Status: I'm finally done!!!

Crash Landed In Camelot

Chapter Two: Introductions

We raced through the woods towards Camelot. When we came to a clearing, I gasped in awe. The city was huge. The castle was easy to distinguish, being the highest part. Everything was made in stone. As it was night, I could not see everything the outline suggested but I knew that in daylight this city was like none other I had ever seen.“This is Camelot?” I managed.

“Yes. Before we go to the castle, Gwen asked me to stop by.”

“To prove the dress wasn’t for you?” I quipped. Merlin nodded as we continued into town.

“Wait. The castle?”

“Yes. I’m Arthur’s servant.”

“You’re his servant?” I asked incredulously.

“Yes. I thought you said you read about us.” Merlin wondered.

“I did. But I said it was legends not historical fact.” So part of the legend was wrong, no big deal.

“Merlin,” called out a voice.

“Gwen!” Merlin replied approaching the voice that led to a woman who appeared the same age as I. “Gwen, meet my cousin Cadi. She’s visiting from the northern borders.”

“Nice to meet you Gwen.” I said unsure if I should nod my head or shake hands. Why hadn’t I looked up how to act in ye olden times? Oh, right. I wasn’t planning on visiting.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Gwen smiled. “Where are your things? It must have been a long journey here.”

“I uhm…” What was I going to say? I died and woke up in Camelot. I looked to Merlin for help.

“She was attacked by thugs on her way here. They stole her horse and belongings.” Merlin explained rescuing me. I smiled my thank you.

“But about the dress she was wearing?”

“One of them had grabbed me but I managed to slip out of their hands but he ripped my dress in the process.”

“That’s horrible. That must have been a very traumatic experience.”

“It was. I thought I was going to die.” I said quietly.

“It’s getting late. And Gaius is waiting.” Merlin said interrupting the slightly awkward silence. We said our good-byes and parted ways. We entered the castle grounds. Merlin explained that Gaius was the court physician but he was also Merlin’s guardian. Gaius was the only other person that knew he did magic. On the outside, the castle was huge but on the inside, it was enormous. We took so many turns that I had could not recall where the entrance was if my life depended on it. Finally, we came to the wooden door that I assumed led to Gaius’s room.

“Gaius. Sorry I’m late but something happened.” Merlin stated walking into the room.

“Merlin! Where have you been?” said who I assumed to be Gaius as he was the only one in the room. He hadn’t seen me yet.

“I uh, I ran into…” Merlin said suddenly unsure of how to explain. Hell, I wouldn’t know what to say. Hey Gaius. Yeah I’m late because I ran into a crazy lady claiming to be from the future.

“Me,” I said walking in through the door.

“Who are you?” Gaius asked.

“Gaius. This is Cadi. She’s… she’s from the future.” Merlin nervously said.

“The future? Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.” I said confidently.

“But how did you get here?”

“That’s what we’ve been trying to figure out…” Merlin said. “Gaius, have you ever heard of this happening before?” Before Gaius could respond, another man knocked on the door and entered the room.

“Merlin! Where have you been? I have been looking all over the castle. You forgot to polish my armor for tomorrow’s tournament.” This must be the Prince Arthur. Well… he’s not exactly the fair kind king I read so much about.

“Sorry sire. I was fetching herbs for Gaius. I’ll start on it right away.” Merlin apologized. He gave me a quick smile and muttered a quick be right back before he ran to get Arthur’s armor. I heard Arthur mutter something under his breath that sounded like complete idiot but I wasn’t sure. It was time to have a little fun.

“I’m sorry sire, what was that?” I cheekily asked. Arthur cleared his throat; noticing me for the first time.

“Nothing. Uhm, who… are you?” He asked.

“Sorry sire. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Cadi, Merlin’s cousin.” I curtsied. That’s what I was suppose do to, right? He is royalty. Wow. I just met royalty. Okay. This is getting pretty frickin’ awesome.

“From where do you hail? I don’t recognize your accent.” Arthur asked.

“From the northern borders. There is a mix of cultures in my village.” I explained hoping that it would do.

“I see. That is quite a ways away to visit a cousin.”

“Yes. It was a long tiring journey.” I said wearily. How am I going to explain why I was visiting... it was a long trip, if I knew my geography right. “I’m sorry sire. I would love to explain why Merlin is so important to me but I fear that the day’s events have finally caught up to me.” I softly explained. It was true. Drowning, concussions, time travel, and griffins. If that doesn’t wear you down, I don’t know what would.

“Of course. Good night Cadi.” Arthur said leaving the room as Merlin arrived with Arthur’s armor.

“You have to polish all of that by tomorrow?” I exclaimed.

“It’s nothing. I’ve done more. So what did you two talk about?” he inquired.

“Why? Jealous?” I joked. He blushed.

“No. I just mean what does he know about you?” He fumbled.

“I know. I was just teasing. Uhm... I just told him where I was from... in this time” I quickly added. “Otherwise I just told him I was tired from the trip.” I yawned.

“Oh! You must be tired after everything today. You can sleep in my bed tonight and tomorrow we’ll figure everything out.”

“I couldn’t take your bed.”

“I insist. Besides, I’m going to be up later polishing this armor.” Merlin said pointing to the armor.

“You’ve done so much; I can’t take your bed. I can sleep on the floor. I was going to do that tonight any way.”

“I won’t have it. If I have to force you there I will.” Merlin persisted. After going back and forth I finally gave up and took his bed. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing but it was enough to put me into a soundless sleep minutes after putting my head to the pillow.