Status: Active

Endless, A Silent Whisper

First chapter.

“Honestly guys. A minute early or a millisecond late won’t make a difference,” I reprimanded, feeling my my best friend’s arm start to clutch around my neck tightly. “I'd be dead if you don't take your arm off of me Urie!”

“Just wait for iiiiiiiiiit!” Jon crept beneath my legs and—“HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSS!” he yelled so loud I almost fell off the couch.

I looked at the clock and I guess Jon did greet me at exactly twelve o’clock.

“Damn it! Just… Spencer, I’m going to kill you for this!” Brendon ran after Spencer who happened to sprint across the living room and into the kitchen.

“Ha!” Jon yelled at Brendon who just ran past him. “I just wanted to piss him off big time,” he yanked me on the shoulder and we both headed to the kitchen, where we found Brendon poking Spencer, who happened to make it under the table to hide, with a broom.

“Wasn’t my fault I’m doing this to you,” Brendon sighed. “Ryan, you know that wasn’t fair, he threw his sock on my face, so I was distracted. Next year, on your next birthday, I tell you,”

“Don’t promise me something you wouldn’t manage to do,” I pulled a chair beside where he continued poking Spencer, while Jon settled soda and chips on the table.

I saw Brendon raise an eyebrow and smirk. I smiled. I liked it when he did that, being so upset about not being able to do something for me, even if it didn't bother me.
.
.
.
.
We spent the whole evening drowning ourselves with soda, beer, and chips on the sofa, while watching suck-ish horror movies and laughing our sanity off.

“Sorry, this was the best we could plan for your birthday,” Spencer nagged his elbow on my side, “But don’t worry, there’s about twenty hours left before it ends and we could do whatever you want in the morning,” he suggested, throwing another chip into his mouth. “Would you like that?”

“Are you kidding me? I’m having the time of my life here. I can stay like this for the rest of my birthday and claim I had the best birthday in the world,” I raised my legs and rested them on Brendon’s lap, who seemed pissed off at the random fluffy scenes in the horror movie.

“Either you’re already drunk on soda Ryan, or… you’re drunk,” Brendon said, not taking his eyes off the screen. “That’s impossible. We know you’d want to do something… wanna go out with some of the ladies tomorrow?” he asked, now staring at me, his eyebrows mocking me.

“I’m too drunk on soda to be flirting with anybody tomorrow,” I reasoned out, sounding uninterested. But really, I was uninterested. Believe it or not, but I hadn’t seriously thought about meeting or going out with girls during the last few months.

Right now I just wanted to be with them. With Spencer, Jon, and my best friend.

“Err. ‘Kay.” Brendon shrugged. For all I know he was the one who wanted to flirt. Or, I don’t know. Maybe he was still pissed about what happened earlier, and I think it was sweet.

After half an hour we all decided to go to bed. It wasn’t because we were sleepy, but we ran out of chips and DVDs. I forced everyone to clean the mess up in case my mom returns home tomorrow.

I threw myself on my bed after I led all the others in the vacant rooms in the house. My room was almost completely void of light and it was cold. I felt myself starting to slip away. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, spreading my arms wide. “Happy birthday, Ryan Ross.”

.
.
.
.
.
My chest felt heavy and my legs felt as if they would collapse anytime. My mind was panicking. Then I felt myself scream my lungs out.

There was long deafening sound as I stared at the endless stretch of road in front of me. I looked at my right. The light was blinding and it was approaching fast like a bullet. My feet started sprinting on its own and they felt heavy on the concrete floor.

Then I heard a lot of people screaming, running towards the scene in front of me. I was running to the same spot, not knowing what to expect.

And suddenly, everywhere there was blood coming from where we were all headed.

Then everything started to fade.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. :)