Status: Slowly but surely writing. I promise.

Give Me Time Now You Know I'm Gonna Be That

This Boy Is An Asshole.

Belle’s POV

“Okay now,” I said, stopping in the middle of different food vendors. “What kind of food do I want? Burgers sounded good, but now I don’t know…” I stood there, hoping the magical food gods would point me in the right direction.

Instead, a big mass of annoying just ran into me. “Hey watch it!” I yelled, almost falling on my butt. After seeing who ran into me, I said, “Can you see? Or are you naturally blind?” I was annoyed at this brown haired, brown eyed pop star.

“Well, excuse me, Princess,” Logan said, rolling his eyes. “You were standing in the middle. I was trying to walk.” His forehead scrunched up, making him look as if he was eighty years old.

I looked at him like he was a five year old though. “You know what? Whatever, Logan. I’m going to get food, because I’m more mature than you.” I walked away from him, sauntering over to the burger stand.

Logan disappeared, leaving me alone in peace. “Hi,” I said, trying to be cheery for the worker. “Can I have a cheese burger with honey mustard?” The guy smiled and made my burger for me. He was actually really cute. He was at least 5’10 and has gorgeous blue eyes, but I wasn’t in the mood for flirting. I did wink at him as I started to walk away towards a table. I couldn’t find Carlos or Melanie, so I sat by myself.

As I ate my burger, which was delicious by the way, I started to think. “Who does Logan think he is? Just because he is a celebrity doesn’t mean he has the right to treat me like I’m an annoying cousin!” Steamed, I ate my burger in five minutes flat. When I was angry, I ate fast.

I decided to walk around by myself to clear my head. “Who needs boys?” I thought, wandering towards the game booths. But after seeing couple after couple, I decided to head towards the food again. “I’m happy single. Boys are just screwed up, and screw you over.”

I was deep in thought, when someone again ran into me. “Oh sorry, I didn’t see you…” I turned to see Logan again with an annoyed face. “Oh my god, why do you keep running into me? Are you trying to physically abuse me?”

Logan just stared at me, no emotion flashed across his face. “No. That would be too easy. You obviously weren’t looking where you were going. Next time, look before you start “losing yourself in thought.” But you know what? I don’t even think you’re smart enough to think, Princess.”

He started to walk away, but I wasn’t finished. That was the last straw. “Hey, I’m not done with you,” I said, irritated. “I don’t understand your problem with me. But these are my friends and my summer. I’m not letting you bring me down. It seems as if OUR friends have hit it off. And if OUR friends continue to be friends, then we’re going to have to deal with each other. So what the fuck is your problem?” My usual habit of not cursing was broken. I was pissed.

Logan spun around to look me, dead in the eye. “Well, PRINCESS. I know you’re type so well. You have Daddy’s money.” He made air quotes around “Daddy’s money.” “You think you’re ALL that with your fancy cars and big house. Well, news flash. In the real world, things don’t always go your way, Princess. You strike me as arrogant and overly confident. I don’t like those kinds of people, especially if they hang around MY friends.”

After his rant about my spoiled-ness, I attempted to keep back the tears. “Well, you know what? You don’t even know me, Logan. You know nothing about my life or about me. You just met me. What happened to not judging a book by its cover? You know NOTHING. I’m not going to stand here and get criticized by someone who isn’t giving this “Princess” a decent chance to show you the real her. Forget it. Don’t talk to me, and shove off, Logan.”

I walked away, willing the tears to stay in my eyes. But it only worked until I got to a bench away from all the noise. I sat there, and I broke down.

Logan’s POV

“What a drama queen,” I thought, walking in the opposite direction of Belle. “She irks me so bad. I don’t even know her.” I shook my head. “I know her type. She’s a spoiled American brat.” I started muttering to myself about divas and barbies.

“Yo bro!” I looked up to see Carlos and Melanie. “Wassup? Did you eat?” Carlos said, unusually happy.

I rolled my eyes. “Girls,” I thought to myself. “They make the male population act like buffoons. “Nah, Carlos,” I said, responding to his question. “I lost my appetite. Some people are irritating.”

Before Carlos could ask me about my comment, Melanie said, “Hey Logan. Did you happen to see where Belle went? She texted me saying she would find me after she got her burger, but she never showed.” A worry line was plastered over her forehead. “She is usually good with finding me?”

I made a face of annoyance and hatred, but I quickly tried to look indifferent. “I like Melanie,” I thought. “She’s nice. Carlos likes her. Her friend. . .not so much.” Carlos saw me though and shot me a look with his eyebrows. I shook my head, indicating I would tell him later.

“Um, nope,” I lied through my teeth. “I haven’t seen her. She isn’t my favorite person anyway. Spoiled girls usually aren’t.” I tried really hard not to badmouth Belle, but it came out of my mouth like word vomit.

Melanie’s eyebrows knitted together. She said, “Belle? She’s far from spoiled. Her life hasn’t been the easiest at all. If anything, I wish I could be as strong as Belle is. She’ll never show that she is hurt, but it is cause she has been through a lot in her life.”

“What?” I said, confused. “What do you even mean?” It started to seem as if the things Belle said were true, and I was wrong. I didn’t like being wrong.

Melanie shrugged. “I can’t really talk about it. It’s a sore subject for Belle. I mean if you ask her, she might tell you. She barely told us though, so I dunno. I really need to find her. I’m gonna go call her.” Melanie walked away, dialing Belle’s number.

Carlos walked up next to me as Melanie walked away. “Dude, what happened? You know where Belle went, don’t you? What did you do?” Carlos’s gaze followed Melanie.
I looked down at my shoes. “I don’t know, Carlos. I might have something potentially really horrible. I don’t know, dude.” A flash of lightning streaked the sky, and a sudden clap of thunder roared in the sky.

“Holy crap,” Carlos said, flinching. “A freak storm? We better find everyone and get somewhere dry.” It started to pour. It seemed as if the sky was going into a frenzy.

I just nodded. I silently followed Carlos as he ran towards Melanie. “Shit, I screwed things up. I’m an asshole,” I thought, ashamed. “Shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's shorter. But yeah. Updated again. I don't like Logan. Ass. But yeah! Comment? Probs not LOL.