What You Want, What You Need

Questions

(Brett’s P.O.V)
I walked back in with Lexi to see Ashley still flirting with Josh. She asked him a few questions about Ever After but it was obvious that she didn’t care. She just wants him to be interested in her. She’s wasting her time though because he has Amanda. Her and Josh are so in love it kinda sickens me sometimes, but they’re meant for each other. I wish she could see that and move on to someone else. Someone like me...
I had to talk to her, but I had no idea what to say. “So Ashley..uh... do you have a,uh, pet?” What the fuck? A pet? That’s the best I could come up with?
“Uh, yeah, a dog.” She was confused and annoyed, I could tell by the look on her face. She doesn’t want to talk to anyone else but Josh so this is gunna be hard. I turned towards Lexi who was giving me a questioning gaze.
“What?” she mouthed to me. I shrugged and shook my head.
“I don’t know.” I mouthed back.
As I did, Josh’s cell rang and Lexi did a little dance to his ringtone, Another One Bites the Dust by Queen. When he answered, I laughed at Lexi who made a little pouty face it was finished.
“Hello? Hey baby.” Obviously it had to be Amanda.I noticed Ashley roll her eyes when he said “baby” because she also knew who he was talking to. “I’d love to, but I’m at work. Sure you can come over here, you’re always welcome. And when you get here, you better tell me how your trip was. Okay? Alright, see ya soon. Love you.” He hung up and placed is Torch on his lap, and Ashley gave a fake smile. And yes, I can tell whether a smile is fake or not. It’s ‘cause I’m awesome, bitches.
“Was that your girlfriend?” the fake kindness in Ashley’s voice was so noticeable that I bet even Matt heard it, and Matt can be pretty slow sometimes.
“Yeah, she’s gunna be here in a few minutes.” Josh got up from the couch, opened the box of Coke Zero and took out a can.
“Addicted.” Lexi said through a fake cough. Josh walked over to her and messed up her hair, causing her to giggle and slap his arm.
“Ouch! A little violent today, are we?”
Lexi pointed towards her straight jet black hair that was a bit longer than shoulder length. “It took me forever to straighten this, asshole.”
“Whatever.” was Josh’s only reply and he messed it up again. “I gotta go mix a song. Tell me when Amanda gets here, okay Matt?”
“Definitely.” Matt nodded.
“Awesome.” Josh said, and then walked into the studio.
“So...what does she look like?” Ashley asked, but to no one in particular.
“Who?” Matt asked.
“Amanda. What does she look like?”
“Oh..uh..she, uh,” Oh Matt and his awkwardness. “has blonde hair and blue eyes, a few inches shorter than Josh, le-”
“Is she really pretty?”Ashley interrupted.
“Gorgeous.” I answered, but a bit too quickly. “Just sayin’”
“So he’s got a thing for blondes?” Ashley said it like a question, but I knew it was a statement. Or more like an assumption.
“If by 'blondes’ you mean 'sweet, kind, funny, smart and amazing girls’ then yes, he has a thing for blondes.” I replied.
“She’s also got awesome laser tag skillage.” Matt added, and it was true. Out of all the people we play with, she’s the one that tags me the most.
“Speaking of which,” Lexi said, changing the subject. “We should all go play laser tag sometime. Including Ian, Mike, Amanda and Jessica.”
“Why?” Ashley sounded disgusted. And not because of the idea of laser tag.It’s because of who might be coming.
“Because it would be fun! We should do it tonight. What do you guys say?”
Matt shrugged and nodded.“I’m all for it. Just gotta ask Jessica.”
“It sound cool.” Katie said with a smile.
“I definitely want to.” I said.
It took Ashley a while to finally say, “Fine. It sound fun, I guess.”
Lexi clapped her hands and jumped up and down like a little girl. “Awesome! Now we just gotta ask Josh, Amanda, Mike and Ian and we’re set!” Lexi pulled out her phone from her front pocket of her red skinnies and began texting someone, and it was probably her asking Mike or Ian about the laser tag thing.
About 15 minutes later, we heard the door open up and saw Amanda walk in.
“Hey guys!” She said kindly to everyone in the room. Everyone else replied with either a “hey”, a “hi” or a “what’s up?”; everyone except for Ashley, who rolled her eyes and looked away from her.
Amanda noticed but didn’t seem to care. “So where’s Josh?”
“He’s in the studio mixing a song, I’ll go get him.” Matt got up from the couch and walked inside the studio to fetch her beloved boyfriend.
“So Amanda,” Ashley started with a slightly bitchy tone. “I love your flower headband. I’ve seen one just like it at the dollar store.” My jaw dropped in disbelief, and so did Lexi and Katie. Did she really just say that?
“Excuse me?” Amanda asked in disgust.
“Hey, I’m just saying that it’s kind of a coincidence that it looks exactly the same as the one I saw at A Buck Or Two.” I’m starting to question my attraction towards Ashley.
Right after that rude comment, Josh walked out of the studio and smiled at the sight of Amanda.
“Hey sexy.” he chirped before embracing her and giving her a short little kiss. “What’s up?”
“Nothing much, just wanted to see you.” She looked over at Ashley for a quick second, then turned her attention back to Josh. “Are you sure you can’t come back to the studio later? I really wanna spend some time with you today. And not here. Maybe we can go to my apartment or something.” Her voice suddenly became flirty and she placed her palm on Josh’s chest while looking seductively into his eyes. Is it bad to say I’m slightly turned on by that?
Josh lightly moaned and kissed Amanda again, this time a little longer. “Sure, Mandy. Whatever you want.”
“I don’t mean to break up this little love fest that’s making me a tiny bit sick right now, but do you two wanna play some laser tag tonight?” Matt asked the lovebirds.
“That sound awesome.” Amanda answered. “What time?”
“I dunno, is 10 fine with you guys?”
“10 is a great time.Well uh, I’m leaving now so you guys are gonna have to get the fuck out.” Josh laughed.
“Alrighty then.” I said, then got up then made an old man grunt as I did. Lexi giggled and walked towards me.
“Brett, you sound like an 85-year-old-man.” she said through her giggles.
“Ugh, I’m too lazy to get up.” Ashley sighed.
“Here, let me help you up.” I offered kindly and held my hand out towards her. Surprisingly she grabbed my hand and pulled herself up.
“Thanks, Brett.” She said with a smile. Uh.... okay I’m confused. She wasn’t being kind to anyone but Josh who...was with Amanda right now. Oh, now it all makes sense.
In about 5 minutes everyone but me, Lexi and Ashley were left standing in the parking lot.
“I’ve gotta get home and figure out some new warm ups for my next vocal class. Maybe, uh, you and Brett could hang out, Ashley” Lexi suggested. I see what she’s doing...
Ashley shrugged. “Um..I guess so. I mean, I’m not busy.”
“Great! I mean...cool. You guys have fun. I’ll see you two at 10.” Lexi made her way towards her Escalade and got inside. Before driving off, I noticed that she gave me a little wink; a wink that definitely meant “You’re welcome”.
“So... what do you wanna do?” I asked Ashley.
“We could... go downtown. I love being downtown.” Ashley answered with a sweet smile. After what just happened inside, it’s weird to see her like this. But I like it. A lot.
“Sure, let’s go downtown.” I smiled at the brown haired beauty and we both headed towards my car.
Knowing that I’m about to spend most of the day with Ashley just made me feel 10x better, and it’s all thanks to Lexi. If things go well, then I owe her big time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it! (Oh, and I forgot to mention that Matt already introduced Katie to Brett.)