Status: Completed

We've All Been Lost for Most of This Life

Two

"Fuck!" Brian screamed, kicking his front door. He forgot his keys again, and his parents were in Vegas on 'business'.

"Dumbass," Jeana sneered; she had always been the bitchier twin. "Get inside."
Since their parents were good friends, Brian was told to go over to the Madel's in case of emergencies or if he got locked out. Jeana had been warned of the consequences of not letting him in. Brian flung his backpack over one shoulder and crossed his green grassy yard to get to the Madel's front porch.

"Where's the gang today Dog?" Long ago, when they were little, Jeana and Marie had given all the boys nicknames from their favorite show; Scooby Doo. Brian was Scooby, but they just called him Dog. They thought it was funny when people accused them of trying to be 'ghetto', although they rarely used the nicknames anymore.

"Baseball, basketball, girlfriends, you know," He shrugged as Jeana unlocked her door and threw her backpack down by the shoes and coat hangers on the wall. Her cat Hyjynx (she spelled it that way on purpose) nuzzled into her leg in greeting. She gave her a fond pat and escorted Brian into the kitchen after he closed the door. They sat on stools around the island in the middle of the room and listened to the messages on the answering machine.
Beeep.

"Hey girls, it's Mom, I'm gonna be running a little late today, so Pizza for dinner! Let dad know, 7:45 at the latest. Love you."

Beep.
"Hey, Richard, this is Kim from Lora's work? Just wanted to let you know my husband Bill still has those tickets. If you're inter-"

Beep.
"Babe, gotta skip on the movies tonight. Something came-"
Beeep.


"Piece of shit," Jeana muttered staring angerly at the recording device as if imagining ways to torture inanimate objects. The phrase 'Don't shoot the messenger' held no weight with her.

"Dude, tell me Aaron didn't cancel on her again," Brian was incredulous. Marie had seen her boyfriend maybe three times in the past month.
Jeana sighed and scowled as a response. For once Brian shared her look of distaste; he had known Marie basically his entire life and did NOT like the idea of someone fucking with her.

"So how long will she be staying after?" Brian asked grabbing a snack from the counter. As Marie grew older she had gained her sisters misbehaving streak, and got detentions as regularly as the others did, although her grades were always in the high 90's.

"Forty five minutes," Jeana responded, letting Hyjynx jump onto her lap.

"Wanna see what's on T.V.?" Jeana suggested after a moment of silence. Brian shrugged and they made their way to the living room to flop on the couch and flip through the channels.

"Hey," they both called not long after when Marie entered the house, only to join them in basically doing nothing.

"Pizza tonight, Mom'll be home late. That piece of shit canceled again. Apparently 'something came up'," Jeana utilized air quotes and one of her many scathing tones while informing her sister of that last bit.

"Great," Marie said sarcastically, her previously glum mood intensified.

"Fuck 'em," Jeana advised sagely.

"Well maybe if I did that he might actually stick around for a while," Marie quipped in a huff.

"Don't even joke about that shit," Her sister commanded though her laughter.

Shenanigans chose that exact moment to pounce into Marie's lap and rub her head against her abdomen.

Hyjynx and Shenanigans were from the same litter and were both female, which is why the twins felt they could identify with their pets so much.

"You forget your key again Brian?" Marie asked amused.

"Yeah," He admitted. "I don't even know why I bother. Anyway I'm gonna meet up with the guys in an hour; we're got a kind of a big announcement," He smiled crookedly.

"Alright," Both twins said at the same time, not even really registering what they had done.
Jeana hopped over the back of the couch and loping into the kitchen to grab a bag of Fungions. Neither Marie nor Brian would go anywhere near them.

"Losers," She accused solemnly for what must have been the thousandth time.

"Am not," Marie argued in childish playfulness. Jeana shoved her smiling, and Marie shoved her back; before anyone knew it they were on the floor having a friendly wrestling match.

"Hey, cut it out guys, you're missing the best part!" Brian scolded, successfully ending the little spat.

"I'm sorry Dente, but I just can't love you longer!" The B-Rate Lifetime actress nearly swooned with the weight of her words.

"But why Gloriana? I though we had something Special!" The man with the half unbuttoned shirt, framing perfectly toned abs protested.

"It's my husband Dente. He'll be home tomorrow and I couldn't bare it if he found out about us," She starred dramatically into the camera.

"I thought his job with the government would keep him in Siberia for the next three years!"

"No," She spun to face him. "His partner died and they're sending him home until they can find a replacement."

Yes, the three of them were in the rather odd habit of watching Lifetime movies and soap operas when they were bored. Those things were damn amusing.

Brian turned off the T.V. just as Gloriana's husband was about to find her and Dente 'getting it on' on their dining room table.

"Hey!" Both girls protested.

"I've seen the ending, Kevin, her husband, reveals that he was gay all along and was banging his partner. He hooks up with Dente before being arrested for murdering his partner for breaking up with him. Dente leaves the state and Gloriana screws the sexy gardener Enrique."

"Mom would love that," One of the sisters said laughingly. their mother was a florist who was eternally addicted to Lifetime, LMN, and any corny romance novels she could get her hands on.

They left for their friend Matt's house to meet up with everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hate BBcode or whatever the hell it is. >.<