak. I know my way around meats.” I laughed. “That’s dirty.” We burst out in laughter. “But seriously, my dad always got it that way so I just assumed that you guys were similar enough to eat your steaks the same way.”

He nodded. “So tell me about your family. Actually, tell me everything.”

I stared at him like he had two heads. “I don’t think I can tell you everything. Then, all the mystery will be gone.” I winked at him. “But if you ask me a question, I’ll gladly answer it.” I reached my hand to intertwine my fingers with his.

“Alright, let’s go,” James smiled. We spent the next hour talking about ourselves. He told me about his adventures with Big Time Rush and how he got his first big break. I talked to him about how I used to live in Jersey then decided to move out to California. It felt like we were long lost friends who suddenly reunited. The conversation flowed easily, and it was just perfect.

We got our food, and like James said, it was amazing. James and I even got apple pie for dessert. He fed me some of his food, and I gave him some of mine. I had to admit that the steak was impeccable. He paid for the bill, and we started to walk out of the restaurant.

“Where are we going now?” I asked James. It was almost 10 PM, and I knew my friends would want to know how the date went.

James stopped and looked at me. “Well, I had an amazing date so far, and I don’t think I’m ready for it to end. Can we just walk on the beach for a little bit? Then I’ll bring you home.”

I smiled. “Of course.” We walked along the empty beach, looking at the moon and the stars. I couldn’t have asked for anything better than that night. Nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige you better love me. It's one in the afternoon. I didn't do psych yet XP LOL. Oh well.