Status: Being Started Soon :)

Sparks Fly

Just the Girl

Kevin:
As I finished getting dressed I couldn't get my mind off of Leah. I was trying to get in the zone for the game, but I couldn't shake the thought of her. We all got up and were about to walk out of the tunnel to take the ice. I was nervous for my first NHL game, but I thought it wouldn't be too bad. As I skated onto the ice I looked around the crowd and saw Leah by our bench in one of the isles getting the fans pumped up. This should be great, I was trying to get focused and now I get to see her all of warm-ups. I stretched a little bit then joined the drill. We were shooting and out of the corner of my eye I saw Leah watching I knew I had to impress her. While waiting for my turn, this song came on that described how I was feeling, it was kinda funny.

I was about to go and I noticed Leah was watching, so I looked over at her and winked. I skated in and faked twice then toe-dragged the puck across the crease, then buried the puck in the upper corner of the net. Luongo fell into the net and laughed. "Nice one kid!" "Thanks bud!" I was skating past the boards Leah was standing at, so when I was by her I jumped up and checked the boards to get the fans energized. "Yeah Kevin!" Leah screamed loud and the fans followed with loud cheers. I smiled her way then was almost knocked over by Ryan. "What do you think you are doing?" "Trying to pump up the fans, they seemed down." "No not that, you think you can get away with that junior trick stuff here?" "Well, um I." "Exactly! You can't, so cut that shit out. You won't be able to pull of that shit in one of these games, if you do then you deserve a fricking MVP trophy, no one can pull that off in real time in a game." "Okay, I'm sorry."

I looked over to Leah and her smile had faded. She mouthed the words to me 'sorry about him'. I shrugged my shoulders and skated away. Obviously the NHL isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Leah:
"So which one is he?" "Yeah tell us!" "Okay fine! He is number 3 Bieksa, right there." I pointed him out on the ice to my friends. "Oh, he is cute! But too young, plus you deserve him, no rookie has come in here in awhile." "Thanks Cassie, glad I have your permission." "No problem." We stood there while the clock ticked down before the game started. When the buzzer sounded the announcer said a few words to get the crowd pumped up. "Fans are you ready for some Canuck hockey?" All the fans cheered, and me and the girls did too. It's not hard being a cheerleader for the canucks, but it's not always the best job out there. "Let's go Canucks!" We got some of our cheers started and we watched the game to see how Kevin was doing.

He seemed to be doing fine, I mean he was playing a lot compared to other new guys. Kevin got the puck and turned it over. I put my pompom to my face, Ryan wasn't going to be happy. I could see by his body language Ryan was pissed. Luckily one of the other players cleared it out, but it was icing. Ryan got in Kevin's face and was yelling at him, that made me mad. I mean he is new, give him a break. I guess it also makes me mad because I think I have a crush on Kevin. He is cute and he has a cool personality, plus I will get to see him all the time, so why not go for it?
-----
The game was over and we had to stand by the main entrance while the fans left, I don't really know why we do that, just to give them an overall experience I guess? We had won the game 4-0, it was a really great game. As soon as we were allowed to change I ran so I could see Ryan before he left the rink. I got down to the locker room area and waited for him. He came out of the room and I quickly walked up to him. "Hey sis." He gave me a hug. "You like the game tonight, great win right?" "Why did you get in his face like that?" "What are you talking about?"

"Kevin, why did you yell at him every time he touched the puck tonight? He is new give him a break. We don't have time for breaks here, especially after how close we came last year." "It was his first game, he is getting adjusted, don't get mad when he makes a pass to someone else and not you." "It's not like that, I just think he should have been prepared better that's all." "How was your first NHL game? I think it was um? Really non-existent because, you played what 5 minutes? He got more playing time then you, so I think the coach feels he is adjusted just fine."

"Look, I want to win a Stanley Cup and I won't anything jeopardize that. Not you, not any other team, and especially not some little kid!" "He isn't a kid, he is a great hockey player who is trying his best to please everyone and prove people wrong that he can do this. I guess you just don't care enough to see that." I walked away to go wait for Kevin to come out to congratulate him on a great game, unlike my brother who I didn't say a kind word to in our whole conversation. If my brother is going to act like that towards Kevin, then he can't know I like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, another update. Comments please? and maybe check out some of my other stories? Thanks!