Status: Active

Endless, A Silent Whisper

Third chapter.

I’d been staring at the door which Brendon had left ajar for a long time before I realized I’d been completely frozen. Brendon stood up and took me by the arm.

“I forgot something. Come with me downstairs,” he opened the door with his other arm and I hesitated for a moment.

“What was it?” I asked and Brendon just smiled a little, nodding his head softly and gesturing me to just go with him.

At that moment I felt safe. I needed someone who would hold me, look deep into me, and give me the right smile when I felt lost. My best friend had his way of just looking at me in the eyes and I know he could feel what I was feeling, no matter how hard I tried to hide anything. And this time I hadn’t even told him what happened. But I felt safe when he was there.

I stood up and we exited the room quietly. He didn’t let go of my hand when we went down the stairs. I saw a soft smile stretch across his face as he let go of my hand and turned his gaze towards the old secondhand piano, something my mom received for her birthday while she was still in her youth.

“She won’t mind if I—?” Brendon stretched his arms across the piano, about to lift the covers, his head turning towards me.

“No, she won’t. And have I told you she actually wanted to hear you play again sometime?” I quickened my pace and reached for the seat, pulling it against our shins.

“I would love to, tell her I would love to,” his eyes lit up. He walked around the piano chair sat, striking some chords softly.

“What exactly did you forget though?” I asked, positioning myself to sit behind him.

“Hmm, listen,” he stopped, and took a deep breath, and in a really slow but graceful manner he sang to me his own rendition of ‘Happy Birthday’.

IT WAS CHEESY. My best friend had always been one of the cheesiest people I’d ever talked to in my whole life. I was literally trying to hold back myself from chuckling, but somehow I thought it was cute. I started pushing random keys on the piano in the middle of the song to distract him but I only made him laugh and he still continued playing. I watched him as he played.

Brendon was one of the most beautiful people I’d ever seen, and I was thankful I met him. I’d be no one without him, because seriously most of the time he was the only one who was always there for me. I had other friends, he had other friends too. But when I needed him, he knew, and he was there. I never needed someone else in my life as much as I needed him.
And I try my best to be there for him every single day of my life as well. And at times it felt as if I were his, and he was mine.

And somehow I thought nothing could ever change that.

But I was wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think. :)