Best I Never Had

The walls are breaking down

It was a beautiful sunny day in Virginia. I could feel the sunshine and a warm breeze through me as I opened my apartment door and walked towards cameron's car. Today was the last band practice for cameron's band "The Downtown Fiction" before they were off for their first tour around US. the band was consists of Cameron as the lead singer,David as the bassist,Eric as the drummer and their newest member,Wes whom had been their additional player as the guitarist.
"Hurry! I can't wait to hear the new song!" said Amelia,cameron's sister as I got into the car while Cameron just smiled. I always loved his smile,I've always loved him. But he'll never know my feelings for him,I won't let it ruined everything we've built after 5 years being best friends.
"Everyone's here already?" asked David as everybody gathered on his basement. There were some familiar faces that I saw when I entered the room,they were Vany,wes' girlfriend who's also me and amelia's best friend on high school and all members of Aim For The Weekend,the band that David was managed were also there.
"This song is called "Best I never had" this,by far was the most emotional song for me and I hope you guys like it,well enough with the speech. Let's hit it boys!" said Cameron with his microphone as he grabbed his guitar.

“I knew you once
You never knew me then
Afraid to ever say, I wanted to be friends
And now the years have passed, you're far away
And suddenly I feel I'm not the same

The walls are breaking down
I think I'm crackin' up
I look around
Now everything's too much

And the world is spinnin' much too fast
Well I can hardly catch my breath and I just hope that this will last
The world is slippin' from my grasp
I'm looking 'round to find, the girl I left behind
You were the best I never had

Remember when
I saw you in the hall
You passed right by my stare, not noticing at all
And if I'd had the guts, I'd catch your glance
But I am just the boy without a chance

The walls are breaking down
I think I'm crackin' up
I look around
Now everything's too much

And the world is spinnin' much too fast
Well I can hardly catch my breath and I just hope that this will last
The world is slippin' from my grasp
I'm looking 'round to find, the girl I left behind
You were the best I never had”

"Woohoo! I can imagine the crowd go wild and emotional at the same time. Like our singer did." Eric pointed his eyes to Cameron after the song ended as Cameron rolled his eyes.
"That song was brilliant!" I said while clapping my hands and so did everyone in the room.
"Dude,don't forget to bring me something from the tour!" John said
"GK shirt would be enough,size S" added JC to david as everyone bursted out laughing.
That day me,my girl friends and aftw boys spent our times at David's house. It was almost midnight and AFTW boys were about to go home. when i was about
to go home as well,David offered me to sleepover at his house since Cameron,Eric and Wes also stayed at his house because they have to leave early tomorrow and Amelia didn't want to be the only girl among the dudes so I accepted the offer.

CAMERON POV

"That song was about her,right?" Amelia said from my back as she caught me looking at Brianna who was talking with David.
"You know me too well,sis." I turned around facing her.
"You know you can get her,I'm sure she'll..."
"It's not that easy,Amelia." I cutted her words.
"I've been keeping this feeling for 5 years,ever since we've met on high school I couldn't see another girl standing next to me but her. As time passed by I realized that if I tell her the truth and we didn't work out I might lose her and things wouldn't be the same." I sighed as Amelia hugged me tight and left me. There's only 1 room left besides david's room and his house mate,john's room so we decided to share the room. Eric and Amelia decided that they want to share the same room,as David was already sleeping in his room when I was about to sleep in David's room I saw John already lied next to David. That means I have to share the last room with Wes or Brianna as I walked to the living room, I saw Wes and Brianna had a little argued about who's going to sleep on the couch.
"I can't let a girl sleeping on a couch." Wes said calmly.
"It's totally fine! You'll have a tour and it's important to have a good sleep in the bed,just use the room with Cameron. I'll be fine here." Brianna argued. but in the end Wes managed to convince Brianna to stayed in the bedroom with me. I knew him and everyone in the band wanted me to settle my feelings for Brianna but I just didnt have the guts to tell her that I love her so much.
"Cam?" Brianna tapped my shoulder from my back as i snapped out of my thoughts.
"Oh,I'm sorry...you can use the bed...I'll join David and John instead." I said as I walked away from her but she stopped me.
"No,it's fine. We can share this bed." she smiled and we both snuggled under the blanket. It was hard for me to sleep knowing that I will left Virginia for months and I wouldn't be able to see Brianna. I'm gonna miss her so much...seeing her sleeping next to me make me wanted to hold her in my arms the whole night before I left tomorrow morning.
"Can't sleep?" Brianna said as she turned her body to face me.
"I thought you were sleeping.." I mumbled.
"Well...i can't stop thinking about you and the band. It has been a wonderful moment spending times with you and seeing you grow into what you've become right now...I'm happy that you guys are living your dream...it's just..." Brianna started sobbing as tears fell down on her cheek and she burried her face with her hands.
"what's wrong,Bree?" I said as I took her hands from her face and wiped her tears.
"I know it sounds selfish but I'm gonna miss you guys so much,I couldn't stop thinking that you guys won't be needed me anymore. It breaks my heart that you guys are going to leave and I won't be able to see you for quite a while..I wish that I can come along too and..."
I put my lips on hers and cutted her words,I knew that this was wrong but god knows that I've been holding myself to did this for a long time. I couldn't help myself seeing her cry. She continued pressing her lips into mine until we decided to stop and breathe some air.
"I'm..I'm sorry.." Brianna stuttered and turned her back on me,I wanted to reach her but that will made me even more hard to leave home so I turned my back on her and tried to shut my eyes with this complicated feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
it was more like a prologue i think,comments are needed :)